Tulsa Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Tulsa has had our number for quite a while now. I think it'll stay close for 1.5 quarters, then Tulane will really mail it in.

Tulsa 42
Tulane 14

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I had this as a loss in my preseason prediction so I’ll stay with that.
Tulsa 31
Tulane 27
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Road game + An opponent who has generally owned us over the past 10 years = Total Meltdown

Tulsa 45
Tulane 13 (Defense scores at least 6 points)

P.S. Unlike our whimpy response to SMU, Tulsa's revenge for last year will motivate them--no mercy.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Show Me
Tsunami

Strange timing to sit Banks. Last year against Tulsa he QB’d us to 65pts and the best offensive output in the WillieFritz error. McMillan not the answer.
Tulsa 35
Tulane 16
Wavetrader
Low Tide

I'll be irrationally optimistic this week after the Banks hero show in the 2nd Half against SMU. Tulsa's light pass rush and McMillians quick release allow him to outperform his previous showing in the Cincy game. Tulane wins 31 to 21. on the road.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
GreenLantern
Riptide

C'mon man, none of us can possibly have a clue who's gonna show up for Tulane this week. Should change the name of this thread to the "Tulsa Score WAG Thread".

I predict a 3-3 tie with the game cancelled in OT because of lightning.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:58 pm C'mon man, none of us can possibly have a clue who's gonna show up for Tulane this week. Should change the name of this thread to the "Tulsa Score WAG Thread".

I predict a 3-3 tie with the game cancelled in OT because of lightning.
That would be one of our better showings this year.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play another really bad team this week. They have one win and it's against an FCS team. They can't stop the run. They can't rush the passer. They have 7 sacks. They can't protect the passer. They've given up 28 sacks. The QB they have started the past three games is completing 35% of his passes. They turn it over a lot. The defense should get a couple of scores here.

Tulane 35
Tulsa 14
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:18 pm We play another really bad team this week. They have one win and it's against an FCS team. They can't stop the run. They can't rush the passer. They have 7 sacks. They can't protect the passer. They've given up 28 sacks. The QB they have started the past three games is completing 35% of his passes. They turn it over a lot. The defense should get a couple of scores here.

Tulane 35
Tulsa 14
Exactly the kind of opponent that Willie and the boys should but can’t beat—plus it’s a road game.
Dave breslin
Swell

Unfortunately I think it’s another “Road Kill” Willie week. Get the ky out because Tulsa has revenge on their minds. I predict Tul 24/Tul 14. You pick it. I really don’t care
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:28 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:18 pm We play another really bad team this week. They have one win and it's against an FCS team. They can't stop the run. They can't rush the passer. They have 7 sacks. They can't protect the passer. They've given up 28 sacks. The QB they have started the past three games is completing 35% of his passes. They turn it over a lot. The defense should get a couple of scores here.

Tulane 35
Tulsa 14
Exactly the kind of opponent that Willie and the boys should but can’t beat—plus it’s a road game.
That's certainly been the history. No argument there. But let's be honest all of us are hoping and praying that this is the time we flip the script. The life of a Tulane fan.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Tulane 31, Tulsa 23.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Livin' on Tulsa Time 48
Willie, (not Nelson ) 10

Willie needs to thank his ill advised extension to keep him employed for next season, if he makes zero staff changes, especially on the O side of the ball, there will be less than 1,000 per game in actual attendance...I will no longer be buying Season Tickets, especially since this Season's tickets, have yet to arrive...the unprofessionalism at Tulane, is sumthin' to behold
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

I like the advertisement in this thread. An Alabama Roll Tide cruise! I wonder where it goes? Maybe down the Chatahoochie River? We have a cruise down poop creek
GreenLantern
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:55 am I like the advertisement in this thread. An Alabama Roll Tide cruise! I wonder where it goes? Maybe down the Chatahoochie River? We have a cruise down poop creek
with no paddles...
Wavetime
Swell

I think we are better and I think the team is still playing for CWF. We get a spark with McMillan. Tulane 31. Tulsa 23
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I have no idea what to expect. I don't think the team is as bad as the record, and should have won at least one or two that are in the L column. But this team doesn't know how to win.

Either does Tulsa, but they've circled this one on the calendar. Still, I'm going with my heart:

Tulane 34
Tulsa 24

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Houma de Wave
Swell

With all the doom’n’ gloom predicted in this thread, it should be pointed out that winwave, DfromCT and I broke through all of that negativity to boldly post that Tulane would beat Tulsa on the road. Nm
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:49 am With all the doom’n’ gloom predicted in this thread, it should be pointed out that winwave, DfromCT and I broke through all of that negativity to boldly post that Tulane would beat Tulsa on the road. Nm
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:02 pm Strange timing to sit Banks. Last year against Tulsa he QB’d us to 65pts and the best offensive output in the WillieFritz error. McMillan not the answer.
Tulsa 35
Tulane 16
Bump.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:42 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:02 pm Strange timing to sit Banks. Last year against Tulsa he QB’d us to 65pts and the best offensive output in the WillieFritz error. McMillan not the answer.
Tulsa 35
Tulane 16
Bump.
Well I’m glad to be wrong. Funny you’d bump that since you’re Banks biggest defender.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Tulsa with 461 rushing yards tonight vs UConn, with 12 minutes still left in the game. Almost 10yds per carry.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm
Tulsa 35
Tulane 16
Bump.
Well I’m glad to be wrong. Funny you’d bump that since you’re Banks biggest defender.
Not his biggest defender. Just pointing out he's not THE problem.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:02 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:55 pm
Tulsa 35
Tulane 16
Bump.
Not his biggest defender. Just pointing out he's not THE problem.
Not now anyway.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not ever.