Ruse and Banks

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:12 pm The line does suck but I dont understand being a strong defender of Banks right now. His escapability hasn't been anything special this year and any positives it has given us is negated by his carelessness with the football.
It's not about being a strong defender of banks. I jus't can't stand the shallow thinking that wants to ignore the major failings of this staff and the other failures spread amongst all three phases. It's not carelessness. That would be running in the open field and holding the ball out there to be knocked away. The fumbles this week were caused buy him trying to avoid the rush that came in unabated.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:29 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:12 pm The line does suck but I dont understand being a strong defender of Banks right now. His escapability hasn't been anything special this year and any positives it has given us is negated by his carelessness with the football.
It's not about being a strong defender of banks. I jus't can't stand the shallow thinking that wants to ignore the major failings of this staff and the other failures spread amongst all three phases. It's not carelessness. That would be running in the open field and holding the ball out there to be knocked away. The fumbles this week were caused buy him trying to avoided the rush that came in unabated.
I’m with you on the major failings of this staff, can’t argue that.

The first Banks fumble came when we were up 23-21.
It was a roll out to his left and he probably should have thrown the ball to Robertson quickly on an out route. He chose not to to, The ball needed to be out quick, fumble occurred when he decided to cut back and try to run. That fumble is all on Banks, not the line.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 pm
It's not about being a strong defender of banks. I jus't can't stand the shallow thinking that wants to ignore the major failings of this staff and the other failures spread amongst all three phases. It's not carelessness. That would be running in the open field and holding the ball out there to be knocked away. The fumbles this week were caused buy him trying to avoided the rush that came in unabated.

It was a roll out to his left and he probably should have thrown the ball to Robertson quickly on an out route. He chose not to to, The ball needed to be out quick, fumble occurred when he decided to cut back and try to run. That fumble is all on Banks, not the line.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Banks also didn't call for a safety too be guarding SMU's best receiver at the end.

The bottom line is that the roster is what it is for this season. He's the best of what we have at that position.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Go watch the play with about 5;50 left in the game. Robertson is open, he's asking for trouble when he tries to cutback after a rollout. Your points arent really relevant to the discussion. Banks isnt above criticism, there's a lot of valid complaints about his play. Just because the rest of the roster sucks doesn't absolve him of his poor decisions.
torbida
Surge

I thought Fritz adjusts philosophy to roster.....when he 1st got job Tanner Lee left and I thought team would option like Ga Southern but for some reason it never happened.this year Banks when he's not fumbling seems to throw to Mooney (where's Encalade) and with box stacked running game isn't effective.. Seems to me Fritz is outcoached and needs to go.
wavemania
Surge

Banks hasn't played great, but its not like he is throwing pick 6s like a certain QB who many fans seemed to always take up for. Amazing how they want to throw him under the bus. The play calling is a joke. Need a coach who can recruit locally. The talent that is going to La Tech and other in state schools is better than what WF is recruiting now.. And I don't want to her about grades on the young men. Just getting the top tier from the Catholic League would be a drastic improvement.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:01 pm

We'll have to agree to disagree. Banks also didn't call for a safety too be guarding SMU's best receiver at the end.

The bottom line is that the roster is what it is for this season. He's the best of what we have at that position.
Simply irrational thinking—comparing Banks failures to what our defense does or doesn’t do. Banks would probably make most OLs look bad. He often holds the ball 4+ seconds and doesn’t know what to do with it, he then panics and goes into hero mode, when most of his fumbles occur. The core of his problem is not seeing down field and not making quick decisions—all his other problems follow that.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 pm Go watch the play with about 5;50 left in the game. Robertson is open, he's asking for trouble when he tries to cutback after a rollout. Your points arent really relevant to the discussion. Banks isnt above criticism, there's a lot of valid complaints about his play. Just because the rest of the roster sucks doesn't absolve him of his poor decisions.
He was under pressure or there wouldn't have been someone there to swat the ball away. My points are very relevant. I never said he wasn't above criticism or try to absolve him of his mistakes. I said it's shallow for people to just focus on him . Like they always say" QB's get too much credit when things are going well and too much blame when they aren't. " Fritz admitted they had over coached him to stay in the pocket after the UAB debacle. Their play calling continues to suck. Like I said plenty of blame to go around. The buck stops at Fritz desk.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Simply irrational thinking—comparing Banks failures to what our defense does or doesn’t do. Banks would probably make most OLs look bad. He often holds the ball 4+ seconds and doesn’t know what to do with it, he then panics and goes into hero mode, when most of his fumbles occur. The core of his problem is not seeing down field and not making quick decisions—all his other problems follow that.
You're just clueless. Our QB's never have 4 seconds behind this piss poor excuse for a D-1 line. It's not a matter of holding the ball too long. It's a matter of no one being open. You're so clueless yu demanded we play McMillan off of one pass. :roll:
RobertM320
Green Wave

I don't agree with those who say we're short of talent across the board. I think we have a lot of talent on defense. Front 7 have been pretty solid against the run most of the season. The secondary has talent, and young talent at that, but the scheme is wrong. They're determined to play man 90% of the time. Well, when its 3rd and 19, or 3rd and 14, we should drop into a zone and keep everything in front, and then close for the tackle and get off the field. Instead, we play man, and invariably a receiver gets away from his man and ends up wide open. Does the decision to play man coverage all the time come from the secondary coach, or from the defensive coordinator? Just fix that and our defense would be pretty solid across the board.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:50 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:07 pm Go watch the play with about 5;50 left in the game. Robertson is open, he's asking for trouble when he tries to cutback after a rollout. Your points arent really relevant to the discussion. Banks isnt above criticism, there's a lot of valid complaints about his play. Just because the rest of the roster sucks doesn't absolve him of his poor decisions.
He was under pressure or there wouldn't have been someone there to swat the ball away. My points are very relevant. I never said he wasn't above criticism or try to absolve him of his mistakes. I said it's shallow for people to just focus on him . Like they always say" QB's get too much credit when things are going well and too much blame when they aren't. " Fritz admitted they had over coached him to stay in the pocket after the UAB debacle. Their play calling continues to suck. Like I said plenty of blame to go around. The buck stops at Fritz desk.
You’re clearly not watching the play.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Even on the 2nd fumble Banks had time. Held on to the ball too long
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:55 pm
I did watch the play . There's nothing there and he tries to scramble away from two defenders. He tucks the ball in but one reaches around and punches it out. You're clearly seeing what you want to see.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:48 am Even on the 2nd fumble Banks had time. Held on to the ball too long
Again you are seeing what you want to see. I'll add the series starts with the announcers saying how Banks did a good job checking down to Huderson. The next play he has to scramble yet again but then looks back and finds Huderson again. Then the fumble happens when again no one is there and he starts to scramble to try and find someone. But hey it's all on Banks. If only we'd start Ledford this week. :roll:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

For those saying we run it well. Take away Dauphine's runs against FCS Nicholls and think again.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:32 am
Profoundwizard wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:55 pm
I did watch the play . There's nothing there and he tries to scramble away from two defenders. He tucks the ball in but one reaches around and punches it out. You're clearly seeing what you want to see.
With Banks there is rarely anyone open because he can’t see them, and usually holds the ball too long. You’re in a small minority of fans still beating the Banks drum. He’s done, finished, as should most our seniors be. Banks has failed on multiple fronts, irrespective of other deficiencies we may have as a team. Continuing with Banks will be just one more Fritz screw up.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bullshit. On that last drive he's checking down and finding receivers. He extends plays with his athleticism. No one can be successful behind this line and with this play calling. The people on our forums like you are in the minority. Others see how if not for Banks we would have no chance at all. They see that the TE should have caught that pass at the end. But the shallow only want to fault Banks. You've shown how little you know by carrying on like a lunatic after one pass that McMillan should be the QB. Now you are calling for Ledford. Thank God you have no say.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:53 pm

You're just clueless. Our QB's never have 4 seconds behind this piss poor excuse for a D-1 line. It's not a matter of holding the ball too long. It's a matter of no one being open. You're so clueless yu demanded we play McMillan off of one pass. :roll:
You are "clueless" to either question QB play or descent to whatever winwave's POV might be. Really a productive and mature way to carry a conversation.

EGO: "a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance."

To think that questioning TU's QB play deserves insults is absurd given the stats, results and play?. Winwave is bordering on old school JJoseph territory, not a good place to play or to have civil discourse moving forward.
WeWave2
Ripple

wave97 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 pm We had one...
https://southernmiss.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3887
Aberzombie1892
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:02 am Bullshit. On that last drive he's checking down and finding receivers. He extends plays with his athleticism. No one can be successful behind this line and with this play calling. The people on our forums like you are in the minority. Others see how if not for Banks we would have no chance at all. They see that the TE should have caught that pass at the end. But the shallow only want to fault Banks. You've shown how little you know by carrying on like a lunatic after one pass that McMillan should be the QB. Now you are calling for Ledford. Thank God you have no say.
Oddly enough, making McMillan the starter will require Tulane to adjust its offense to account for the fact that he doesn't run that well (relatively speaking), so, even if the QB passes improve, the QB runs will regress. In my opinion, that will result in a net loss due to Tulane's O-Line.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:58 am
winwave wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:53 pm

You are "clueless" to either question QB play or descent to whatever winwave's POV might be. Really a productive and mature way to carry a conversation.

EGO: "a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance."

To think that questioning TU's QB play deserves insults is absurd given the stats, results and play?. Winwave is bordering on old school JJoseph territory, not a good place to play or to have civil discourse moving forward.
I was simply responding in kind to his post that started by calling me irrational. If you’re going to call people out be consistent. More importantly address the meat of the argument. Do you believe our QB’s are standing in the pocket for 4 seconds or longer with good protection?

Speaking of ego, I didn't know God had died and put you in charge of judgment.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Low Tide

Nick Marshall would work.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
wave97
Swell

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++! Bingo!
sader24
Tsunami

From what I’ve seen the QB play is terrible, the offensive line is atrocious, the play calling is abysmal and the scheme is a joke and the receivers drop balls. Anybody who is trying to pin this on any one things is really glazing over how truly terrible we are offensively on all fronts, as if one thing were fixed we’d be rolling. Outside of Bradwell and Dauphine when he’s allowed on the field and a couple of glimpses from Amare, nothing about this offense is even average.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:32 pm From what I’ve seen the QB play is terrible, the offensive line is atrocious, the play calling is abysmal and the scheme is a joke and the receivers drop balls. Anybody who is trying to pin this on any one things is really glazing over how truly terrible we are offensively on all fronts, as if one thing were fixed we’d be rolling. Outside of Bradwell and Dauphine when he’s allowed on the field and a couple of glimpses from Amare, nothing about this offense is even average.
Yep.