OSU coach gets 3 game suspension

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:24 pm
What do you guys make of the 14 day timeline?
They need to make a decision to prepare for the season.

I don't see him getting fired. They will give him a 2-4 game suspension for lying during the B10 media day We play them week 4, the big question is how high they will value Meyer's presence for their week three matchup with TCU in Arlington.

Jaxwave
Swell

No way he gets suspended for lying to media. He simply says I was protecting privacy and didn’t know what he could say legally. If lying to the media becomes a suspendable affair, not many coaches will avoid suspensions!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:16 pm No way he gets suspended for lying to media. He simply says I was protecting privacy and didn’t know what he could say legally. If lying to the media becomes a suspendable affair, not many coaches will avoid suspensions!
C'mon...we all know this is " Fake News "......SNL is already rehearsing the skit for this week ends show
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

now onto some " real news "...If the Shoe fit's

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... t-one-game
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:52 pm now onto some " real news "...If the Shoe fit's

Those that argued long and hard for cost of attendance scholarships said these sort of violations would be less likely. How naive? I remember one UNLV basketball player, Greg Anthony, was warned that the T-Shirt company he started might lead to violations of NCAA rules. Anthony renounced his scholarship, ran his company and paid his own way at UNLV, going on to have a nice NBA career.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

where the hell is Gloria Alldead ?...and on a "high" note the marching two hundred, attended the "Urban Legend " rally at OSU...which lasted, according to ESPN about 45 minutes

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... llegations
Wave755
Tsunami

Vegas bets a suspension but no firing for Urban Meyer. https://www.elevenwarriors.com/skull-se ... ick-better

And, Joe Burrow is the new "great hope" of LSWho. And, I am old enough to remember when LSU OC Steve Ensminger was also the "second coming of Joe Namath." Ensminger quarterbacked LSWho in the big 1979 Tulane v. LSU Superdome game on national television, our QB was Dr. Roch Hontas. Dr. Roch won that showdown, and when Larry Smith left in the Spring of 1980 Hindman Wall then refused to hire Lindy Infante. :shakingno:

Miles Brennan, the lastest LSU "Super QB" is now out,
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:14 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:52 pm now onto some " real news "...If the Shoe fit's

Those that argued long and hard for cost of attendance scholarships said these sort of violations would be less likely. How naive? I remember one UNLV basketball player, Greg Anthony, was warned that the T-Shirt company he started might lead to violations of NCAA rules. Anthony renounced his scholarship, ran his company and paid his own way at UNLV, going on to have a nice NBA career.
If I am not mistaken, weren't there also UNLV hoops players that earned their real estate license and received "commissions" from commercial real estate transactions. They were technically a walk-on - Jerry Tarkanian was a genius.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:21 pm

If I am not mistaken, weren't there also UNLV hoops players that earned their real estate license and received "commissions" from commercial real estate transactions. They were technically a walk-on - Jerry Tarkanian was a genius.
"Tark the Shark" was a rule bending genius...from Long Beach State to UNLV
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:39 pm

And Tark the Shark did a whole lot of good things for kids that otherwise would have been given up on. Yes, he bent the rules, but if you look closely, a bunch of troubled teenagers got their lives together due to Tark.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:02 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:39 pm

And Tark the Shark did a whole lot of good things for kids that otherwise would have been given up on. Yes, he bent the rules, but if you look closely, a bunch of troubled teenagers got their lives together due to Tark.
D...I do not disagree with you...he bent them, but did not break them , and it drove the NCAA crazy.... One thing that I like about his Runnin' Rebels, they actually played Defense, that is why they were able to run so much...
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 pm
D...I do not disagree with you...he bent them, but did not break them , and it drove the NCAA crazy.... One thing that I like about his Runnin' Rebels, they actually played Defense, that is why they were able to run so much...
I always loved how he bit the towel. I wish I could carry a rolled up towel in my business life and bite it to prevent my mouth from overstepping my brain! (Maybe sometimes I need a Tark towel here, too!) :lol: :oops: :roll:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755
Tsunami

Urban Meyer investigation to go past initial timetable. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... spartandhp

And, who knows what might "pop-up" for this kind of investigation? Kenneth Star's investigation of Clinton began with the WhiteWater real estate deal and ended with a semen stain on Monica Lewinsky's blue drew and an allegation of perjury by Clinton for a civil deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment suit?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:00 am Urban Meyer investigation to go past initial timetable. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... spartandhp

And, who knows what might "pop-up" for this kind of investigation? Kenneth Star's investigation of Clinton began with the WhiteWater real estate deal and ended with a semen stain on Monica Lewinsky's blue drew and an allegation of perjury by Clinton for a civil deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment suit?
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... d-finished
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:00 am Urban Meyer investigation to go past initial timetable. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... spartandhp

...and here i thought this was a board about tulane athletics. My bad.
GreenLantern
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:08 pm

• Is Urban Meyer one of the most successful coaches in football whose presence (or lack thereof) could greatly influence the outcome of any game against Ohio State?
  • Did Wave755 link to an article in which facts are discussed that could well determine Urban Meyer's immediate future?
  • Is Ohio State a scheduled opponent for Tulane football this season?
If the answer to those three questions is yes, then many Tulane fans would (should) find the post quite germane to Tulane athletics.
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:09 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:08 pm

• Is Urban Meyer one of the most successful coaches in football whose presence (or lack thereof) could greatly influence the outcome of any game against Ohio State?
  • Did Wave755 link to an article in which facts are discussed that could well determine Urban Meyer's immediate future?
  • Is Ohio State a scheduled opponent for Tulane football this season?
If the answer to those three questions is yes, then many Tulane fans would (should) find the post quite germane to Tulane athletics.
Thank you GreenLantern, OSU is our 4th game of this season. Who knows how the Urban Meyer uncertainty will affect the Buckeyes? And, for better or worse, all of college football will be watching us when we play OSU on Saturday, September 22nd.
Dave breslin
Swell

I’d like to put a “stain” on Ohio States win/loss record
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:05 pm I’d like to put a “stain” on Ohio States win/loss record
That would be a MUCH bigger upset than LSU losing to Troy St. last year. Regardless of what happens to Urban Meyer. Tulane will be at least 3, possibly 4 or 5 touchdown underdogs, even if we go into the game 3-0, which is unlikely.

Which would make it even sweeter!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

for what it is worth...I spoke to someone who thinks they are connected to the OSU program, he tells me Urban will be reinstated by Friday
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:50 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:05 pm I’d like to put a “stain” on Ohio States win/loss record
That would be a MUCH bigger upset than LSU losing to Troy St. last year. Regardless of what happens to Urban Meyer. Tulane will be at least 3, possibly 4 or 5 touchdown underdogs, even if we go into the game 3-0, which is unlikely.

Which would make it even sweeter!
I agree about the 3 touchdown underdogs, and the only way that that would not happen would be if Ohio State lost to both Rutgers and Oregon State.
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am for what it is worth...I spoke to someone who thinks they are connected to the OSU program, he tells me Urban will be reinstated by Friday
I'm sure no one would be surprised at that. As Edwin Edwards famously stated about his own tenure, the only way to get rid of him would be to release pictures of him naked with either a dead girl or a live boy.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:51 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am for what it is worth...I spoke to someone who thinks they are connected to the OSU program, he tells me Urban will be reinstated by Friday
I'm sure no one would be surprised at that. As Edwin Edwards famously stated about his own tenure, the only way to get rid of him would be to release pictures of him naked with either a dead girl or a live boy.
but is or was Urban and ordained Baptist minister like ole Edwin ?,,

looks like Wednesday will be the day the Earth Stands Still..." Nikto...Klaatu...Barada "
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... rban-meyer