SI's take on the triple option

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

and it's variations..... Louisiana well represented
https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... orgia-tech

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The Sooners came in with one of the nation's fastest and most potent offenses, directed by a rising star coach in Lincoln Riley, whose brain has been picked relentlessly by NFL scouts after producing a Heisman Trophy winner and a College Football Playoff berth in his first year in charge. But it was the Black Knights who controlled the game when they had the ball, stringing together four drives of at least 16 plays each, dominating the possession battle (44:41 to 15:19), frustrating the Oklahoma defense to the tune of 339 yards rushing and 13 third-down conversions, and earning the respect of everyone who successfully found a reliable stream.
Sounds like playing keep away and ball control, winning the time of possession battle is the best recipe for pulling off an upset against a team that has an explosive offense. It is a strategy that's been employed since the game was invented. Sound familiar?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

One can also do the same with the short passing game which we employed successfully against Memphis along with our running game. Very successful combo.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It should be noted too that we played Oklahoma with Baker Mayfield just last year. We ran it 62 times and threw it only 12. We possessed the ball 37-23. The Final: 56-14.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:46 pm One can also do the same with the short passing game which we employed successfully against Memphis along with our running game. Very successful combo.
I believe I posted the same thing about half a dozen times in the Wake Forest thread in August. When a scramble turns into a rushing play, that means the passing play failed. Let's be sure to run plays that fail 50% of our plays, even if it allows an explosive offense to be on the field with short intervals in between, and gasses our D. Ignore tried and true strategies that the experts say we need to employ, and the announcers repeated like a meditation mantra throughout the game. winwave knows more than everyone.

Over and out, I'll let you WINwave once again, rather than subject the other posters to your ridiculous arguments. Last word again is conceded to you.
Last edited by DfromCT on Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wish we would have set Banks free and been aggressive against them like we were with Memphis. Would have had another win. Glad the staff has realized the error of their ways and corrected things.
netshorty
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:03 pm and it's variations..... Louisiana well represented
https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... orgia-tech

golf, please rename this post the D/WW Pissing Match to accurately reflect the topic and allow others to avoid accidentally clicking....
ajcalhoun
Swell

netshorty wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:34 pm golf, please rename this post the D/WW Pissing Match to accurately reflect the topic and allow others to avoid accidentally clicking....
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:53 pm
netshorty wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:34 pm golf, please rename this post the D/WW Pissing Match to accurately reflect the topic and allow others to avoid accidentally clicking....
why the hell rename a topic that is correctly identified ?...no "bravo" needed...fyi, in the future, if you accidentally "click on something"...simply "unclick it".....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
netshorty
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:09 am
why the hell rename a topic that is correctly identified ?...no "bravo" needed...fyi, in the future, if you accidentally "click on something"...simply "unclick it".....
thought you had a sense of humor, my bad.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

netshorty wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:46 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:09 am
thought you had a sense of humor, my bad.
been a bad morning.... my sense of any humor was obstructed by a Senate investigation. I am accused of participating in a "Fumblerooski" !!!.. I am however open to taking a polygraph exam, it will be one of the few exams, I will actually have passed
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:09 am why the hell rename a topic that is correctly identified ?...no "bravo" needed...fyi, in the future, if you accidentally "click on something"...simply "unclick it".....