Potential head football coach candidates search

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Rich Rod is available. He is a proven winner at the FBS level. He would take the job this time around. His son is a better Quarterback at Arizona than Jonathan Banks.

Dave breslin
Swell

I recommend Dr George Tiller. Well known abortion doctor
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I note there is an "INDEED" ad on this site for hiring the right personnel....May I suggest TD use the damn thing, because whoever or whatever "search' he used of Fritz, needs to be fired, shot or deleted....and if basketball and baseball are going to be as bad as I think, get rid of his bald head and his fat ass also..... Fritz,and TD are in way over their collective heads, and it is time for making some, if not all, of them roll..... This Athletic (?) program is a total f#@%ing joke.......I am glad my season tickets did not get delivered, that way I was not tempted to go to any games
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

JerseyWave wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:51 pm Rich Rod is available. He is a proven winner at the FBS level. He would take the job this time around. His son is a better Quarterback at Arizona than Jonathan Banks.
I agree, we might be able to get Rich Rod this time-now that idiot Cowen is no longer around, It would be like a tragic novel, ever since Cowen screwed the pooch with RR, neither RR nor Tulane have had any sustained success—maybe together we can extracate ourselves from the football ditch that Cowen put us in.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide

RR had sustained success at WV. Should have never left.

But I’ve given up on WF. Team has gotten worse from last season which is no excuse.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 am RR had sustained success at WV. Should have never left.

But I’ve given up on WF. Team has gotten worse from last season which is no excuse.
RR ain't comin' back to NOLA, his Wife's allergies are an issue...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The reason I didn't include RR on my list is that Tulane will never hire him because of the scandal at Arizona. It's a shame b/c we were made for each other. We have plenty of quality skill position players available here and he can scheme around bad offensive linemen.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

The deciding factor for the fate of coach Fritz post-2019 should be his ability to recruit after such a disappointing season. So far, the commits for the December signing period appear to be well below last year (10th in AAC). Of course, anything can happen but the Tulane football program doesn't have a history of delivering news that exceeds expectations.

https://247sports.com/college/tulane/Se ... l/Commits/
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 pm The deciding factor for the fate of coach Fritz post-2019 should be his ability to recruit after such a disappointing season. So far, the commits for the December signing period appear to be well below last year (10th in AAC). Of course, anything can happen but the Tulane football program doesn't have a history of delivering news that exceeds expectations.

https://247sports.com/college/tulane/Se ... l/Commits/
Further evidence that Willie Boy is just flat burned out. After that press conference last week, if you were a recruit would you want to sign with Tulane?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Tulane should hire Ruffin McNeill as head coach. Ruff should have never been fired by ECU as they are a disaster under their successor coach. Ruff usually had ECU winning more games than they were losing and going to bowl games even though they were never one of the top teams in the conference. Ruff is a good coach and would be a solid hire. Let's bring him to Tulane.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:32 am Tulane should hire Ruffin McNeill as head coach. Ruff should have never been fired by ECU as they are a disaster under their successor coach. Ruff usually had ECU winning more games than they were losing and going to bowl games even though they were never one of the top teams in the conference. Ruff is a good coach and would be a solid hire. Let's bring him to Tulane.
We could do worse but we could also do better
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 am
Sunamiwave wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:32 am Tulane should hire Ruffin McNeill as head coach. Ruff should have never been fired by ECU as they are a disaster under their successor coach. Ruff usually had ECU winning more games than they were losing and going to bowl games even though they were never one of the top teams in the conference. Ruff is a good coach and would be a solid hire. Let's bring him to Tulane.
We could do worse but we could also do better
he is now the DC at Oklahoma
nawlinspete
Riptide

It appears that Urban Meyer will be available after the current season is over, if not sooner....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
wave97
Swell

Jim Fleming at URI has a terrific young staff.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here we go again
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981