Tulane Whips ULL 41-24 In The Cure Bowl

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

AugWave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:20 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:49 pm Daniels is not highly thought of. It wouldn't be surprising to see him transfer.
If I were him, I wouldn't. Next year he'll be a RS Fr. Following year will be a battle between he and the Southern Miss transfer (I think the USM transfer will be our next starting QB unless we get a STUD in the next recruiting class or two). After that, it should be his job to lose.

Feels good to finally have some depth for once.
Hey, AugWave, glad to see you post, LTNS!

I think what winwave is saying is that Daniels might not be good enough to be handed the job, especially if we bring in other QB recruits the next year or two.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Right. He’s not considered a D-1 QB now. If he stays he’ll likely be moved to WR or TE.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dupergreenie
Surge

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:22 pm Hurts a bit to lose encalade, but we are swapping him out for mcclesky. A proven vet WR, who is top 10 all time in yards and tds at Oklahoma State. I would say that’s an upgrade over encalade if he stays healthy. Dauphine/Bradwell/ amari Jones all back and a year stronger, more mature and wiser. I’m sure some of our freshman (Spears’s) and rising rb’s (huderson) will battle for playing time.

Sucks to lose chuck jones when he could have been a real weapon all year, but he should be proud of the massive plays he made in the last two
Games.

McMillan will be back with a full year to study the new offense and with a dynamic OC to Help him develop. If Howard, Daniels or a freshman beat him out we have to be pleased to be in such a spot. If he’s the starter I’ll still be happy as we look to win conference.
Does anyone know anything about the staffs thoughts on Christian Daniels the rising sophomore who redshirted ? Not much is known.

Anyway- The sun is shining brightly, a good time to be alive
- Roll Wave !
I talked to coach last year before he boarded a flight to make sure Daniels was still a commit. He said that we were the only team to offer him a full ride at qb and that a red shirt year would be hugely beneficial to him. Coach told me that he is such an athlete the he could play any position his weight would allow him to play.
Dupergreenie
Surge

winwave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:47 pm Right. He’s not considered a D-1 QB now. If he stays he’ll likely be moved to WR or TE.
I will respectfully disagree only if we can keep our new OC. The great thing about JMac is if he is able to start next year it gives Daniel's another year to learn. I wouldn't cross his name out just yet. However like I said in an above post coach did say he is very versatile so maybe seeing how Bradwell was able to change positions maybe he would also. Just don't cross his name off yet.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dupergreenie wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:23 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:47 pm Right. He’s not considered a D-1 QB now. If he stays he’ll likely be moved to WR or TE.
I will respectfully disagree only if we can keep our new OC. The great thing about JMac is if he is able to start next year it gives Daniel's another year to learn. I wouldn't cross his name out just yet. However like I said in an above post coach did say he is very versatile so maybe seeing how Bradwell was able to change positions maybe he would also. Just don't cross his name off yet.
Duper- that's my point-just like Bradwell and Ledford we were the only team recruiting them and Daniels as QB's. WF uses that to get them and then switches them. I think the same happens here. Like many others I wasn't impressed by his HS film and he was clearly playing against a very low level of competition. He also wasn't impressive in the spring. Who knows maybe Hall can work miracles but if he plays for us at some point I think it will be some place other than QB. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dupergreenie
Surge

winwave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:05 pm
Dupergreenie wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:23 pm
Duper- that's my point-just like Bradwell and Ledford we were the only team recruiting them and Daniels as QB's. WF uses that to get them and then switches them. I think the same happens here. Like many others I wasn't impressed by his HS film and he was clearly playing against a very low level of competition. He also wasn't impressive in the spring. Who knows maybe Hall can work miracles but if he plays for us at some point I think it will be some place other than QB. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.
Very true. I will fully admit I didn't watch him in the spring and I don't put a lot into HS film. Let's hope he either turns into a good qb or switched positions and becomes a good player at that position.
AugWave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:25 pm
AugWave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:20 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:49 pm Daniels is not highly thought of. It wouldn't be surprising to see him transfer.
If I were him, I wouldn't. Next year he'll be a RS Fr. Following year will be a battle between he and the Southern Miss transfer (I think the USM transfer will be our next starting QB unless we get a STUD in the next recruiting class or two). After that, it should be his job to lose.

Feels good to finally have some depth for once.
Hey, AugWave, glad to see you post, LTNS!

I think what winwave is saying is that Daniels might not be good enough to be handed the job, especially if we bring in other QB recruits the next year or two.
I've been lurking, but figured I'd start posting again :mrgreen: .
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
ccap05
Surge

I am happy with the season but beating UL-Laf, UL-M or Troy should not be our goal. I very much look forward to next year, two more regular season wins and a meaningful post season game. Green Wave
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ccap05 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 am I am happy with the season but beating UL-Laf, UL-M or Troy should not be our goal. I very much look forward to next year, two more regular season wins and a meaningful post season game. Green Wave

I hear where you're coming from. I'd note though that the only way to get a truly meaningful Bowl Game for us is to win the AAC and get the NY6 Bowl slot.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 pmI hear where you're coming from. I'd note though that the only way to get a truly meaningful Bowl Game for us is to win the AAC and get the NY6 Bowl slot.
This, and nothing less, should be our next goal.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Dupergreenie
Surge

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:27 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 pmI hear where you're coming from. I'd note though that the only way to get a truly meaningful Bowl Game for us is to win the AAC and get the NY6 Bowl slot.
I will agree with most everything posted. The only thing is getting to a NY6 bowl will be difficult since Tulane would likely need to be undefeated (possibly 1 loss) in order to achieve that. I personally would be ecstatic to play for the conference championship next year or the following year. I would say that going to a bowl game every year (with the exception of massive injuries) should now be the exception. I can say that the future is finally looking bright for Tulane football.
Wave755
Tsunami

Dupergreenie wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:42 pm
I will agree with most everything posted. The only thing is getting to a NY6 bowl will be difficult since Tulane would likely need to be undefeated (possibly 1 loss) in order to achieve that. I personally would be ecstatic to play for the conference championship next year or the following year. I would say that going to a bowl game every year (with the exception of massive injuries) should now be the expectation(FIFY). I can say that the future is finally looking bright for Tulane football.
And, a Big +1!
Dupergreenie
Surge

Wave755 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:05 pm
Dupergreenie wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:42 pm
I will agree with most everything posted. The only thing is getting to a NY6 bowl will be difficult since Tulane would likely need to be undefeated (possibly 1 loss) in order to achieve that. I personally would be ecstatic to play for the conference championship next year or the following year. I would say that going to a bowl game every year (with the exception of massive injuries) should now be the expectation(FIFY). I can say that the future is finally looking bright for Tulane football.
And, a Big +1!
Jeez.... I am an idiot. That's actually what I meant to put. Thanks for catching that lol.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 pm
ccap05 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 am I am happy with the season but beating UL-Laf, UL-M or Troy should not be our goal. I very much look forward to next year, two more regular season wins and a meaningful post season game. Green Wave

I hear where you're coming from. I'd note though that the only way to get a truly meaningful Bowl Game for us is to win the AAC and get the NY6 Bowl slot.
The problem is, winning the AAC and getting the NY6 Bowl slot aren't linked together. There's always going to be a team in one of the remaining G5's that's going to finish with 2 losses or less. (This year Utah St, Fresno St and App St all had two losses) So as win said, unless you go undefeated or lose only 1 game, there's the risk of that slot going elsewhere. The only reasonable expectation is that you compete for conference championships every year, and that you schedule well enough that a great season has a stronger SOS than a non AAC G5 member. The NY6 slot is ONE slot, with 60 schools competing for it.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson