2018-2019 Pre-Season Basketball Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Anyone know if we have a void in the Athletics Communications department? None of the Freshman on the roster have bios posted, and most of the bios seem to only go through the first 9 games of last season. Does that reflect how much the Athletics Dept cares about basketball? Weak, very weak.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sports Illustrated Preseason MBB rankings:
Tulane ranked # 189
below Liberty College.
Weak league projected.
No AAC team ranked in the Top 30.
https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... e-kentucky
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:29 am Sports Illustrated Preseason MBB rankings:
Tulane ranked # 189
below Liberty College.
Weak league projected.
No AAC team ranked in the Top 30.
https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... e-kentucky
one can only hope Tulane does not have a "Flame out".......but then again ole Liverty does have Jerry Falwell, ND has the Pope...SC has Trojan Prophylactics,.... who the hell does Tulane have....his lordship Scotty C looking over everyone's shoulder and takin' names
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thursday Preseason Exhibition game vs Loyola. Ray Embo out with injury.
https://www.nola.com/tulane/2018/10/tul ... oyola.html
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's going to be interesting to see Samis "Bat Shit Crazy" playing for them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave pulls away late wins 85-74 in exhibition game over Wolfpack.

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not awe inspiring to say the least. We got off to a good start. Barrett, Daniels , Zhang Sehic and Koka started. We were hot and Loyola wasn't. The freshman scored early. They got a lot of minutes on the floor together. Loyola then came back. The freshman look to have nice shots when left open. It's always hard to judge when playing an NAIA team. Their ball handling, defense and rebounding are TBD.

When it was all said and done Paul was the best option of the big men. Koka and Ajang are still just projects. Despite his wingspan they just took advantage of Koka. Loyola was able to take it to us down low for most of the night. Sehic should have had a lot more points. At the end Daniels just took over.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 pm Wave pulls away late wins 85-74 in exhibition game over Wolfpack.

That's pathetic. We're going to suck again this year.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:49 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 pm Wave pulls away late wins 85-74 in exhibition game over Wolfpack.

That's pathetic. We're going to suck again this year.
Yes we will. But the dumb down schedule this season may fool those that may not know any better. Outside of Daniels we don’t have any talent. We’re going to get crushed in the AAC even though the league may only get one or 2 bids this year. Maybe baseball can surprise, basketball sure doesn’t look like it will.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I attended last night's game and I can't say as I left with a strong opinion about the team. With the caveat that this was an exhibition game, and I am not gifted as a basketball technician, here are a couple of rambling thoughts:
  • The past few seasons, the season tickets have been printed up in a well-produced magazine-like document featuring player pictures and including general information about the program. This year, the tickets were loosely inserted into a letter-sized envelope. They looked as if they had been printed on your Aunt Bee's ancient dot matrix printer. Not a very polished offering. At least there was no line to claim the tickets which had not been mailed.
  • Concerning the Tulane 'twin towers', Koka saw a bit more play than Ajang. Neither appeared to have made significant improvements in their game from last season.
  • I liked what I saw of Crabtree, Wood and Zhang. All three made at least one three-pointer and all looked as if they were several games removed from being a major contributor. Zhang appears to be the most athletic and physical.
  • Sammy Reyes continued to make a number of fouls, miss open shots, and maintain a bull-in-china-shop playing style. The good news is, he was displaying those qualities while playing for another team. He started the game for Loyola.
  • A number of folks commented on how improved Loyola was from prior years. Their fans certainly outnumbered ours and were much more vocal. Good for them.
  • Cornish never got on the floor. Guess he was dinged up. Neither did Ray Ona Embo but that had been widely discussed earlier in the week.
  • Barret's play was a bit disappointing. From what I had read, he has the potential to be a major contributor to the team but I saw none of that last night.
  • Caleb Daniels was everywhere and will be our best player. Similar to last year, he has a tendency to get into foul trouble quickly.
Even though the wise guys are writing about a weaker American Conference this basketball season, I saw nothing last night to make me think that our record will be improved. We should know more after FSU comes to town. That will be a fun game and Devlin should be rockin'.
swampnik
Surge

Did guards Walker and Gallic get to see any court time against the Wolfpack and if so, how did they look?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
GreenLantern
Riptide

swampnik wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:29 am Did guards Walker and Gallic get to see any court time against the Wolfpack and if so, how did they look?
Don't remember seeing either of them in the game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:29 am Did guards Walker and Gallic get to see any court time against the Wolfpack and if so, how did they look?
Walker has to sit this year out. Galic didn't play.