Step 1....Turn on Fax Machine

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:58 am Good press conference from fritz. He said there are two more grad transfer kids (1’s a juco according to ftw) who hopefully will be signing today bringing us up to the 21 number we have seen discussed. 21 includes all transfers, signees, and grad transfers.
The Presser
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 am
cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 am In the Future (hopefully with an uptick next year) we need to start taking our pick of the litter from ULM/ULL/LATech. I know several people have said some of these guys won’t qualify to play at Tulane but I see several mid 3 star guys we offered that ended up at ULL.
That can't be. Wave755 told us that could never happen.
Not for long :D

Imagine what will happen now that we’re winning.
I saw only 1 that was listed as a Tulane offer, Kendall Wilkerson, DE out of Kentwood. Who are the other two?

Looks like we'll sign 20 today with 5 blueshirts for a class of 25. Also have a qb transfer out of Georgia who will enroll on academic scholarship (ACT 30) as a PWO for the spring. Apparently Georgia's trying to get him back now that Fields has announced his transfer from the program.

Should be our best class ever, not that we need it. LOL
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
AugWave
Swell

Have some strong players coming into the fold. *sigh* If only we had a competent coach 5 years ago...
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:12 am In the Future (hopefully with an uptick next year) we need to start taking our pick of the litter from ULM/ULL/LATech. I know several people have said some of these guys won’t qualify to play at Tulane but I see several mid 3 star guys we offered that ended up at ULL.
That is BS as to players not being able to qualify. Tulane can and does accept minimum qualifiers. Don't let them mislead you. It's been that way for 7 years now.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

Any word on th qb from Warren Easton
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:34 am
winwave wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:32 am
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:28 am I just noticed they REMOVED Darius Hodges from the signees list. Wonder what's up with that?
As per ftw Hodges is signed but there are other issues. He didn't elaborate. I'm inclined to think he hasn't met the NCAA minimums yet but who knows.
I saw that as well.
Turns out he just wants to announce with his teammates in February. I changed my OP.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:50 am Any word on th qb from Warren Easton
Not that I've heard but that would be the best news of the day if we got him. Fingers crossed.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:09 am

I saw only 1 that was listed as a Tulane offer, Kendall Wilkerson, DE out of Kentwood. Who are the other two?

Looks like we'll sign 20 today with 5 blueshirts for a class of 25. Also have a qb transfer out of Georgia who will enroll on academic scholarship (ACT 30) as a PWO for the spring. Apparently Georgia's trying to get him back now that Fields has announced his transfer from the program.

I didn’t go down the entire list but amongst the top 5 or so ULL recruits on 247 Tulane also offered Tyler Guidry and Brandon Legendere. They both had something like 20 offers.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JUCO / Transfer signee Nick Anderson

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

chain gang x man wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:50 am Any word on th qb from Warren Easton

I was wondering the same thing. What was his name? Was this the kid that Daniels was talking about?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:25 pm

I was wondering the same thing. What was his name? Was this the kid that Daniels was talking about?
Lance Legendre

I've heard some say he may not sign until February.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 pm

I didn’t go down the entire list but amongst the top 5 or so ULL recruits on 247 Tulane also offered Tyler Guidry and Brandon Legendere. They both had something like 20 offers.
Bicoastal, the only ULALA signee offered by Tulane was Kendall Wilkinson. Wilkinson also had an offer from UCF.

17 & 18 year old's ? :confused:
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:38 pm

Bicoastal, the only ULALA signee offered by Tulane was Kendall Wilkinson. Wilkinson also had an offer from UCF.

17 & 18 year old's ? :confused:
Ok, I could def be wrong or maybe those offers were pulled ? Just passing on what I saw on 247.

Do we have any idea who the mystery 21st signee Maybe ?
cajunfanatico
Swell

Some Cajun fans who know far more about this stuff than I are saying Brandon Legendere. is one of the best we signed today.

Of those who signed today, looks like 13 out of 20 played their high school ball in Louisiana. Napier said he'd recruit the state heavily and so far, so good.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
cajunfanatico
Swell

I figured it'd be best to wait for 755 to fill us in on the details of the Cajun signees because he couldn't care less. :D
ccap05
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:01 pm I figured it'd be best to wait for 755 to fill us in on the details of the Cajun signees because he couldn't care less. :D
I suggest discussion of the Laffy recruiting class be moved to the "Other Louisiana Schools" section or, better yet, another website that focuses on SBC football rather than Tulane football.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:01 pm I figured it'd be best to wait for 755 to fill us in on the details of the Cajun signees because he couldn't care less. :D
AAC v. SBC, Men v. Boys. :D
RobertM320
Green Wave

Nothing on Tyrone Lewis Jr yet. He was supposed to announce his choice and sign his NLI today at 2pm at school. Nothing on his Twitter to say if he did or not.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:26 pm Nothing on Tyrone Lewis Jr yet. He was supposed to announce his choice and sign his NLI today at 2pm at school. Nothing on his Twitter to say if he did or not.
He has 26 offers, & happily LSU is not one of them.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:26 pm Nothing on Tyrone Lewis Jr yet. He was supposed to announce his choice and sign his NLI today at 2pm at school. Nothing on his Twitter to say if he did or not.
Agreed, Tyrone Lewis would be big one. It would be amazing if we could flip him from Kansas State. There were some Kansas state fans trolling Tulane guys on Twitter about trying to flip our recruit spears, so it would be amazing to take Tyrone Lewis and have Spears (who did sign with us). He would be our 2nd highest recruit for this class according to 247.
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:32 pm
Agreed, Tyrone Lewis would be big one. It would be amazing if we could flip him from Kansas State. There were some Kansas state fans trolling Tulane guys on Twitter about trying to flip our recruit spears, so it would be amazing to take Tyrone Lewis and have Spears (who did sign with us).
Yep, looks like it is down to Tulane & Kansas St., with Missouri & Utah out of the picture. Hopefully, he wants to play for the home folks.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Found this on a Kansas’ newspaper website regarding Tyrone Lewis @1:15pm:

“Also, DB Tyrone Lewis, part of the Louisiana group that Klieman and Braet visited last week, may not announce today after all (he still could, but rumors are that he will wait until February to sign with any school).”
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IF Tyler Judson is really going to enroll in the School of Architecture, that's a tough road for a D1 football player to take. Maybe it's changed, but those guys pulled many an all-nighter when I was an undergrad. Most were followed by a drinking binge in America's Greatest City!

I know Tulane has quite a few challenging programs offered, but I always thought Architecture was one of the toughest when I was an undergrad. Good Luck and welcome to the Tulane Family Mr. Judson.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V