Nicholls St. Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

WF could lose the next 40 games and he’s still a better coach than CJ ever could be.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:03 am
tpstulane wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:47 am
Houma de Wave wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:52 am
tpstulane wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:29 am
Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm
The win over Kansas was their first ever over an FBS opponent.
First win over a P5 and 3rd win over a FBS. They beat Rice and Ark St prior years.
Willie Fritz has never beaten a P5.
They beat Western Michigan in 2013 and Rice in 2007,, so I stand corrected. However, unless prior to 2006, I don’t see where they beat a Division 1-A Ark. State. No biggie. The fact is they were flat out bad until Tim Rebowe came on the scene. Now, they are bringing life and publicity to Thibodaux. We could only hope to get half of the media swooning they’ll get this week.
Arkansas State was their first in 2001.
https://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2 ... s_fbs.html

You're correct, as usual. ASU went Division I in '92.

Another Nicholls State stat about Coach Tim Rebowe: They were 1-28 in the Southland Conference before he took over.
Yes for Rebowe. He was responsible for a lot of the success Hud got credit for at ULL.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt Rebowe is a good coach. He really took over a down and out program and has done a masterful job. So after we win out this year and go 14-1 and willie gets the Kansas job Rebowe should be on the list. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
cajunfanatico
Swell

https://twitter.com/TomBurnettSLC/statu ... 6918059009
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
Surge

Chase comes from a great family and is determined to get the Colonels going this year. Coach Rebowe (think I read an aritcle of him being one of the few Mormon coaches in college football also), obviously has the kind of work ethic and philo that Fourcade can relate to and carry forward into games. The Wave will have their hands full this Saturday.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Nicholls will be difficult...but let's be reasonable, Kansas is terrible, even their fans (?) are screaming to drop football or to hire Les Miles right now....Tulane would have rung up at least 35 on what Kansas calls a defense and most probably would have been held to 7 or less points by what is not even an offense
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

one more thing..Kansas average 1.7 yards a carry...hell we have forum members who could have ran for that...of course they would have needed oxygen and maybe a defibrillator after the carry, but hey, they ran for the average
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The offensive line needs to play better:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 53451.html
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 pm one more thing..Kansas average 1.7 yards a carry...hell we have forum members who could have ran for that...of course they would have needed oxygen and maybe a defibrillator after the carry, but hey, they ran for the average
Our. 2.backs with most carries last week
Huderson 2.6 ypc on 10 carries
Braswell 2.2 ypc on 10 carries
We're not exactly killing it either.
RobertM320
Green Wave

netshorty wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:30 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 pm one more thing..Kansas average 1.7 yards a carry...hell we have forum members who could have ran for that...of course they would have needed oxygen and maybe a defibrillator after the carry, but hey, they ran for the average
Do you REALLY want to compare the Nicholls D line to Wake Forest? Give us a break.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Houma de Wave
Swell

swampnik wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:26 pm Chase comes from a great family and is determined to get the Colonels going this year. Coach Rebowe (think I read an aritcle of him being one of the few Mormon coaches in college football also), obviously has the kind of work ethic and philo that Fourcade can relate to and carry forward into games. The Wave will have their hands full this Saturday.
The previous head coach was Mormon, Charlie Stubbs, 2010-14..an era they’d like to forget.
netshorty
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:05 pm
netshorty wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:30 pm
Do you REALLY want to compare the Nicholls D line to Wake Forest? Give us a break.
Honestly have no idea of Nicholls defense.. Maybe their good, but wasn't trying to make a defensive comparison. Just comparing offensive running ineffectiveness.. You can make whatever assumptions you want.
Wave755
Tsunami

I remember last year when we played Grambling, since Grambling in 2016 took then RichRod’s Arizona Wildcats down to the wire at Tucson finally only losing 31 to 21, a number of national prognosticators said Tulane would probably win but it would be close, so take Grambling and the points..The Wave easily covered the spread.

I expect more of the same on Saturday night against NSU.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Just to put things in perspective regarding WF last week. In 2017 their offense was #5 in the country passing, and #30 rushing. So, new QB notwithstanding, holding them to 17 points in regulation was a very good showing.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:13 am https://twitter.com/TomBurnettSLC/statu ... 6918059009
Wow, talk about anemic arm tackling by Kansas. I've seen girl flag football players with more toughness and drive than those guys. Truly pathetic, the Kansas defense acted like it didn't even want to be on the field. This Kansas team my be destined for 0-12.
anEngineer
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:44 am Wow, talk about anemic arm tackling by Kansas. I've seen girl flag football players with more toughness and drive than those guys. Truly pathetic, the Kansas defense acted like it didn't even want to be on the field. This Kansas team my be destined for 0-12.
Watch the corner try to set the edge and get pushed in the back by the Nicholls tackle. Should have been a penalty on Nicholls. Refs just wanted to get out of Kansas, I guess.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:26 pm
Wave755 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:44 am Wow, talk about anemic arm tackling by Kansas. I've seen girl flag football players with more toughness and drive than those guys. Truly pathetic, the Kansas defense acted like it didn't even want to be on the field. This Kansas team my be destined for 0-12.
Watch the corner try to set the edge and get pushed in the back by the Nicholls tackle. Should have been a penalty on Nicholls. Refs just wanted to get out of Kansas, I guess.
Yep, I think you are right on that one, a blatant push in the back.

I think our defense will really get after these guys on Saturday, time to give the Colonels a reality check
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Everyone can now sleep well tonite...The FBI has recovered Dorothy's Red Slippers and have returned them to the Wizard of Oz museum, thus making up for one loss Kansas has endured...no word on ToTo
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave
Swell

We will beat Nicholls by at least 3 TD’s. One thing the Wave doesn’t do is lose to FCS opponents. We have faced better FCS opponents with worst teams and found ways to win. We should have beaten Wake, but let’s not forget that they are an ACC program. Wake would beat the breaks off of Kansas. Nicholls will get a reality check after the first quarter. Look for Banks to have a career day.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the 1998 team on 9-8. I hope our team gives a great performance in their honor. I also hope we have a great crowd:

https://crescentcitysports.com/video-tu ... f-qb-club/
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dauphine happy:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... fcd73.html

Charles Jones is back.
msdos
Swell

Hopefully it goes better than the last time the 98 team came to a game