Wave beats the Wave Again as UAB wins 31-24

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

netshorty wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:36 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 pm D predicted we would probably crap the bed and we are certainly doing just that
He also said the outcome of this game has no bearing om how good a coach WF is. Yet everyone calling for WF head?
I’ve been very bullish about WF and Banks, but this crap we’ve seen so far gives me much doubt. Banks is not setting his feet to throw, his balls are wobbly and off even when he has time to throw, and then his decision making is questionable at best when throwing into triple coverage and getting sacked fumbled on 4th down.

Houma de Wave
Swell

Dupergreenie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:35 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:25 pm Time to sit Banks.
I would definitely start a new qb to start the 3rd. I'm not taking anything from UAB.... but Tulane just seem like the would rather be elsewhere.
If that's the case, then start Darius Bradwell and bring in Banks to throw.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:24 pm D predicted we would probably crap the bed and we are certainly doing just that
He also said the outcome of this game has no bearing om how good a coach WF is. Yet everyone calling for WF head?
And I'll stand by that. Only a fool thinks that a single game determines how good of a coach (or player) someone is. Is Willie Fritz any different this afternoon than he was yesterday?

Shorty, you have no clue. NONE. If we were up 40 points would he be a better coach than yesterday? No.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

At half Banks is 1 for 8 for 44 yards, with 1 interception. A repeat so far of his nightmare performance of last year against FIU.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:44 pm At half Banks is 1 for 8 for 44 yards, with 1 interception. A repeat so far of his nightmare performance of last year against FIU.
You left out a biggie, sack fumble returned for td...
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:44 pm At half Banks is 1 for 8 for 44 yards, with 1 interception. A repeat so far of his nightmare performance of last year against FIU.
Its not the coaching, its the execution. We'd have two TDs if Dauphine ran to the pylon instead of cutting down the middle of the field. Banks has thrown behind receivers, blockers have just plain missed assignments. Coaches put together a plan to put you in a position to win, but you still have to execute.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Houma de Wave
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:44 pm
You left out a biggie, sack fumble returned for td...
And one more: Banks said UAB was a "lower team." I knew that would come back to bite him (and us). However, he has a whole 2nd half to screw his head on straight.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Other then the play I have to say I'm enjoying the Facebook stream. It's better than most. No commercials is great. Has the feel of really being there. No comment on the announcers. I have Graff on now.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

I am here at the game and this is by far one of the WORST performances in the Fritz era. The defense is null and void, non-existent. Banks has taken tremendous steps backward and is nowhere near the QB he was last year. This is a prime example of why this program has no following ...no one wants to waste time and money on an non-consistent program . I am VERY disappointed and embarrassed at the moment . There is NO excuse for this nonsense.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:46 pm
Its not the coaching, its the execution. We'd have two TDs if Dauphine ran to the pylon instead of cutting down the middle of the field. Banks has thrown behind receivers, blockers have just plain missed assignments. Coaches put together a plan to put you in a position to win, but you still have to execute.
Yes on Dauphine. He ran back right to the defender. Lose today and we could be 1-5 after 6 games.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:40 pm I’ve been very bullish about WF and Banks, but this crap we’ve seen so far gives me much doubt. Banks is not setting his feet to throw, his balls are wobbly and off even when he has time to throw, and then his decision making is questionable at best when throwing into triple coverage and getting sacked fumbled on 4th down.
I agree. And this offense is truly offensive.

Yet even those that are "calling for Willie Fritz's head" admitted earlier this week that had Encalade made the catch against Wake Forest, we'd be calling him a genius. A kid drops a pass and that makes or breaks a coach?
galvezwave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:40 pm
galvezwave wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:31 pm I’m conceding . I don’t believe Fritz can get it done. I’ve seen year 3 of a program on the rise and it doesn’t look like this.
David Cutcliffe went 3-9 his THIRD AND FOURTH year at Duke. Since then he's been ACC Coach of the Year 3x, National Coach of the Year once, and taken the Blue Devils to bowl games 5 of 6 years. He's also brought Duke football to what is probably their most relevant position nationally in their history. I'm not giving up on Fritz or this season or program yet. Frankly, I predicted we would start 1-3 and make a bowl game.

But this is very tough to watch, that I'll agree on.

Yeah i get all that . It’s mostly frustration typing on my part. Although I’m more than confident that year 3 duke team could’ve handled this uab team .
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:46 pm
Lineman missing blocks has plagued us since week 1. Ardoin still missing blocks at a high rate and we aren’t talking about whiffing and getting beat, but more of not even touching the man he’s supposed to block. Very troubling.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

1-8 are u joking me.
galvezwave
Swell

See Jonathan? Step UP in the pocket. UP
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:49 pm
Yeah i get all that . It’s mostly frustration typing on my part. Although I’m more than confident that year 3 duke team could’ve handled this uab team .
No shortage of frustration here, either. This sucks.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The fact that we're still in this game is amazing. I'm still watching!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Woah, has banks decided to wake up?
galvezwave
Swell

UP Jonathan! UP IN THE POCKET
it works
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

galvezwave wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:57 pm UP Jonathan! UP IN THE POCKET
it works
:lol: I’ve been yelling that at my phone
galvezwave
Swell

Good job Jonathan
Dupergreenie
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 pm
And I'll stand by that. Only a fool thinks that a single game determines how good of a coach (or player) someone is. Is Willie Fritz any different this afternoon than he was yesterday?

Shorty, you have no clue. NONE. If we were up 40 points would he be a better coach than yesterday? No.
CWF isn't a bad coach. Anyone who says he is is a fool. However I would like to see how Tulane adjust in the 2nd half.
galvezwave
Swell

Dupergreenie wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:42 pm

CWF isn't a bad coach. Anyone who says he is is a fool. However I would like to see how Tulane adjust in the 2nd half.
Post made when caught up emotionally during an embarrassing performance ((god knows there have been plenty) should be taken with a grain of salt. Tulane has a smart fan base in general. What’s left of it anyway
galvezwave
Swell

These mad scrambles kill the offense.
galvezwave
Swell

Why are we feeding huderson