NIMBY's prepare for the opening of Yulman Stadium

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

The agreement as written makes it impossible for Tulane to make a dime hosting high school games. The full parking restrictions go into effect even for a small HS crowd. Police, street closings, parking restrictions and trash watch. Complete overkill by Cowen.
Hopefully our new President tries to renegotiate these horrible deals our last President made.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Worse than the Korean nuke deal!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 pm The agreement as written makes it impossible for Tulane to make a dime hosting high school games. The full parking restrictions go into effect even for a small HS crowd. Police, street closings, parking restrictions and trash watch. Complete overkill by Cowen.
Hopefully our new President tries to renegotiate these horrible deals our last President made.
Then I laff in the face, of any tenured business professer @ Tulane, if that was allowed to happen
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 pm The agreement as written makes it impossible for Tulane to make a dime hosting high school games. The full parking restrictions go into effect even for a small HS crowd. Police, street closings, parking restrictions and trash watch. Complete overkill by Cowen.
I don't believe that's accurate. If the expected crowds are below a certain number the restrictions are not in place. It's been awhile so I don't recall the number but it's in the documents. Of the few games that have been hosted the system has not been put in place.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Major Event needs the parking restrictions. Don’t know outside of Tulane or the Saints would require parking restrictions.
Here’s the agreement:
https://tulanegreenwave.com/services/do ... eement.pdf
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks. There it is . It would require an expectation of 2,500 vehicles. So you could argue that if you expect less than 10,000 fansthe rules aren't in play.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:01 am Is this an agreement with the city? Or with the NIMBY's? Both? And what happens if we want to cancel or back out of the agreement?
I was wondering the same thing--who exactly is the agreement with? Tulane ought present a standing offer to purchase every Audubon house, next to the stadium, at a premium over market value. That would negate any NIMBY complaints about diminution of value. And as houses come up for sale, hopefully Tulane would actually acquire them. Such an offer would also force the NIMBYs to either back off, or try to litigate the agreement-- in which case if they lose then Tulane could rescind the offer to purchase any of the Audubon houses.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:13 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:01 am Is this an agreement with the city? Or with the NIMBY's? Both? And what happens if we want to cancel or back out of the agreement?
I was wondering the same thing--who exactly is the agreement with? Tulane ought present a standing offer to purchase every Audubon house, next to the stadium, at a premium over market value. That would negate any NIMBY complaints about diminution of value. And as houses come up for sale, hopefully Tulane would actually acquire them. Such an offer would also force the NIMBYs to either back off, or try to litigate the agreement-- in which case if they lose then Tulane could rescind the offer to purchase any of the Audubon houses.
hell Tulane had the opportunity to buy the west side of Calhoun St from Claiborne to Ferret st after Katrina and screwed that up...thanks to the "master of advanced education, SC "

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Calho ... AHoECAQQAQ
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:13 pm Tulane ought present a standing offer to purchase every Audubon house, next to the stadium, at a premium over market value. That would negate any NIMBY complaints about diminution of value. And as houses come up for sale, hopefully Tulane would actually acquire them.
I don't think you've priced uptown real estate lately.
God Bless Everyone!