Volleyball 2018

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
dpm wave
Swell

Kinda surprised I haven't seen the Coach post here in a while.
Team off to a nice 4-0 start and made the Top 5 plays of the week.
#3:
http://twitter.com/NCAAVolleyball/statu ... 6148552705

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Success in ANY sport is Great news at Tulane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
localvb
High Tide

At least this is what they say for now:))

http://ncaastats.figstats.net/volleyball-rpi.cgi
dpm wave
Swell

That number next to Tulane looks like a six (6) to me. Thanks for link, coach.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wonder why it still lists us as 2-0?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
localvb
High Tide

The Green Wave just swept Big 10 Rutgers!! 3-0. At Rutgers!
That’s their 7th win in this young season. Looks like we are starting 3 freshmen, 2 sophomores, 1 junior and 1 senior.
They play tomorrow vs Howard than come back home next weekend for the Sugarbowl tournament vs Clemson and Villanova. Playing some big names!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

congrats to the young ladies....I use to loved going to the games and at one time was a line ref...one hell of a good time and damn fast paced
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
localvb
High Tide

Tulane sweeps Howard and is tournament champs at Rutgers. Great wins on the road. I believe they are 8-2 now. Look forward to seeing the team play next weekend at home.
galvezwave
Swell

Thank you, ladies.
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

The Vollyball team has recorded an 8-3 record so far this season. Thay do have a road match at Southeastern Louisiana Tuesday evening before hosting next weekend's Sugar Bowl Classic.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't know who is who in women's volleyball. Have we played any teams that are ranked? Is Tulane ranked?

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
localvb
High Tide

This schedule looks to be pretty tough. 2 AAC teams, Big 10 team, and a really good Villanova team coming up. This weekend will really show how good the team is if they can knock off Clemson and Villa. Then conference starts the next week vs the #1 team Wichita State.

As young as the roster is I’m surprised the team has 8 wins already with a sweep over Rutgers. Look forward to seeing them this weekend. They also play tonight at Southeastern.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

localvb wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:03 am This schedule looks to be pretty tough. 2 AAC teams, Big 10 team, and a really good Villanova team coming up. This weekend will really show how good the team is if they can knock off Clemson and Villa. Then conference starts the next week vs the #1 team Wichita State.

As young as the roster is I’m surprised the team has 8 wins already with a sweep over Rutgers. Look forward to seeing them this weekend. They also play tonight at Southeastern.
I appreciate a coach that schedules tough to prepare for conference. That’s usually a sign of a good and confident coach. You only get better by playing better competition.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
localvb
High Tide

Wow Tulane crushed Southeastern last night. Just looked at the box score and was surprised to see such a beat down. Looks like every player got in the game as well. That’s 9 wins all of them 3-0 sweeps.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Congrats to the Green Wave for beating Little Rock earlier today, and Villanova tonight. Go for the tournament sweep versus Clemson tomorrow.

localvb, you've got me following this team from afar. We're now 12=3 and our biggest AAC challenge could be to open the season next Friday at Wichita State.

Who are the other top teams in the AAC?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
localvb
High Tide

Major win vs Villanova. Not sure anyone thought Tulane would beat a top 50 team with this young team. Clemson is tomorrow for the championship.

Top teams in the AAC are Cinci, Wichita State, UCF. Temple and SMU picked high but they are struggling. Even the top 3 are very beatable. Could be a breakout year for Tulane. 12-3 and 6-0 and Home.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

localvb wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:31 am Major win vs Villanova. Not sure anyone thought Tulane would beat a top 50 team with this young team. Clemson is tomorrow for the championship.

Top teams in the AAC are Cinci, Wichita State, UCF. Temple and SMU picked high but they are struggling. Even the top 3 are very beatable. Could be a breakout year for Tulane. 12-3 and 6-0 and Home.
thanks for the updates.. I wish I lived closer, I enjoyed watching the fast pace style of play....
Bigschtick
Riptide

Congrats to the woman!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great job. A 12-3 start in anything hasn’t been seen around here for quite sometime. Hope it continues through conference.
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:19 am Great job. A 12-3 start in anything hasn’t been seen around here for quite sometime. Hope it continues through conference.
Ahhh conference games... Let's not count those - signed the 2017-18 9-3 OOC men's basketball team...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:19 am Great job. A 12-3 start in anything hasn’t been seen around here for quite sometime. Hope it continues through conference.
Ahhh conference games... Let's not count those - signed the 2017-18 9-3 OOC men's basketball team...
:o :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
localvb
High Tide

HUGE WINS FOR TULANE VB
Beating Villanova was big. And a very good Clemson team for the Title. Looks like Thompson, who was playing really well got injured. Hope it isn’t as bad as it looked. The team still rallied and won the match. 12-3 and in the top 50 range. Going to be a real interesting conference race. This young team is incredibly good already!
localvb
High Tide

Oh no I just read on Instagram that Thompson has a torn ACL. Big loss for the team. She was playing at an all time level and was a difference maker. Looks like another freshmen will have to step up.
alumniwave
Low Tide

Not surprised by VB’s success. Tulane got a steal of a coach. Bringing in some national caliber recruits because so well respected by the club system coaches.
localvb
High Tide

Major game for Tulane on the road vs the #1 Wichita State Shocker team. I just read they are expecting a sell out crowd which is around 10,000.
When i loknar the stats Tulane has a real shot at pulling the upset. We’ll see how this young team responds to that type of atmosphere.

There is a link on the WSU to watch the game.