Potential head football coach candidates search

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3837
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:51 pm

Rich Rod is available. He is a proven winner at the FBS level. He would take the job this time around. His son is a better Quarterback at Arizona than Jonathan Banks.


Dave breslin
Surge
Posts: 892
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:21 pm

I recommend Dr George Tiller. Well known abortion doctor
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:47 am

I note there is an "INDEED" ad on this site for hiring the right personnel....May I suggest TD use the damn thing, because whoever or whatever "search' he used of Fritz, needs to be fired, shot or deleted....and if basketball and baseball are going to be as bad as I think, get rid of his bald head and his fat ass also..... Fritz,and TD are in way over their collective heads, and it is time for making some, if not all, of them roll..... This Athletic (?) program is a total f#@%ing joke.......I am glad my season tickets did not get delivered, that way I was not tempted to go to any games
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1749
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 am

JerseyWave wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:51 pm
Rich Rod is available. He is a proven winner at the FBS level. He would take the job this time around. His son is a better Quarterback at Arizona than Jonathan Banks.
I agree, we might be able to get Rich Rod this time-now that idiot Cowen is no longer around, It would be like a tragic novel, ever since Cowen screwed the pooch with RR, neither RR nor Tulane have had any sustained success—maybe together we can extracate ourselves from the football ditch that Cowen put us in.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
High Tide
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 am

RR had sustained success at WV. Should have never left.

But I’ve given up on WF. Team has gotten worse from last season which is no excuse.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:32 am

greenie78 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:41 am
RR had sustained success at WV. Should have never left.

But I’ve given up on WF. Team has gotten worse from last season which is no excuse.
RR ain't comin' back to NOLA, his Wife's allergies are an issue...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12840
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:25 am

The reason I didn't include RR on my list is that Tulane will never hire him because of the scandal at Arizona. It's a shame b/c we were made for each other. We have plenty of quality skill position players available here and he can scheme around bad offensive linemen.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1773
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 pm

The deciding factor for the fate of coach Fritz post-2019 should be his ability to recruit after such a disappointing season. So far, the commits for the December signing period appear to be well below last year (10th in AAC). Of course, anything can happen but the Tulane football program doesn't have a history of delivering news that exceeds expectations.

https://247sports.com/college/tulane/Se ... l/Commits/
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1749
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:55 pm

GreenLantern wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 pm
The deciding factor for the fate of coach Fritz post-2019 should be his ability to recruit after such a disappointing season. So far, the commits for the December signing period appear to be well below last year (10th in AAC). Of course, anything can happen but the Tulane football program doesn't have a history of delivering news that exceeds expectations.

https://247sports.com/college/tulane/Se ... l/Commits/
Further evidence that Willie Boy is just flat burned out. After that press conference last week, if you were a recruit would you want to sign with Tulane?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Sunamiwave
Ripple
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:32 am

Tulane should hire Ruffin McNeill as head coach. Ruff should have never been fired by ECU as they are a disaster under their successor coach. Ruff usually had ECU winning more games than they were losing and going to bowl games even though they were never one of the top teams in the conference. Ruff is a good coach and would be a solid hire. Let's bring him to Tulane.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1158
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 am

Sunamiwave wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:32 am
Tulane should hire Ruffin McNeill as head coach. Ruff should have never been fired by ECU as they are a disaster under their successor coach. Ruff usually had ECU winning more games than they were losing and going to bowl games even though they were never one of the top teams in the conference. Ruff is a good coach and would be a solid hire. Let's bring him to Tulane.
We could do worse but we could also do better
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:52 am

Profoundwizard wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 am
Sunamiwave wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:32 am
Tulane should hire Ruffin McNeill as head coach. Ruff should have never been fired by ECU as they are a disaster under their successor coach. Ruff usually had ECU winning more games than they were losing and going to bowl games even though they were never one of the top teams in the conference. Ruff is a good coach and would be a solid hire. Let's bring him to Tulane.
We could do worse but we could also do better
he is now the DC at Oklahoma
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
nawlinspete
Swell
Posts: 1711
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Online

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:14 pm

It appears that Urban Meyer will be available after the current season is over, if not sooner....
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1352
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:03 pm

Jim Fleming at URI has a terrific young staff.
Post Reply