Tulane coach burnout

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

It has happened by the third year of every coach since Bowden. They take the job because of the money but without the real knowledge of just how challenging the job is due to lack of respectful the program, no fan base, the education challenges in recruiting. Etc.
By the third year they realize what they’ve gotten themselves into and pretty much try hard to get that first extension knowing their chances of succeeding are nil. Their effort then falls off dramatically.

Dave breslin
Swell

Does anyone have the video from last week of Fritz’s interview? The one where he seems dejected coaching now
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:29 pm Does anyone have the video from last week of Fritz’s interview? The one where he seems dejected coaching now
It might still be on the Official Site of Tulane Athletics—they archive many of the press conferences—though I would not be surprised if they took that one off line.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:29 pm Does anyone have the video from last week of Fritz’s interview? The one where he seems dejected coaching now
phpBB [video]
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
nawlinspete
Riptide

It appears that Urban Meyer and The Ohio State University are 'burned out' with each other. Welcome Urban with open arms, open checkbooks, a full stadium six or seven times a season....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

Willie looks burnt out in today’s presser. He said he’s going to practice at Tulsa Friday. They normally practice here and then travel. Trying to change things up looking for a spark.
Dave breslin
Swell

Thanks Steve
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 pm Willie looks burnt out in today’s presser. He said he’s going to practice at Tulsa Friday. They normally practice here and then travel. Trying to change things up looking for a spark.
Link?
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Show Me wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:06 pm Willie looks burnt out in today’s presser. He said he’s going to practice at Tulsa Friday. They normally practice here and then travel. Trying to change things up looking for a spark.
Link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXU3yO65J5s
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
dpm wave
Swell

phpBB [video]
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the hell with the Coaches... I and many more, are Burned Out !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

As I listen to that video, and all of Willie’s coach speak, and I wonder what do we do during practices? You listen to all the failings he cites, and one has to wonder what are they doing during practices. How does a receiver just quit on a pass? I’m guessing that wasn’t the first time that has happened with that receiver. How is it we can’t make tackles in critical third downs? Or how is it we can’t cover receivers on critical plays? Lack of discipline, and perhaps lack of practice are the only answers I can see.

He conveniently overlooks the predictable offensive play calling, and the failure to get the ball into the hands of our best RBs.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have lost 7 practices this season to weather as per an interview Gueery Smith did with WF today.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

Be nice to have an indoor facility instead of Yulman and still play In the Dome.
MicMan
Swell

Burned out? Must be the crushing accountability of an entire city's hopes and dreams going up in flames over Tulane football. I hear non-stop criticism from callers to sports talk radio. Any minute now the fans will assemble on the quad with torches and pitchforks, ready to march on the AD's house.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

sader24 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:02 am Be nice to have an indoor facility instead of Yulman and still play In the Dome.
But that ship has sailed, I don't see the point.
We should have never left the SEC or rejected RR as a hire as well.

We have ample access to the Saints facility, why would we lose so many practices?

The only option is to build an IPF on the Jefferson land. Need other upgrades on campus (offices, locker rooms, meeting rooms, academic center). before that, IMHO.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

2 things:

1. We've gone back and forth about the IPF. There are tons of threads on it. Let's keep that convo there.

2. 7 practices? WTF. That's pretty much an average of 1 a week. And the excuses keep on coming...
Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:53 am
sader24 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:02 am Be nice to have an indoor facility instead of Yulman and still play In the Dome.
But that ship has sailed, I don't see the point.
We should have never left the SEC or rejected RR as a hire as well.

We have ample access to the Saints facility, why would we lose so many practices?

The only option is to build an IPF on the Jefferson land. Need other upgrades on campus (offices, locker rooms, meeting rooms, academic center). before that, IMHO.
regarding the land of Jeff Hwy...TD has plans to build a first class "Corn Hole" and Putt Putt Course on the property.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We need our own IPF. Obviously there will be conflicts at the Saints facility. We are certainly not a program that can afford to miss practice. Unfortunately it won't happen because the land on Jefferson needs a lot of work before anything can be built there. It's why after all these years it's never been utilized. We of course need the football ops. with a legitimate D-1 weight room, meeting rooms , squad room , rehab and nutrition areas. Eventually that might get done but the few donors we have for athletics were tapped out on the POSS monument to Cowen and Dickson. It's just a bad situation.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:26 pm We need our own IPF. Obviously there will be conflicts at the Saints facility. We are certainly not a program that can afford to miss practice. Unfortunately it won't happen because the land on Jefferson needs a lot of work before anything can be built there. It's why after all these years it's never been utilized. We of course need the football ops. with a legitimate D-1 weight room, meeting rooms , squad room , rehab and nutrition areas. Eventually that might get done but the few donors we have for athletics were tapped out on the POSS monument to Cowen and Dickson. It's just a bad situation.
Put a roof on Yulman......IPF solved...I have proveded several non metal roof's, requiirng minimal structural reinforcement, that can be added to the stadium... I have listed them on this site, and have provided them to TD..... After Yulman is roofed, it can then be used as a basketball facility
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:20 pm
phpBB [video]
Whenever a coach is reduced to saying, "we need a win" or "we need a W", it never ends well. Those words are an absolute indicator of a failed regime. It's almost like they are hoping that somehow a win will magically show up, or fall from the sky. Wins are earned, and this team and coaching staff haven't earned much.