VB in NATIONAL INVITATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
localvb
High Tide

Last nights win over Charleston was some of the best volleyball I have ever seen. Tulane faced a great team and rose to the challenge. Nothing was going to stop them!!!
It blows my mind that they did this with 4 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the floor!!!!!!!

Now to Iowa State. Ironic that Coach Barnes will bring his team to a Big 12 floor after coaching in the Big 12 for so long. Nice advantage.

The gym wasn’t packed unfortuanltiy but the crowd was GREAT and the ENERGY was crazy good. The team clearly fed off it. Well done Tulane!!!!

Bigschtick
Riptide

Congrats to the team and Coach!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
anEngineer
Riptide

As good as it was, all the games were at Devlin. That's quite an advantage. Winnng the championship on the road would be an incredible statement.
GreenLantern
Riptide

localvb wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 am Last nights win over Charleston was some of the best volleyball I have ever seen. Tulane faced a great team and rose to the challenge. Nothing was going to stop them!!!
It blows my mind that they did this with 4 freshmen and 2 sophomores on the floor!!!!!!!

Now to Iowa State. Ironic that Coach Barnes will bring his team to a Big 12 floor after coaching in the Big 12 for so long. Nice advantage.

The gym wasn’t packed unfortuanltiy but the crowd was GREAT and the ENERGY was crazy good. The team clearly fed off it. Well done Tulane!!!!
It was an exciting atmosphere at Devlin and this team deserved our support.

In view of the full-house gifting of tickets by Coach Fritz and the appeal to pack the house with Tulane fans, I was surprised and disappointed that there was no cheerleader nor SoundWave presence at the game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

More coverage:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 29f2c.html

It's a shame that yesterday they just had a small blurb about last night's match at the bottom of the notes on page 2 of the sports section.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

At least they didn’t mention Men’s BB
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Link to stream the live match free:
https://cyclones.com/watch/?Live=32&cat ... &type=Live
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

NIVC championship game info
When: Tuesday, December 11

Time: 6:30 p.m.
Can't wait to tune in!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What a class move by Coach Fritz. Great job by the Green Wave in winning the other night. Best of luck in the Championship.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
localvb
High Tide

The game will be free on the Iowa State website.
Also, I just saw this on Twitter. How impressive is this? Tulane ranking in NCAA stats. This includes every team in the nation:
#1 in Assist
#2 in Kills
#4 in Blocks
#5 in total Defense.

WOW!!

This team is now up to a 42 rpi. They should have been in the NCAA’s.
GreenLantern
Riptide

localvb wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:52 pm The game will be free on the Iowa State website.
Also, I just saw this on Twitter. How impressive is this? Tulane ranking in NCAA stats. This includes every team in the nation:
#1 in Assist
#2 in Kills
#4 in Blocks
#5 in total Defense.

WOW!!

This team is now up to a 42 rpi. They should have been in the NCAA’s.
Thanks for the updates and I admire your enthusiasm, localvb. You've made a volleyball fan out of me. I attended two of the NIT tournament games and had a great time. Here's hoping the program continues to grow under Coach Barnes.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Iowa St. wins first set 25-21
GreenLantern
Riptide

Iowa St wins 2nd set 30-25. Wave down 2 sets to zip. Gonna take a miraculous comeback.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:38 pm Iowa St wins 2nd set 30-25. Wave down 2 sets to zip. Gonna take a miraculous comeback.
Versus a team that, I think someone posted, hasn't lost a set in this tournament?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane fails to win a set. All Iowa St. 3 sets to zip.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Hard fought, second set was super close. A wonderful season despite coming up just sort.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:40 pm Hard fought, second set was super close. A wonderful season despite coming up just sort.
Yes. That 2nd set swung the match. I think losing that one really hurt. Had we won that one who knows?
#14 for Iowa St was the difference. We couldn’t stop her
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hate to see it end for them but congrats on a great season and very bright future.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:46 pm Hate to see it end for them but congrats on a great season and very bright future.
+1,000
localvb
High Tide

I’m up at the NCAA Final Four convention and haven’t had time to comment till now. Watched the Tulane game from Minni with other coaches online. Wish they could have finished off Iowa State in the 2nd set that went 30-28. It may have given the team a 2ns wind. They didn’t seem to have the edge they had been playing with. I’m sure the travel and taking finals was rough especially on the freshmen.

The coaches with me were blown away at how fast this team became this good.
So much respect across the VB world for what Coach Barnes and his Coaches accomplished. They have put Tulane on the map and won over many hearts.

Congratulations seniors on a heck of a run! 29 wins. 18-2 at home. #1 in the nations is Kills, Blocks, aces, digs, and assist. And a runner up in the NIVC.
Major respect!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

localvb wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 am I’m up at the NCAA Final Four convention and haven’t had time to comment till now. Watched the Tulane game from Minni with other coaches online. Wish they could have finished off Iowa State in the 2nd set that went 30-28. It may have given the team a 2ns wind. They didn’t seem to have the edge they had been playing with. I’m sure the travel and taking finals was rough especially on the freshmen.

The coaches with me were blown away at how fast this team became this good.
So much respect across the VB world for what Coach Barnes and his Coaches accomplished. They have put Tulane on the map and won over many hearts.

Congratulations seniors on a heck of a run! 29 wins. 18-2 at home. #1 in the nations is Kills, Blocks, aces, digs, and assist. And a runner up in the NIVC.
Major respect!
Localvb thanks for posting and educating us on vb and the Tulane team. Your enthusiasm & passion comes across in your messages and is contagious. Ignore the trolls that lurk on the message boards, you’re doing a great service for your sport and the university.
anEngineer
Riptide

This NIVC incarnation is only in it's second year, and both times, the home team won the championship (Ole Miss last year). The NIVC may not have the money now, but in order to maintain a legitimate tournament, being the home team can't guarantee a championship. The basketball NIT lets teams play games at home until the final four, then it's at MSG. For this young Tulane team, the experience of going deep into a tournament and facing that road pressure is probably more valuable than actually winning it. Going from here, I suspect we will not be worried about the NIVC because we will be regulars in the NCAA. Coach Barnes already has future recruiting classes in place; he is obviously an outstanding coach and a great hire.