Tulane VB 2018 class ranked.

Talk about the latest recruits here.
localvb
High Tide

I mentioned this a couple weeks ago. Looks like they posted it. Tulane highest ranked class ever.
I see this young team moving into the top 5 in the AAC and then competing for the championship in 2019.

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/6/ ... op-55.aspx

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks for the post. Seems like WVB is bringing in talent from all over the US, and wants to build a program that can compete in conference and nationally. As you've pointed out, WVB is the fastest growing sport, we all welcome the opportunity to compete on the national stage.

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
alumniwave
Low Tide

That’s great news. Also great news to see the hire of former player Sarah Strasssner.
localvb
High Tide

I saw a tweet about a bigtime 2020 recruit committing. I looked her up. She is one of the top middles in the country out of Colorado. Huge pickup for Tulane VB!!

The team this year has 5 freshmen and 6 sophomores. Depends how all that youth handles D1 volleyball but man is the talent there. Suspect a this program surges to the top of the AAC over the next 3 years.
localvb
High Tide

Hearing some good news coming out of two a day practices. Apparently the level of play is at an all time high. One of the coaches told me the team is already ahead of the 2016 team. And that some of the younger players are killing it. Also the depth is impressive at each position.
I won’t be able to make the scrimmage tomorrow but I have a friend going who will send me a report.
Sounds like a great season is coming.
localvb
High Tide

Heard the scrimmage was very exciting. The team’s talent is much improved and every position is deep. The freshmen were very impressive! The quickness was on display and my friend attending was blown away how fast the team moved. Hearing some great signs coming from this team!
localvb
High Tide

1st game is Friday at 7pm vs UTEP.
Love this time of year!
Anyone going drop a report after the game. I can’t go until the Saturday games.
localvb
High Tide

People you have to get to the 7pm championship game vs ULL.
I watched Tulane just crush UIW playing everyone on the roster!! Sometimes with 4 freshmen on the court!! So impressive. A whole different level from last year. ULL is very good and will likely win the Sunbelt so this will be a great rest for this young team.
GreenLantern
Riptide

localvb wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:51 pm People you have to get to the 7pm championship game vs ULL.
I watched Tulane just crush UIW playing everyone on the roster!! Sometimes with 4 freshmen on the court!! So impressive. A whole different level from last year. ULL is very good and will likely win the Sunbelt so this will be a great rest for this young team.
Wish I could go but I can't make this one. My wife and I are going to see Tony Bennett at the Saenger with a number of other really, really old people. Keep the posts coming from the game. Roll Wave!
localvb
High Tide

Tulane handled ULL much better than I thought. Really controlled the match with another 3-0 sweep! And a freshmen gets MVP Heidelberg. Probably the best athlete I’ve seen at
5-7. McHugh get Top Libero award by a mile. Was very impressed with sophomore Douglas who made all tournament and extremely impressed with freshmen Henigsman the new setter who made all tournament as well. Great start not dropping 1 set all weekend. 9-0 in sets!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:22 pm
localvb wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:51 pm People you have to get to the 7pm championship game vs ULL.
Wish I could go but I can't make this one. My wife and I are going to see Tony Bennett at the Saenger with a number of other really, really old people. Keep the posts coming from the game. Roll Wave!
I saw Tony and Lady Gaga perform a few years ago at Jazz Fest. Young crowd that day. ;)
Congrats to coach Barnes for a great start to the season.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

localvb wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:10 am Tulane handled ULL much better than I thought. Really controlled the match with another 3-0 sweep! And a freshmen gets MVP Heidelberg. Probably the best athlete I’ve seen at
5-7. McHugh get Top Libero award by a mile. Was very impressed with sophomore Douglas who made all tournament and extremely impressed with freshmen Henigsman the new setter who made all tournament as well. Great start not dropping 1 set all weekend. 9-0 in sets!!
Thanks for the report. Hope the lady Wave VB team has a great season.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
localvb
High Tide

Tulane blew out UNO last night in another 3-0 sweep. 12-0 in sets so far this season. Looks like they played everyone on the roster again and didn’t miss a beat. Stat sheet was filled up.
Big test at Georgia Tech tournament this Thursday/Friday.