Wave Wallops USF 41-15

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

The D is firing on all cylinders! Finally getting some help from the offense early in the game!

Ruski
Swell

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't really kept up after the UAB debacle) but the kicking and return game seem lightyears from where we were a couple years ago, actually feel somewhat confident in our ST.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tip of the hat to everyone who saw this coming. I sure didn’t.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:48 pm 24-3 Tulane, with 5 minutes left in the first half. Who saw this coming?
Certainly not me!

I didn't know you could call two timeouts without running a play.

27-3 at the half. Our best half on the road under Fritz.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Dauphine unveils a “Beast Mode”.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
oliveandblue
Surge

...did we start the wrong QB in week 1? Man, this is going to be one of those "what if" 5-7 seasons where we are so close yet again.
Houma de Wave
Swell

oliveandblue wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:51 pm If we lose this game, it will feel worse than getting smoked by 40. I hope we can continue the game plan in the 2nd half.
The defense is playing well...have a little confidence for a change.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I thought this game was winnable, I didn’t expect us to dominate. As Tulane fans, we all know there is still a second half—but USF is in shock.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:03 pm Dauphine unveils a “Beast Mode”.
He and Bradwell form a pretty damned good 1-2 punch. And McMillan keeps the D honest by stealing yards when they're focused on those two. If he could reel in that arm of his and make the D pay, we'd be very tough offensively, despite the O-line. We'd be very lucky to have a QB that could be 14-20 for 175 and 1.5 TD's most weeks. I really thought Banks gave us that. But the team is clearly playing well with McMillan at the helm, despite his poor throws.

And no, we COULD NOT POSSIBLY start McMillan week one, 4 days after he got to Tulane, 2 practices into his Tulane career.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Houma de Wave
Swell

oliveandblue wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:04 pm ...did we start the wrong QB in week 1? Man, this is going to be one of those "what if" 5-7 seasons where we are so close yet again.
And thanks for the already 5-7 season prediction. Get positive for once.
oliveandblue
Surge

Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:08 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:04 pm ...did we start the wrong QB in week 1? Man, this is going to be one of those "what if" 5-7 seasons where we are so close yet again.
And thanks for Theresa already 5-7 season prediction. Get positive for once.
I think we beat ECU at home and then drop the UH game to set up...

...a spooky game vs. a down Navy. Tulane absolutely can win that game, but I fear the worst.

I honestly think the biggest takeaway from this late season improvement is that the Fritz offense CAN win games if we actually get the right QB and a few extra OL pieces.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The USF linebackers have gone AWOL. If our RBs can get past the line of scrimmage, it’s open field.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Ruski wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:58 pm Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't really kept up after the UAB debacle) but the kicking and return game seem lightyears from where we were a couple years ago, actually feel somewhat confident in our ST.
You’re on it, Ruski. Amare Jones set us up several times, once when we did not convert. Wright has hot 2 average punts, but he’s good. Zach Block kicks off just fine and our coverage has been great. Glover’s first kick was blocked. He’s given us 9 points (2FG, 3PAT’s)
GreenLantern
Riptide

Man it's great being a Tulane fan. (today)

Haven't had a game like this since the Tulsa hurricane day.

Michael Jackson wrote: 'Don't stop till you get enough'.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Both Dauphine and McM averaging over 9 yds per carry..
oliveandblue
Surge

I actually like how the defense has actually contested intermediate routes. The USF QB wants to run, and his early passing struggles are causing him to run when he shouldn't.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Biggest stat of the first half: USF is 0-6 on 3rd downs.

And we have 207 yards rushing in the first half, 110 by Dauphine.. I'd just keep pounding it in the second half.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:48 pm 24-3 Tulane, with 5 minutes left in the first half. Who saw this coming?
Hello. I said we need to build that lead before the 4th quarter. Job well done so far.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:14 pm Man it's great being a Tulane fan. (today)

Haven't had a game like this since the Tulsa hurricane day.

Michael Jackson wrote: 'Don't stop till you get enough'.
These kind of days come along just enough to keep us all hooked.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just remember, we have a full half to play, and USF can score quickly.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:58 pm Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't really kept up after the UAB debacle) but the kicking and return game seem lightyears from where we were a couple years ago, actually feel somewhat confident in our ST.
The staff finally realized Jones is a damn good returner. I said that when we signed him that he could be our answer to our return woes.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:01 pm
Certainly not me!

I didn't know you could call two timeouts without running a play.

27-3 at the half. Our best half on the road under Fritz.
I didn't think you could either till the SMU game when they called three in a row to ice our kicker.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave 27, Bulls 3 @ half!!!

Roll Wave Roll!!!!!!!!!
Ruski
Swell

Plays like McMillan missing Encalade to start the day makes me feel bad for WF and staff. Then I remember we went into this all important season with Banks and no-one else at QB..... :x

Any decent option QB/coaching staff gets wins vs Wake and UAB.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nope. In fact Banks gave us a chance that night with his scrambles that led to long TD passes. Plus as D noted he'd been here less than a week. The most important change has been feeding Dauphine and giving the bulk of the carries to Dauphine and Bradwell. We also changed both tackles last week. Then they finally started using Jones in the return game who's been providing us good field position., Plus at that point the staff was playing not to lose instead of being aggressive like now. A lot to it.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.