Basketball AAC Schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

Looking around for some updated AAC previews. Found this one from a few days ago which nails the state of the program. They have us finishing dead ass last.

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/aa ... eview-2019
Bigschtick
Riptide

Not particularly promising for sure but perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised, though not necessarily
a Tulane athletics trait!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
TXWave88
Surge

netshorty wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:51 pm Looking around for some updated AAC previews. Found this one from a few days ago which nails the state of the program. They have us finishing dead ass last.

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/aa ... eview-2019
At least we wont disappoint the author this year!!
GreenLantern
Riptide

The author of this article has very unflattering comments about Coach Dunleavy:
I fell too hard for the talent attraction, but there’s no excuse that Tulane couldn’t win more than five league games last season. The bad taste in my mouth continues to linger from Mike Dunleavy Sr.’s inability to maximize the potential of last year’s roster.

Now embarking on his third season as head coach, Dunleavy has attempted to ‘NBA-ify’ the way Tulane plays. The most obvious proof point is the emphasis placed on pushing tempo as the Green Wave charted the AAC’s shortest average offensive possession length in each of the past two seasons.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:34 am The author of this article has very unflattering comments about Coach Dunleavy:
I fell too hard for the talent attraction, but there’s no excuse that Tulane couldn’t win more than five league games last season. The bad taste in my mouth continues to linger from Mike Dunleavy Sr.’s inability to maximize the potential of last year’s roster.

Now embarking on his third season as head coach, Dunleavy has attempted to ‘NBA-ify’ the way Tulane plays. The most obvious proof point is the emphasis placed on pushing tempo as the Green Wave charted the AAC’s shortest average offensive possession length in each of the past two seasons.
I tend to agree with the author. With Reynolds and Frazier you probably should have found a way to win more. i suppose (and this is MDs fault) there was too many problems with the interior D and PG play. But man on man, you win five games in a relatively middle of the road year for the AAC, now you lose your two best players (by a wide margin), I fear what could happen this year. Well at least we have baseball to look forward to :o
IM42lane
Swell

So, what are we looking at? A 2-16 league record.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
netshorty
Surge

IM42lane wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:33 am So, what are we looking at? A 2-16 league record.

yep, we're looking at a likely repeat of 2016-17.
Worth repeating... Dunleavy is on his way to having the worst 3 year record of any coach since the Death Penalty.

3 yr records
Clark 41-46 (16-25, .390)
Finney 39-51 (15-33, .313)
Dickerson 46-45 (21-25, .429)
Conroy 48-48 (12-36, .250)

2 yr record
Dunleavy 20-42 (8-28, .222)

Simple math.. Dunleavy needs to go:
  • 20-11 overall record to beat Finney's miserable first 3 year win total by 1 (39)
  • 21-10 overall record to beat Finney's miserable first 3 year win % (.433)
  • 5-13 conference record to beat Conroy's historically terrible conference win % in first 3 years (.250)
None of the coaches had a worse year 3 than year 2.