Wave wins 24-17

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
msdos
Swell

“We beat a team with no FBS wins. Time to fucking crowd surf, baby!” -Willie Fritz, probably

Houma de Wave
Swell

I need more punting tips—what was that all about? And then the son “banana kicks’ it for 23 yards. We won. I’m happy. No big news here, but: In our 3 wins, Dauphinehad big games and got more than just a handful of touches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Again, another "balanced attack" leads to a win. Almost identical to our other AAC win with a 70-30 run/pass ratio.. I understand why we didn't pass that often tonight, and this was a very weak opponent, compared to some of our 1 score losses. But a win is a win is a win. It was an ugly win, no doubt. But it was a road win, which are few and far between for our Wave. Turn the page,, we're at USF next week.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Banks the problem all along. McMillan the answer 1-0.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:24 pm Banks the problem all along. McMillan the answer 1-0.
Way over simplification. Weakest opponent of the year might have something to do with the outcome. Neither team knows how to close out a game. We could have easily lost this game.

But it was a good showing by McMillan. I just am not sold that we wouldn't have won with Banks, who hung 62 on Tulsa last year, at the helm.
RobertM320
Green Wave

msdos wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:12 pm “We beat a team with no FBS wins. Time to fucking crowd surf, baby!” -Willie Fritz, probably
Everyone seems to have short memories I realize we're still only 3-5, and that what truly matters is wins and losses. But lets take another look at this season, and compare it to 2015, just 3 short seasons ago.

We're 3-5, with one win against an FCS school, and one against a team with no FBS wins. But of the five losses, three were by one score or less. We could very easily be 6-2.

Now compare that to 2015,
3-9
one win against an FBS school
one win against a winless UCF team
and SIX losses by 28 or more points
in 7 of our 9 losses we scored 14 points or LESS.

Makes you realize just how far down we were when Fritz took over. Our 2015 team would have probably been a bad FCS team.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:27 pm
Show Me wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:24 pm Banks the problem all along. McMillan the answer 1-0.
Way over simplification. Weakest opponent of the year might have something to do with the outcome. Neither team knows how to close out a game. We could have easily lost this game.

But it was a good showing by McMillan. I just am not sold that we wouldn't have won with Banks, who hung 62 on Tulsa last year, at the helm.
Still not happy with some of the coaching decisions. Not so much the run/pass mix, but when. I disagreed with not kicking the FG on our very first possession. You knew this game would be close, you can't leave points on the field. And late in the game, we were moving the ball on the ground, we get to 3rd and 4 around their 35, and we pass twice.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:08 pm We are an absolutely terrible team.
We really are. Just putrid. Fortunately so was Tulsa.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 pm Again, another "balanced attack" leads to a win. Almost identical to our other AAC win with a 70-30 run/pass ratio.. I understand why we didn't pass that often tonight, and this was a very weak opponent, compared to some of our 1 score losses. But a win is a win is a win. It was an ugly win, no doubt. But it was a road win, which are few and far between for our Wave. Turn the page,, we're at USF next week.

ROLL WAVE!
His obsession continues. Against Memphis we RAN THE BALL 17 STRAIGHT TIMES TO END THE GAME. More importantly we started out with some passes to the backs and threw to the TE. Loosened up the D . Plus in the stats the times Banks dropped back to pass and then had to take off running goes in the run column. Get over it you were wrong again. As for tonight this was a game you should run since they can't stop it. Yet you called for a QB change and clearly know that was one bad team beating a worse team. Yep that run dominant offense has led us to so much success under this staff. :roll: Glad I got that restraining order.

We won. Let people enjoy it.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:56 pm No chance of that happening. ZERO. Yeah, I get how you feel, but remember, this is Tulane. We've got Fritz for at least another year.
True—at least another year. And I bet Fritz won’t fire Ruse or any other assistant—this group of coaches dare I say have been “locked at the hip” for years. It’s a regular Brotherhood Of The Bell situation. In addition to no discipline, stupid penalties, and off-the-charts bad play calling, can the coaches please teach McMillan to quit throwing 5 yard passes at 100 mph?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:47 pm 3rd and 4, we're pounding the ball on the ground, and Fritz calls two passes.
Very Buddy Teevens-like. Buddy was a master of stopping whatever was working for us.
posse
High Tide

Disappointed Fritz doesn't run more option with Dauphine. I believe he has 3 or 4 long runs for touchdowns when he gets to the outside...He keeps running him up the middle. Don't understand his reluctance to run the option.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:40 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Still not happy with some of the coaching decisions. Not so much the run/pass mix, but when. I disagreed with not kicking the FG on our very first possession. You knew this game would be close, you can't leave points on the field. And late in the game, we were moving the ball on the ground, we get to 3rd and 4 around their 35, and we pass twice.
Ditto. Our play calling was awful again—beyond understanding. Does anyone know why Banks wasn’t wearing pads on the sideline?
Wave755
Tsunami

This is our 4th road win of the WF era.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:38 pm This is our 4th road win of the WF era.
A little better than 1 road win per year.
That’s not going to cut it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:39 pm
Wave755 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:38 pm This is our 4th road win of the WF era.
A little better than 1 road win per year.
That’s not going to cut it.
Oh well, we have now beaten Tulsa 2 years in a row. When we beat Tulsa in 2013 under CJ it was for our first time since 1968.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:01 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:23 pm Again, another "balanced attack" leads to a win. Almost identical to our other AAC win with a 70-30 run/pass ratio.. I understand why we didn't pass that often tonight, and this was a very weak opponent, compared to some of our 1 score losses. But a win is a win is a win. It was an ugly win, no doubt. But it was a road win, which are few and far between for our Wave. Turn the page,, we're at USF next week.

ROLL WAVE!
His obsession continues. Against Memphis we RAN THE BALL 17 STRAIGHT TIMES TO END THE GAME. More importantly we started out with some passes to the backs and threw to the TE. Loosened up the D . Plus in the stats the times Banks dropped back to pass and then had to take off running goes in the run column. Get over it you were wrong again. As for tonight this was a game you should run since they can't stop it. Yet you called for a QB change and clearly know that was one bad team beating a worse team. Yep that run dominant offense has led us to so much success under this staff. :roll: Glad I got that restraining order.

Stats don't lie, winwave does. And he who criticized others this past week for being God-like comes back with his own (mis)judgment.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Very ugly and boring for sure but at least we are the better of two really inept teams if that is worth something. I will take the win however!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Show Me
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:54 am Very ugly and boring for sure but at least we are the better of two really inept teams if that is worth something. I will take the win however!
No question. Tulsa probably the only team on the schedule that we could have beaten yesterday. One observation. McMillan is a more effective runner than Banks is because he’s less likely to run. So when he keeps it he makes some nice gains. And he throws a much more accurate pass than Banks. Too bad USF lost yesterday because they will be looking to take it out on us now. I can’t see us winning two straight on the road. We’ll probably be at least a 14pt underdog.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Ruski
Swell

Is this team good enough to beat ECU at Yulamn? Probably yes.

Is this team good enough to win @USF && Navy@Yulman? Haha.

4/5 wins again... and 3 one score L's! :barf:
Dave breslin
Swell

Thanks Willie for the win. It was such an exciting game !!!?But like Big Shtick-I’ll take it. Your moniker of Road Kill Willie is temporarily changed to Slightly Hurt and Scared By Cripple Willie. Why isn’t Dauphine getting to the edge more than inside plays? Good D line by young players. Now-go beat USF!!!
galvezwave
Swell

Just read the newspaper article on the game . McMillan didn’t take 1 sack. That’s a pretty significant stat.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:21 am
winwave wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:01 pm

ROLL WAVE!

Stats don't lie, winwave does. And he who criticized others this past week for being God-like comes back with his own (mis)judgment.
Stats are for losers. WE RAN THE BALL 17 STRAIGHT TIMES TO END THAT GAME. DEAL WITH IT.

Obey the restraining order.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:10 am Just read the newspaper article on the game . McMillan didn’t take 1 sack. That’s a pretty significant stat.
They came into the game with 7 sacks on the season.