Tulane Tames the Tigers 40-24

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

in the name of Rodney King.... "can't we all, just get along "

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:07 pm in the name of Rodney King.... "can't we all, just get along "
Impossible. One would have to admit one is wrong and sorry to say we would make the Sugar Bowl before that happens. Very tiresome.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:02 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:07 pm in the name of Rodney King.... "can't we all, just get along "
Impossible. One would have to admit one is wrong and sorry to say we would make the Sugar Bowl before that happens. Very tiresome.
one need not admit they are wrong, just the ability to listen to other's view points and opinions.....and that goes for all parties involved
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on the post-game locker room celebration with Fritz body-surfing. From one perspective, I'm delighted at the enthusiasm. From another, this seems gaudy. I would prefer that this pretentiousness be withheld until we win our division and/or a bowl game. There is room for debate after the Memphis game, but after defeating Nicholls? Really? I would prefer that we act as if we had been here before (even if we hadn't) and acting as if we were merely taking care of the business at hand.

You know the emphasis Coach Fritz places on the simple discipline of handing the ball to the referee at the end of each play? That.

It makes me chuckle when I try and imagine Nick Saban or Bill Belichick body surfing...even after winning a national championship or a Super Bowl.
Pepper
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:06 pm
Pepper wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:02 pm
one need not admit they are wrong, just the ability to listen to other's view points and opinions.....and that goes for all parties involved
golf, I sure didn't mean you and you are right. I just don't think that individual has the ability.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:05 am I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on the post-game locker room celebration with Fritz body-surfing. From one perspective, I'm delighted at the enthusiasm. From another, this seems gaudy. I would prefer that this pretentiousness be withheld until we win our division and/or a bowl game. There is room for debate after the Memphis game, but after defeating Nicholls? Really? I would prefer that we act as if we had been here before (even if we hadn't) and acting as if we were merely taking care of the business at hand.

You know the emphasis Coach Fritz places on the simple discipline of handing the ball to the referee at the end of each play? That.

It makes me chuckle when I try and imagine Nick Saban or Bill Belichick body surfing...even after winning a national championship or a Super Bowl.
I’m ok with it. It’s more of a coach/team bonding thing from the looks of it.
Ed Conroy would take his team out for ice cream after each road win. I guess this is something WF likes to do.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:05 am I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on the post-game locker room celebration with Fritz body-surfing. From one perspective, I'm delighted at the enthusiasm. From another, this seems gaudy. I would prefer that this pretentiousness be withheld until we win our division and/or a bowl game. There is room for debate after the Memphis game, but after defeating Nicholls? Really? I would prefer that we act as if we had been here before (even if we hadn't) and acting as if we were merely taking care of the business at hand.

Baby steps. I believe he truly knows conference championships won't be coming any time soon with the lack of support from the Admin, so if he can start by winning a few games and then maybe a bowl appearance, you might see the exuberance die down.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He has said it's a tradition he's had at every coaching staff. It does seem questionable and would seem more appropriate after really big wins such as clinching the west. But it's here to stay.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:41 am

Baby steps. I believe he truly knows conference championships won't be coming any time soon with the lack of support from the Admin, so if he can start by winning a few games and then maybe a bowl appearance, you might see the exuberance die down.
The issue in this thread was people saying just start McMillan over Banks. Is that what you think? BTW, more than once I have said I was wrong. But that doesn't fit your narrative.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:12 am

The issue in this thread was people saying just start McMillan over Banks. Is that what you think? BTW, more than once I have said I was wrong. But that doesn't fit your narrative.
Not sure if you were addressing me but if it was I really don't care who they start. WF knows way more than me. If they win, it really doesn't matter. I never mentioned anyone by name nor signaled you out. I have no narrative other than I am starting to give less and less about Tulane athletics due to the losing & about this board due to the constant bickering. If you read yourself into my comment, well you know what they say about the shoe.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Happy we finally played like we're supposed to. Now let's see if we can continue this week.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:39 am
winwave wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:12 am

Not sure if you were addressing me but if it was I really don't care who they start. WF knows way more than me. If they win, it really doesn't matter. I never mentioned anyone by name nor signaled you out. I have no narrative other than I am starting to give less and less about Tulane athletics due to the losing & about this board due to the constant bickering. If you read yourself into my comment, well you know what they say about the shoe.
So you dance around the issue even though you were saying that person was wrong. As for it being about me you've posted that directly about me before. But hey try out for Dancing With The Stars. If you dance there the way you dance around the issues here you'll have a chance.
Pepper
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:50 am Happy we finally played like we're supposed to. Now let's see if we can continue this week.
The more I look at who Cincy has played, the more I am starting to think we can make this a game.