Basketball OOC

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Here it is:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... f6c62.html

Well that sucks. Looks like Dickson dumbed down scheduling to get wins. We're not fooled Dunleavy and Troy.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
dpm wave
Swell

I'll be at the USA game. I hope the Alumni Assoc gets some sort of get together organized.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:32 pm Here it is:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... f6c62.html

Well that sucks. Looks like Dickson dumbed down scheduling to get wins. We're not fooled Dunleavy and Troy.
Yep. That OCC schedule is not going to attract much interest outside the diehards for sure. League RPI killer as well.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It does look like a Dickson schedule. This is not going to get the team ready for conference play, nor is it going to fool anybody. At the end of the season, if we end up 18-14 with an 8-12 conference record, we're not getting into the NIT. SOS means something and ours will be somewhere between 100-200, if not worse. Our AAC mates will not be happy as it affects their RPI as well. C'mon, Troy and Mike, we need to do better and set our sights higher.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
netshorty
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:40 pm It does look like a Dickson schedule. This is not going to get the team ready for conference play, nor is it going to fool anybody. At the end of the season, if we end up 18-14 with an 8-12 conference record, we're not getting into the NIT. SOS means something and ours will be somewhere between 100-200, if not worse. Our AAC mates will not be happy as it affects their RPI as well. C'mon, Troy and Mike, we need to do better and set our sights higher.
18-14? Talks of post season? I wish. But there's absolutely no way. But hey, with this OOC schedule maybe we can jump back on the we're way better then last year bandwagon before conference play starts. This program is arguably in worse shape then under the previous failed coaches.
Wave QB
Swell

If we were going to play 12 non conference games like this, than 3 ranked teams should have been added. I am one for putting together schedules that will help bring some wins and excitement back to a program before conference play begins, but this schedule screams “let’s have a winning season so fans won’t call for our jobs just in case we have a 6-8 win conference record.”

We have to do better here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I’m hearing Nov 7th FIU not going to happpen. No signed agreement. FIU is full. There may also be another game we are going to have to replace.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981