Memphis Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Here's all you need to read from win's Advocate link:
Beat Memphis, and Tulane will revive hope that a turnaround is possible.

Lose, and that hope will all but disappear for at least another year.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:17 pm Defense up against it:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 44560.html
That’s the problem, we often make the other team “look better than they are”. No doubt our offense this week will be a between-the-tackles grind out, since we refuse to attack the corners with option plays.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:30 am

That’s the problem, we often make the other team “look better than they are”. No doubt our offense this week will be a between-the-tackles grind out, since we refuse to attack the corners with option plays.
we ain't got no one who can run the option....Terrance Jones used his red shirt year
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

netshorty
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:36 am a few stats
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... RR/pubhtml#
Stats tell the same story as the eyeballs... we're terrible...
GreenLantern
Riptide

According to golfnut's stats, Tulane has:
  • a 74% chance at winning 4 or fewer games
  • a 7% chance of bowl eligibility
  • a 14% chance of winning two or fewer games (twice as likely as becoming bowl eligible)
  • an 11% chance of beating Memphis; a 12% chance of beating Houston; a 14% chance of beating South Florida
And how does that make you feel?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 am
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:30 am

we ain't got no one who can run the option....Terrance Jones used his red shirt year
Exactly. We lost our only true option QB when Brantley left. Maybe McLain could have run it, but I don't remember ever seeing him play. Banks definitely can't run it--he doesn't have the foot speed or decision-making ability.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:36 am a few stats
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... RR/pubhtml#
Gomer Pyle would say, "ugly, ugly, ugly". If we win only three games, I have to believe the clock starts ticking on Fritz--one more season to show what he can do--I think we'll eat the remaining three years on his extended contract if 2019 is another meltdown. We do have good turnover stats, showing that Fritz and Ruse have managed to disprove the old axiom about the team with the fewest turnovers winning. We have demonstrated that even with fewer turnovers, you can still lose if your offense is predictable, will not adjust to what is happening during the game, and is led by a QB that can only fall back on desperation "hero ball".
nawlinspete
Riptide

We lose against Memphis and we will finish 1 and 11. My 3 and 9 pre season WAY TOO OPTIMISTIC .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
galvezwave
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:34 pm We lose against Memphis and we will finish 1 and 11. My 3 and 9 pre season WAY TOO OPTIMISTIC .
Hell there might be a couple winnable games left but this ain’t one of em. This score will be as lopsided as the last one .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane does not employ the triple option or the RPO....Tulane uses the "scrum".....
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:45 pm Tulane does not employ the triple option or the RPO....Tulane uses the "scrum".....
Great description of our ground game. That’s exactly what it looks like. First down a scrum, second down Banks panics into a sack, third down and long, under a strong pass rush Banks is either sacked again, misses his receiver, or completes a pass two or three yards short of the first down marker. Repeat over and over.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:40 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:45 pm Tulane does not employ the triple option or the RPO....Tulane uses the "scrum".....
Great description of our ground game. That’s exactly what it looks like. First down a scrum, second down Banks panics into a sack, third down and long, under a strong pass rush Banks is either sacked again, misses his receiver, or completes a pass two or three yards short of the first down marker. Repeat over and over.
the time has come to 'F#@k the Scrum and Screw with the Spread "
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 3519937537
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
netshorty
Surge

Nice. Lipstick on a pig.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not sure about that version of it. Will have to see it in person.
RobertM320
Green Wave

There's a few comments in this thread that didn't age very well. Just saying.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:45 am There's a few comments in this thread that didn't age very well. Just saying.
McMillan leading us to 23 points in one quarter, has a way of doing that.