Memphis does it’s part-TU CHOKES Again

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:45 pm 99% of the schools in the country never have and never will have UCF results. Get real. We've had more undefeated seasons than probably 75% of schools in the country. I didn't say we couldn't win immediately with a different coach. We've proven that in the past. We've also proven that success can be fleeting when not done properly. ECU went to 8 bowls in 9 years. Now they're one game away from their 4th consecutive 3 win season. Tulsa went to 7 bowls in 9 seasons in C-USA. Since they've joined the American this will be their 4th losing season in 5 years. I don't want that. I want this season to be the beginning of a string of winning seasons and bowl appearances, not just a one-off.

Maybe its just I'm old to enough to know that lasting success doesn't happen overnight. I guess a lot of the younger generations are too impatient for that.
Just because were losing doesn't mean we are setting a foundation for winning. The same issues have been here for three years under this staff. The offense is unproductive. We commit too many stupid penalties and we lack discipline.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:52 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:39 pm Look at what Cincy's coach did in two years.
Tuberville didn't leave the cupboard bare the way CJ did. Cincinnati went to 9 bowl games in 10 years, and got P5 type money for years in the Big East. They had ONE bad season (4-8), and fired Tuberville. Then they brought in a native with recruiting ties throughout Ohio. A good portion of their team has been to two bowl games. Take a look at their recruiting the last two years.

Its easy to look at situations in a vacuum. Each situation is unique. We're not Cincinnati, we have different challenges. I 1000% agree there's no excuse for how historically bad we've been. That's 100% on Tulane. There's no reason Tulane can't have a sustained run of success. But to think its as easy to build that kind of program here as it is at a Cincinnati or a UCF is not being honest with yourself.
No one complained about Cj's recruiting when he was here. Their team stunk last year. This year they made a huge jump. That's what you should see in year two. The team knows the system. the coaches know the players. The players know the coaches. They instilled the discipline necessary to overcome the talent deficits. We're in year three and look lost. The coach having to constantly talk about the stupid penalties and poor tackling. That's a tired act.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:03 pm Just so everyone understands, I'm NOT looking for the quick fix like we've had in the past. I'm tired of that. Seasons like 2013, 2002, even 1997-98 were fool's gold, not built on a foundation designed for continued success. I'd rather it take a year or two longer, but actually be a solid enough program that we can be the fans discussing WHERE we'll go bowling every year, rather than IF we'll go bowling at all. And I still believe Fritz is achieving that.
97-98 were built for future success till Sam Scelfo stepped in and screwed everything up by convincing SC to hire Chris instead of Rich Rod.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:01 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:35 am
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:50 am Memphis takes down SMU. The title shot was there for the taking and good ole Willie Boy DID NOT HAVE HIS TEAM READY TO PLAY!! Lousy job of preparation and play calling . Underachievement is the name of this season.

Oh, I understand that Willie Boy took his team BOWLING (no pun intended) on game day!! Really? Should you take a team to do any physical activity that could possibly result in a pulled muscle, sore muscles or God forbid some other fluke injury. One would question this decision....Kind of a dumb move if you ask me! What about a movie !!!
At least Willie and the Boys can now check the “We Went Bowling” box for 2018.
What are you smoking? We haven't become bowl eligible yet.
Put down your crack pipe D, and read the whole string—then maybe you can figure it out. Maybe.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:16 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:01 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:35 am
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:50 am Memphis takes down SMU. The title shot was there for the taking and good ole Willie Boy DID NOT HAVE HIS TEAM READY TO PLAY!! Lousy job of preparation and play calling . Underachievement is the name of this season.

Oh, I understand that Willie Boy took his team BOWLING (no pun intended) on game day!! Really? Should you take a team to do any physical activity that could possibly result in a pulled muscle, sore muscles or God forbid some other fluke injury. One would question this decision....Kind of a dumb move if you ask me! What about a movie !!!
At least Willie and the Boys can now check the “We Went Bowling” box for 2018.
What are you smoking? We haven't become bowl eligible yet.
Put down your crack pipe D, and read the whole string—then maybe you can figure it out. Maybe.
Yeah, you right. It was an overreaction to a humorous post that I missed the humor.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
sader24
Tsunami

I would be a lot happier with a 6 win 3rd season if the style and execution offensively was different. Let’s be honest sometimes this offense and style of play is downright awful to watch and the playcalling many times makes me want to stop going to the games. Winning is most important, but does it have to be this ugly?