Wave wins 24-17

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
dz1
Ripple

The big difference was McMillan did not have the negative plays. He was not sacked and did not have a turnover. This offensive scheme simply cannot deal with long yardage situations. Play calling is way too conservative. It’s like first and second down philosophy is only to get to third and short. McMillan has a strong enough arm to run deeper stop patterns on the sidelines but every out pattern appears to be 5 yards. Coaches are so stuck on this style of offense they have no vision on how to utilize a player’s skill set. Defensively its the opposite. They are way too aggressive. The defensive backs are not skilled enough to handle the coverage schemes. Blitzing too often in third and long when they just need to keep everything in front of them. Linebackers and safeties never seam to be on the same page as to who covers the RB or TE. Simply not enough attention to the details in all aspects. Both coordinators need to be replaced but I do not think that will happen.

GreenLantern
Riptide

HoustonWave commented that Banks was on the sideline with no pads. Anyone else notice this and if so, what's up with that?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:41 am HoustonWave commented that Banks was on the sideline with no pads. Anyone else notice this and if so, what's up with that?
Fritz said he was injured.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

One of the most important things that happened last night was the staff following through on getting Dauphine the ball more. Hopefully they stick with that.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:28 am
DfromCT wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:21 am
winwave wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:01 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 pm Again, another "balanced attack" leads to a win. Almost identical to our other AAC win with a 70-30 run/pass ratio.. I understand why we didn't pass that often tonight, and this was a very weak opponent, compared to some of our 1 score losses. But a win is a win is a win. It was an ugly win, no doubt. But it was a road win, which are few and far between for our Wave. Turn the page,, we're at USF next week.

ROLL WAVE!
His obsession continues. Against Memphis we RAN THE BALL 17 STRAIGHT TIMES TO END THE GAME. More importantly we started out with some passes to the backs and threw to the TE. Loosened up the D . Plus in the stats the times Banks dropped back to pass and then had to take off running goes in the run column. Get over it you were wrong again. As for tonight this was a game you should run since they can't stop it. Yet you called for a QB change and clearly know that was one bad team beating a worse team. Yep that run dominant offense has led us to so much success under this staff. :roll: Glad I got that restraining order.

We won. Let people enjoy it.
Stats don't lie, winwave does. And he who criticized others this past week for being God-like comes back with his own (mis)judgment.
Stats are for losers. WE RAN THE BALL 17 STRAIGHT TIMES TO END THAT GAME. DEAL WITH IT.

Obey the restraining order.
I laugh my fat ass off at your ridiculous replies. Call the cops, I broke the restraining order and am coming to kick your dumb ass!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:06 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 pm Again, another "balanced attack" leads to a win. Almost identical to our other AAC win with a 70-30 run/pass ratio.. I understand why we didn't pass that often tonight, and this was a very weak opponent, compared to some of our 1 score losses. But a win is a win is a win. It was an ugly win, no doubt. But it was a road win, which are few and far between for our Wave. Turn the page,, we're at USF next week.

ROLL WAVE!
His obsession continues. Against Memphis we RAN THE BALL 17 STRAIGHT TIMES TO END THE GAME. More importantly we started out with some passes to the backs and threw to the TE. Loosened up the D . Plus in the stats the times Banks dropped back to pass and then had to take off running goes in the run column. Get over it you were wrong again. As for tonight this was a game you should run since they can't stop it. Yet you called for a QB change and clearly know that was one bad team beating a worse team. Yep that run dominant offense has led us to so much success under this staff. :roll: Glad I got that restraining order.

Stats don't lie, winwave does. And he who criticized others this past week for being God-like comes back with his own (mis)judgment.
Stats are for losers. WE RAN THE BALL 17 STRAIGHT TIMES TO END THAT GAME. DEAL WITH IT.

I laugh my fat ass off at your ridiculous replies. Call the cops, I broke the restraining order and am coming to kick your dumb ass!
He's off his meds agains folks.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Do we know if Fritz crowd surfed after the game? What a bunch of losers crowd surfing after beating Nicholls State and Tulsa. Any halfway descent Division One football team would be laughing their asses off at this team.
msdos
Swell

Check the last few seconds

I was being facetious I didn’t think that stupid asshole would actually crowd surf after barely beating a team with no FBS wins
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

msdos wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:07 pm Check the last few seconds

I was being facetious I didn’t think that stupid asshole would actually crowd surf after barely beating a team with no FBS wins
He and TD did share a sideline " I love U ' hug as the last seconds went off the clock
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:42 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:06 pm

ROLL WAVE!

He's off his meds agains folks.
Somenody is being "serious" so I will not be calling them "Shirley'
dpm wave
Swell

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:42 pm He's off his meds agains folks.
This coming from the guy whom earlier this week asked another poster "when did God die and make you in charge of being the ultimate judge." LMFAO again, winwave, you're killing me with hypocricy (and I'm sorry if you don't know the meaning of that big word, look it up!). Killing me!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:49 am One of the most important things that happened last night was the staff following through on getting Dauphine the ball more. Hopefully they stick with that.
Quite true. Although it looked like at least half, or more, of Dauphine’s carries were between the tackles. Does Fritz et al have no outside running plays or any ways to get Dauphine out of traffic?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:28 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:49 am One of the most important things that happened last night was the staff following through on getting Dauphine the ball more. Hopefully they stick with that.
Quite true. Although it looked like at least half, or more, of Dauphine’s carries were between the tackles. Does Fritz et al have no outside running plays or any ways to get Dauphine out of traffic?
Getting the ball to Dauphine in open space should be a priority. He's proven that if he has room, he can make big things happen and make people miss. In traffic, he's just another RB. I would like to see them run the quick pitch away from the flow that they ran early in the year (against Wake??) pitching to Encalade to the right when the flow of the line and motion was going left. Actually, I wonder why we haven't seen that play again, period?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:28 pm
No doubt we'd all like to see him used on the perimeter more. However the more he touches it increases his opportunities to show that blazing speed. At least it's something to look forward to.
Dave breslin
Swell

Wow. We have fans that see more than our high school coaches. Get Dauphine to the edge!!!! Great weekend. The Wave won —-the Saints won —-and those pussies from up river did not win.!!! Not that I’m pulling for the other rednecks next weekend—-but....
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

While I'm definitely happy we won, this just wasn't a good game for either team overall.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:26 am While I'm definitely happy we won, this just wasn't a good game for either team overall.
No question it was two bad football teams. One of them had to win. Thankfully it was us.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:03 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:26 am While I'm definitely happy we won, this just wasn't a good game for either team overall.
No question it was two bad football teams. One of them had to win. Thankfully it was us.
I'll take whatever I can get. I've already re-appropriated my "bowl budget" (airfare, hotel, time off) but maybe there's hope? I'm not sure what kind of disaster awaits us for USF, but I have a feeling it ain't going to be pretty. I'm still not convinced we can win on the road against a quality opponent. I agree with Win that past weekend was the battle of the baddies and the lesser of the bad prevailed. I just looked on NCAA stats and we are 103/128 FBS teams on passing defense, but we are ranked 86/128 on total defense. Needless to say, we are very vulnerable to a competent passing game.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs ... eam/695/p3