Tulane vs ULL Cure Bowl

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

Where do you think Tulane football will go bowling in 2018?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:57 am

Cure Bowl, Dec. 15 (Orlando, Fla.)
32%
Boca Raton Bowl, Dec. 18 (Boca Raton, Fla.)
29%
Frisco Bowl, Dec. 19 (Frisco, Texas)
9%
Gasparilla Bowl, Dec. 20 (Tampa, Fla.)
3%
Armed Forces Bowl, Dec. 22 (Fort Worth, Texas)
15%
Birmingham Bowl, Dec. 22 (Birmingham, Ala.)
6%
Military Bowl, Dec. 31 (Annapolis, Md.)
6%

Total votes: 34
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Some of you guys are absolutely miserable. I am ecstatic to be going to Orlando for a fun vacation and to get some revenge on ULL.

There’s are a couple reasons so few people come on here and it’s not just the losing.

Also you really think Frisco mid week would draw significantly more people then Orlando on a weekend ? We’ll have to agree to disagree.

This is a step in the right direction for the program.

anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:24 pm Well tough shit. We're going to the Cure Bowl, and it's about as big an airline hub as there is in the world, so there's no excuse that it's hard to get to. If you have to put up with kids on the plane when your fly there, tough titty. This is about the most ridiculous conversation in this board's history.

We're playing in the Cure Bowl. Live with it.

And I'm not sure I'll make it, either. Tough luck. That's what FINALLY getting to 6-6 gets you. A not very attractive bowl bid. BFD.
Although the airport is big enough and nice enough, it's not currently very easy to get there from New Orleans. With 2 weeks notice and during the holidays, those flights are pretty booked with Mickey fans. To make it worse, many fans for both teams are trying to fly out of the same airport. It really is a pretty bad set of circumstances for anyone who wants to go out of New Orleans.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:02 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:24 pm Well tough shit. We're going to the Cure Bowl, and it's about as big an airline hub as there is in the world, so there's no excuse that it's hard to get to. If you have to put up with kids on the plane when your fly there, tough titty. This is about the most ridiculous conversation in this board's history.

And I'm not sure I'll make it, either. Tough luck. That's what FINALLY getting to 6-6 gets you. A not very attractive bowl bid. BFD.
Although the airport is big enough and nice enough, it's not currently very easy to get there from New Orleans. With 2 weeks notice and during the holidays, those flights are pretty booked with Mickey fans. To make it worse, many fans for both teams are trying to fly out of the same airport. It really is a pretty bad set of circumstances for anyone who wants to go out of New Orleans.
+1, I just checked Orbitz for flights arriving Friday the 14th and leaving Sunday the 16th and everything is almost completely booked, as in “only four seats left.”
Eaglewave
Swell

The way some of you continue to debate with this Cajun fan or other ULL folks just shows us how bad we are doing at Tulane.

I am excited to be headed to Orlando since we aren’t use to going places in the post season. WF is trying to move in the right direction, and staying home during the bowl season is what we have been doing for a long time. As someone has already posted, “let’s support these guys.”

It’s time to get revenge on ULL. Some of you who are turning your noses up at them need to realize that they beat us in the NOLA Bowl and have seen more Bowl Games than us in the past 10 years. We need to win this game!
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:57 pm The way some of you continue to debate with this Cajun fan or other ULL folks just shows us how bad we are doing at Tulane.

I am excited to be headed to Orlando since we aren’t use to going places in the post season. WF is trying to move in the right direction, and staying home during the bowl season is what we have been doing for a long time. As someone has already posted, “let’s support these guys.”

It’s time to get revenge on ULL. Some of you who are turning your noses up at them need to realize that they beat us in the NOLA Bowl and have seen more Bowl Games than us in the past 10 years. We need to win this game!
Yes, but the results in both the 2013 & 2011 NOLA Bowls were vacated due to ULALA NCAA rule infractions? :D
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Eaglewave and his self righteous indignation are truly laughable. U LA LA football has proven itself to be serial cheaters. I know Eaglewave thinks U LA LA football is wonderful but I for one have no respect for cheaters. That’s why U LA LA had to vacate all those games including the bowl game against Tulane. Pretty pathetic that U LA LA felt like they had to cheat when they play in the lowly Sun Belt conference.
And for the record I will be at the bowl game supporting and cheering on my Green Wave. Just because I don’t respect U LA LA doesn’t mean I’m not pumped up that Tulane is in a bowl game.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglewave
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:23 pm Eaglewave and his self righteous indignation are truly laughable. U LA LA football has proven itself to be serial cheaters. I know Eaglewave thinks U LA LA football is wonderful but I for one have no respect for cheaters. That’s why U LA LA had to vacate all those games including the bowl game against Tulane. Pretty pathetic that U LA LA felt like they had to cheat when they play in the lowly Sun Belt conference.
The way you and Wave choose to entertain them shows way they are still relevant to us.
Ball Sumrall!
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Most years U LA LA is not relevant to us in football. Except for two games scheduled with them far out in the future we do not play them that often. They are only relevant to us this year because we play them in a bowl game. U LA LA plays in the lowly Sunbelt Conference and we play in the much tougher AAC.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eaglewave
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:45 pm Most years U LA LA is not relevant to us in football. Except for two games scheduled with them far out in the future we do not play them that often. They are only relevant to us this year because we play them in a bowl game. U LA LA plays in the lowly Sunbelt Conference and we play in the much tougher American Athletic Conference.
Yes, our conference is tougher and I think we all know that, but our 6-6 record means absolutely nothing to a MAC, C-USA or Sunbelt program. At the end of the day, ULL is an opponent that can beat us. We must not let that happen.
Ball Sumrall!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Having beaten South Florida on their field Aresco should have us in the bowl South Florida is playing and South Florida stuck in the garbage cure bowl....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Garbage thread. Ya’ll need to be better.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm sure the airlines are overwhelmed with the 5,000 fans that are invading one of the busiest airports in the world! 10 days before Christmas TEN DAYS! GET REAL.

And oh by the way, the U-La-La Cajuns will not be the only team on the field on 12/15 that has vacated wins in their past. Stop looking down at them and thinking we're holier than thou. Your short memories may have forgotten that Tulane vacated a whole bunch of games in the 1985 season. Does Jon English ring a bell?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
MicMan
Swell

No TU fan charter for Orlando? Color me shocked.
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:05 am

I'm sure the airlines are overwhelmed with the 5,000 fans that are invading one of the busiest airports in the world! 10 days before Christmas TEN DAYS! GET REAL.

And oh by the way, the U-La-La Cajuns will not be the only team on the field on 12/15 that has vacated wins in their past. Stop looking down at them and thinking we're holier than thou. Your short memories may have forgotten that Tulane vacated a whole bunch of games in the 1985 season. Does Jon English ring a bell?
You really are a dislikeable person. Have you tried to book out of New Orleans to Orlando for the 15th? Of course not. Do you know that people go to Disney well before and after Christmas Day just to see the decorations? I guess you don't. It has NOTHING to do with the size of the airport, it's the limited number of flights. For the most part, I don't give a damned what you think about anything because you just want to be disagreeable and insulting. You have a student at UCF so you apparently feel you are an expert on Orlando and no one else knows anything about it. You sit up in Connecticut and lob grenades at the us who are actually here and really see it and live it.
dpm wave
Swell

R/T (Friday PM to Sunday AM) MSY to MCO (DIRECT) on Frontier Airlines is currently LESS THAN $200.

Somebody here likes FAKE NEWS.

Details ▼
$187
Frontier
8:09 pm-10:57 pm
1h 48m
MSY to MCO
--
6:00 am-6:57 am
1h 57m
MCO to MSY
--
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

dpm wave wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:33 am R/T (Friday PM to Sunday AM) MSY to MCO (DIRECT) on Frontier Airlines is currently LESS THAN $200.

Details ▼
$187
Frontier
1h 48m
MSY to MCO
--
1h 57m
MCO to MSY
--
does the above include baggage fees, breathable air while in flight, seats with seat belts ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

dpm wave wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:33 am R/T (Friday PM to Sunday AM) MSY to MCO (DIRECT) on Frontier Airlines is currently LESS THAN $200.

Details ▼
$187
Frontier
1h 48m
MSY to MCO
--
1h 57m
MCO to MSY
--
That's the cost of the flight. You have to pay extra for luggage including a carry-on. They list the carry-on as another $40-$60 each way, depending on what it is. Also, I don't know how many people want to get to the aiport at 4AM so they can get on a plane for 6AM. You can only go for $187 with the clothes on your back. If you consider that to be fake, whatever. That's what it is.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

You have to hand it to some of the message board Tulane fans in their ability to find negativity in every positive moment.

First it was they were sold out, now it’s that the flights arent at your preferred time ? What’s next ? You’re allergic to the material of the airline seat ? I agree with the poster above that said this is a garbage thread. If you can’t make it or don’t want to make it - that’s fine. Just stop raining on everyone else’s parade and grasping at excuses.
dpm wave
Swell

For Christ's sake, you're going for 2 days. Do you need more than two pairs of shorts, 2 T-shirts, 2 underwear, socks and toiletries? A small carry-on is all I would need. If you're that high maintenance then we're not going out any more.

You can check a bag for $30. That's $60 more.
R/T with bags is $250.
You complain about that, then you'll complain about free beer because it's Pabst.
I like free Pabst.
Last edited by dpm wave on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Cheapest flight was Spirit non-stop round trip $61 Leave Friday night return Sunday morning.
It’s all booked now.
I fly Spirit a lot. Just pack light one personal item is free.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:26 pm Cheapest flight was Spirit non-stop round trip $61 Leave Friday night return Sunday morning.
But, but, but..............

The Spirit gate is too far down the concourse.............
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:26 pm Cheapest flight was Spirit non-stop round trip $61 Leave Friday night return Sunday morning.
But, but, but..............

The Spirit gate is too far down the concourse.............
:mrgreen:
No snacks served. :oops:
Now all bets off if you’re taking a family. The baggage charge is expensive.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

dpm wave wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:20 pm I like free Pabst.
I've lost all respect for dpmwave.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:36 pm
dpm wave wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:20 pm I like free Pabst.
I've lost all respect for dpmwave.
:lol:
Tulane Class of 1981