UAB Game Week Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

The broadcast will be on Facebook. Has anyone here watched a Facebook sports broadcast and streamed it to their television via Chromecast? Wondering if it's similar to WatchESPN. I'd imagine so, but figured I'd ask. Want to watch the game at home this Saturday on the big screen :mrgreen:

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
posse
High Tide

Can someone list step by step how to get the game from FACEBOOK for us old, technically challenge, die-hard fans? Thank you.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

does "geek squad" make house calls ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:50 pm The broadcast will be on Facebook. Has anyone here watched a Facebook sports broadcast and streamed it to their television via Chromecast? Wondering if it's similar to WatchESPN. I'd imagine so, but figured I'd ask. Want to watch the game at home this Saturday on the big screen :mrgreen:
now hear this.....so U can watch

www.facebook.com/uabblazerfootball
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:50 pm The broadcast will be on Facebook. Has anyone here watched a Facebook sports broadcast and streamed it to their television via Chromecast? Wondering if it's similar to WatchESPN. I'd imagine so, but figured I'd ask. Want to watch the game at home this Saturday on the big screen :mrgreen:
I’ve mirrored it on Apple TV with Airplay
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

posse wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:24 pm Can someone list step by step how to get the game from FACEBOOK for us old, technically challenge, die-hard fans? Thank you.
You’ll probably have to create an account to see it.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If you have a facebook account, when you log onto Facebook, it will be right in front of you when they're broadcasting.

I have never sent it to a TV, but typically use a 24 inch monitor with my laptop. I might use a plain old USB or HDMI cord to connect to a 48" HDTV for this game though.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I just Chromecast the AAC Network video recap to my TV it worked well.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Chromecast it is! Thanks y'all.
Roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

No letdown this week: Tulane knows it needs to stay focused.

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 22c68.html

They talk about staying focused, but I don't like that the players and Coach Fritz also talk about UAB being a "lower team." Until we win 8-10 games for a few years in a row, we have zero right to talk about ANYONE being a lower team. This is bulletin board material for UAB. I don't like it at all.

And Spencer Brown could be the best RB we've faced thus far. It will be a test for our D, which gave up over 400 yards to that FCS team last weekend.
Last edited by DfromCT on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer
Riptide

The Kickoff Countdown shows 5 PM kick off. Did they move it from noon?
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 am The Kickoff Countdown shows 5 PM kick off. Did they move it from noon?
Sorry. Fixed. When I enter in the schedule for the countdown way before the season, the start time isn't usually set, so they're not always correct.
Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the view from 'b'ham...interesting comments

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/201 ... after.html
greenphantom
Swell

I don’t use Chromecast but you shouldn’t have a problem. I watched a game this past weekend on Facebook Live and was able to mirror it on my Tv through Apple TV Airplay. Had no issues at all.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
glennc
Low Tide

I have a roku, would i be able to get it with roku . I think Roku and Chromecast or competing streaming services. Am I wrong
greenphantom
Swell

glennc wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:15 pm I have a roku, would i be able to get it with roku . I think Roku and Chromecast or competing streaming services. Am I wrong
Not sure but you all can test it out as there are always Facebook live events going on. I just typed in Facebook Live in the FB search box and under videos there were some events including an NAIA womens volleyball match. https://www.facebook.com/LTUAthletics/v ... 992020101/
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

one more Facbook link

facebook.com/stadiumcollegefootball
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

glennc wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:15 pm I have a roku, would i be able to get it with roku . I think Roku and Chromecast or competing streaming services. Am I wrong
Add Facebook to your Roku Player if you don’t already have it. On your Roku, download the Facebook Channel if you don't have it already. Then you can probably find the live Stream of UAB or CUSA.
Tulane Class of 1981
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 pm No letdown this week: Tulane knows it needs to stay focused.

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 22c68.html

They talk about staying focused, but I don't like that the players and Coach Fritz also talk about UAB being a "lower team." Until we win 8-10 games for a few years in a row, we have zero right to talk about ANYONE being a lower team. This is bulletin board material for UAB. I don't like it at all.

Others agree with you Dave. Not a good look.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-857894.html
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
swampnik
Surge

Will one be able to just "stream" the game from a specific facebook page if one already has a log in? if so, can anyone post the actual FB url to said game before the kickoff . Much obliged!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yes. Here you go:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 7503338496
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JDTulane
Riptide

Roll wave. Beat UAB! Got an email from a poster seeing of I was alive or not (lolol) and I am! I was at the last game cheering us on in person!

I'm trying to finish my PhD by December so I've been very MIA, but still happy with our progress. We should be 2-0 so I'm alive enough to be irritated.

Roll wave! Cannot wait to be a degreed Tulanian x3 and cannot wait to beat UAB! If Coastal can beat em...

Also wave755 <3 for checkin in!
JDTulane
Riptide

Miss yall!!