Ohio St. Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
51WaveBG
High Tide

Am not planning to attend the Ohio State game, but am planning to attend the South Florida game. Maybe I'll see you there.

chain gang x man
Swell

Wavetime wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:50 pm Is anyone planning on going to the Ohio St game? I'll be up there with my family tailgating. Really looking forward to it.

Sorry for the double post.
28 Greenbackers making a ROAD TRIP
Let us know where you set up your tailgate
Wavetime
Swell

chain gang x man wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:10 pm
Wavetime wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:50 pm Is anyone planning on going to the Ohio St game? I'll be up there with my family tailgating. Really looking forward to it.

Sorry for the double post.
28 Greenbackers making a ROAD TRIP
Let us know where you set up your tailgate
Going to be a blast. We have an RV with some Ohio St. fans and will be in the main parking lot close to the stadium. It's really a good time. The band plays ahead of time in their arena, a lot of tradition. I'll keep in touch.
ccap05
Surge

I have to say that on paper Ohio State lines up favorably against the Wave. Time for another cocktail.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:22 am I have to say that on paper Ohio State lines up favorably against the Wave. Time for another cocktail.
I predict the Wave will be a skinny 41.5 point underdog. We'll be underdogs (but not like this) in the majority of our games..
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:28 am
ccap05 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:22 am I have to say that on paper Ohio State lines up favorably against the Wave. Time for another cocktail.
I predict the Wave will be a skinny 41.5 point underdog. We'll be underdogs (but not like this) in the majority of our games..
not sure what the spread will be, but I will not be taking the points...getting out of the game injury free will be a win.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

At least we're not the Buckeyes' homecoming patsy.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Kickoff set 2:30pm CST on the Big 10 Network
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

I hope banks brings his running shoes...
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/ ... 4813673472
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:00 pm I hope banks brings his running shoes...
What exactly is "Pass Rushing Win Percentage?" I've been around the game a long time and never heard of this statistic.
netshorty
Surge

phpBB [audio]
DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:22 am
Ruski wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:00 pm I hope banks brings his running shoes...
What exactly is "Pass Rushing Win Percentage?" I've been around the game a long time and never heard of this statistic.
(Sacks + Hits + Hurries + Pressures) / Pass rush attempts.

Winning meaning what % of pass rush attempts are you beating the offensive line and disrupting the pass game.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Let me guess: that statistic was created by PFF or some other analytical service. I can see where it makes sense, but what about when a QB is forced out of the pocket and ends up connecting on a long pass? Is that a Pass Rushing Win? If so, OSU is going to have something around 75% Pass Rush Wins next weekend.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Hopefully, the end result is not similar to the recent score against Oregon State!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
netshorty
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:40 am Let me guess: that statistic was created by PFF or some other analytical service. I can see where it makes sense, but what about when a QB is forced out of the pocket and ends up connecting on a long pass? Is that a Pass Rushing Win? If so, OSU is going to have something around 75% Pass Rush Wins next weekend.
Yes that is the basic definition of pass rush statistics (even in the NFL). It does not take into account whether a pass was completed. Just whether the QB was pressured to move out of the pocket or hurried to throw. And you are right, we'll pad those stats big time for them. Probably so much so that they'll lock up the number 1 spot for the year.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Some of Fritz’s post game comments sound very much like CJ—he sounds like he doesn’t understand why we lost. The ole “we need to play better” doesn’t cut it, and suggests that this staff doesn’t have the intellectual capacity to understand why we lost. Here’s some suggestions, (1) Tulane was unprepared to play at the start of the game, why? (2) we won’t win with Banks at QB, (3) why do we not spread the OL to create better seams, (4) why do we not attack the corners with more option plays? (5) the play calling has been hideous, how about a screen pass, how about dump offs to Dauphine? (6) speaking of Dauphine, why isn’t he playing more? If he’s out of shape, why? Just a few nuggets that might address why we are losing games we should be winning. And if Fritz regrets his fourth down decision, does he also regret sticking with Banks in the second half—which was far more devastating for us than the fourth down decision.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
sader24
Tsunami

What worries me greatly is the staff was telling ppl all summer how good they were going to be and they felt like this was a 8 or 9 win team. They also told ppl before the Wake Forest game they thought it would be a shootout in the 40s. They undoubtedly believed that Banks and this offense was going to be really hard to stop. This staff sounds confused and without answers because right now they are and don’t have any. The season is still salvageable but it doesn’t look good at this point.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:26 am What worries me greatly is the staff was telling ppl all summer how good they were going to be and they felt like this was a 8 or 9 win team. They also told ppl before the Wake Forest game they thought it would be a shootout in the 40s. They undoubtedly believed that Banks and this offense was going to be really hard to stop. This staff sounds confused and without answers because right now they are and don’t have any. The season is still salvageable but it doesn’t look good at this point.
9-3 will not be a bad season, ya know I had to respond...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

Update: game is tied at the moment.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Reading page 1 of this thread back from 2016 is sad & depressing.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Dave breslin
Swell

The Vegas line should be how long in a 60 minute game will it be before we are behind. I take 5 minutes
galvezwave
Swell

Willie definitely seems to have been taken down a notch. He’s a smart coach. It’s not like he doesn’t see this shit. I don’t like the comfort level in the program. I don’t like the lack of urgency. I don’t like the apparent lack of desire to change what isn’t working . Play to play, quarter to quarter , game to game . Keep trying the same crap. Run your triple option, if that’s what you know. Just do something other than what you’re doing now.
nawlinspete
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:04 pm Reading page 1 of this thread back from 2016 is sad & depressing.
I was one of the most hopeful back then but unfortunately my 3 win August prediction is now too optimistic. A 1 win season now probable.
If Meyer permits it. We will have 100 hung on us....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
alumniwave
Low Tide

This game will be watched by many because of the recent events. If Tulane can make it interesting this would be a great opportunity.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:04 pm Reading page 1 of this thread back from 2016 is sad & depressing.
So true. We go into the OSU game at arguably the lowest point of the Fritz era. We can only hope that Urban Meyer uses the Tulane game to get a lot of playing time and experience for his third and fourth teamers. I think that's what he'll do. They'll still win by 40+. If Banks panics in the pocket against the likes of Wake Forest and UAB, can you only guess what he's going to do against Bosa and the OSU rush. I hope Fritz has a psychiatrist on the sideline, as Banks will need one.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana