QB Play

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

McMillan stinks.

There must be an issue between the coaches and Banks.

After Memphis going 1 for 5 against Cincy is not cause to be benched after 2 series.

Anyone know what Banks has done to get in t5he dogfhouse ?

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:06 pm McMillan stinks.

After Memphis going 1 for 5 against Cincy is not cause to be benched after 2 series.

The coaches have no idea what to do with anything.....period!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Calling Lindsey Scott. ;)
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:09 pm Calling Lindsey Scott. ;)
He'd just be another RB that we'd waste. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:32 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:09 pm Calling Lindsey Scott. ;)
He'd just be another RB that we'd waste. :mrgreen:
True
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

Shaun King was bad too until we brought in Bowden/RRod.
Wavetime
Swell

Cincinnati probably has the second best set of lines that we will face all year. I'm not going to judge him on this game. We also had a bunch of drops. However, I do think Banks is better. We need the running threat.
Jaxwave
Swell

No imagination at all. QBs have no chance. Because we don’t dump short passes to TEs and RBs including screens, opponents can blitz on 3rd and 4th downs and long every time without fear of getting burned. It really is high schoolish.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

As you said Jax, where are the outlets, slants and screens !!! We saw one screen in garbage time go for 10 yards
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:16 pm Shaun King was bad too until we brought in Bowden/RRod.
Yep. Coaching makes a difference.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:25 pm No imagination at all. QBs have no chance. Because we don’t dump short passes to TEs and RBs including screens, opponents can blitz on 3rd and 4th downs and long every time without fear of getting burned. It really is high schoolish.
I saw a few throws to the backs and TE's. Much like the WR's, they also cant catch.
Show Me
Tsunami

Drew Brees in this offense couldn’t win.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Mandeville Wave wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:07 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:06 pm McMillan stinks.

The coaches have no idea what to do with anything.....period!
+1,000. The Clueless Crew
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Sunamiwave
High Tide

It does not matter who the quarterback is with such a pathetic offensive line and awful offensive scheme. Thanks for nothing Doug Ruse and Alex Atkins. Since Fritz has been here he constantly talks about how wonderful Alex Atkins is as our offensive line coach. When watching the lackluster play of our offensive line in games, I often ask myself what in the world Willie Fritz is smoking to brag about Alex Atkins. The offensive line sucks. Both Atkins and Ruse need to be let go at the end of the season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:49 pm Drew Brees in this offense couldn’t win.
I've been saying this for years.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm It does not matter who the quarterback is with such a pathetic offensive line and awful offensive scheme. Thanks for nothing Doug Ruse and Alex Atkins. Since Fritz has been here he constantly talks about how wonderful Alex Atkins is as our offensive line coach. When watching the lackluster play of our offensive line in games, I often ask myself what in the world Willie Fritz is smoking to brag about Alex Atkins. The offensive line sucks. Both Atkins and Ruse need to be let go at the end of the season.
No doubt.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:51 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:37 pm It does not matter who the quarterback is with such a pathetic offensive line and awful offensive scheme. Thanks for nothing Doug Ruse and Alex Atkins. Since Fritz has been here he constantly talks about how wonderful Alex Atkins is as our offensive line coach. When watching the lackluster play of our offensive line in games, I often ask myself what in the world Willie Fritz is smoking to brag about Alex Atkins. The offensive line sucks. Both Atkins and Ruse need to be let go at the end of the season.
No doubt.
Fritz and company have two weeks to put an offense together that can win games in the AAC on a consistent basis...Fritz needs to have a Staff overhaul at the end of this year...The DC has not impressed me either.......if Fritz does not want to make changes, fire him
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

I thank God that JJ McKleskey was brought in to the staff. He can coach & recruit. I wonder where he'll be off to this Winter?
swampnik
Surge

Cincy lived up to their 29th ranking and strong D credentials. No crying over final score but crying how we got their with 2 QB"'s might be .Banks left and the coaches did not let McMillan do what he does best, pass. They should have let Banks return in 4th quarter to light a fire with QB designed runs out of the shotgun.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Best offense we run is hand off to Bradwell or Dauphine. Outside of that we have nothing. QB’s inaccurate and when they are on target receivers drop them. All our opponents know this and prepare as such. Going to struggle to win 5 games.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:04 am Cincy lived up to their 29th ranking and strong D credentials. No crying over final score but crying how we got their with 2 QB"'s might be .Banks left and the coaches did not let McMillan do what he does best, pass. They should have let Banks return in 4th quarter to light a fire with QB designed runs out of the shotgun.
They did let him pass. He just wasn't very good at it. If you can't run at QB behind this line then you have no chance.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

+1,000. OL plays like they're sleep walking. Did you notice on the blocked punt, the middle blocker, of the three blockers in front of our punter, made almost no effort to stop the Cincy player that blocked the punt. He literally stood still while the Cincy player ran right by him.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:53 am Best offense we run is hand off to Bradwell or Dauphine. Outside of that we have nothing. QB’s inaccurate and when they are on target receivers drop them. All our opponents know this and prepare as such. Going to struggle to win 5 games.
So true. Both QB's are inaccurate, and neither are fast enough to either run out of trouble or run an option play. And when they do make a decent pass, you can count on our receivers dropping it. What do our receivers do during practice? And Winwave is right about McMillan's long wind up--he looks like he's throwing a baseball rather than a football. Has any coach in McMillan's past--high school coach, Miles, Ogeron, or Fritz tried to work on his mechanics and release? A decent defensive back will have a heyday reading his delivery.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:04 am Cincy lived up to their 29th ranking and strong D credentials. No crying over final score but crying how we got their with 2 QB"'s might be .Banks left and the coaches did not let McMillan do what he does best, pass. They should have let Banks return in 4th quarter to light a fire with QB designed runs out of the shotgun.
In case you haven't noticed we take EVERY snap out of the shotgun Every single one.

Banks is our best QB. Running the damned ball is our best offense. Run it and run it well, as we did to start the game, sets up the passing game. We got away from running the ball and at one point had 10 or 12 straight incomplete passes. Great, we "opened up the offense" and when we did so, we fell into a hole we couldn't climb out of. RUN THE GODDAMNED BALL and pass when they sell out to stop the run.

And forget about the platooning of QB's. It clearly killed us this week.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

And I'll go one further: Our passing game is one of the worst in FBS. Literally, we stink at throwing the ball. We drop passes, miss wide open receivers, and often cannot pass protect long enough to let the routes develop Every team we've faced thus far, including our FCS opponent, has a better passing game. Each team we've faced has shown our receivers how to catch a ball in traffic, something we NEVER seem to do. So why in God's name is "opening up the offense" the way to get us back in the W column? We should run for 200+ yards every game. That will give this team, as coached, a chance to win.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V