How Many Regular Season Games Will Tulane Win?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

How many regular season games do you think Tulane will win this year?

12-0
3%
11-1
3%
10-2
3%
9-3
3%
8-4
5%
7-5
33%
6-6
20%
5-7
25%
4-8
3%
3-9
5%
2-10
No votes
1-11
No votes
0-12
No votes

Total votes: 40
GreenLantern
Riptide

For extra credit, list the teams you predict Tulane will defeat.
TIE BREAKER: Guess the number of passing yards that Tanner Lee will have during the regular season for the Jaguars. :)

Here are my choices for games won: Nicholls, UAB, SMU, Tulsa, USF, ECU, Navy

TIEBREAKER: I think Tanner's TDs passing; interceptions thrown; and total yards passing will all be identical at ZERO.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

5-7 ....Nicholls, Tulsa, SMU, Cincy, ECU....with less than 6 point loses to USF, Houston, Navy and UAB
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aegis
High Tide

Wins: Wake, SMU, Nichols, Tulsa, Navy, ECU, UAB
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think after a slow start, we scratch and claw our way to 7 wins.

Nicholls, Cincinnati, SMU, Tulsa, ECU (why do tickets start at $50 for this game?) Houston and Navy. A hot Green Wave squad beats golfnut's Texas Tech squad in the Armed Forces Bowl.

Tanner Lee spends the season on a practice squad, but not with the Jaquars.

Y'all can mock this in late November/December! But anyone that doesn't post their predictions has no leg to stand on.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Dave breslin
Swell

I’m not a betting man, and what I want our record to be is 1-0. Outside of Ohio Blackeyes, I think we can compete with anyone on our schedule. But, back to the original question—-8 wins and 4 losses
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:19 pm I think after a slow start, we scratch and claw our way to 7 wins.

Nicholls, Cincinnati, SMU, Tulsa, ECU (why do tickets start at $50 for this game?) Houston and Navy. A hot Green Wave squad beats golfnut's Texas Tech squad in the Armed Forces Bowl.

Y'all can mock this in late November/December! But anyone that doesn't post their predictions has no leg to stand on.

ROLL WAVE!
D...I hope U are correct...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

5 wins: Tougher schedule this year. We beat Nicholls St, UAB, SMU, ECU and Navy. Last year we won only one road game so I kept that the same. (UAB). We also lost some key defenders. Every game is winnable but OSU.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

Wins: Nicholls, UAB, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa, Navy (last second game winning FG from 32 yds out that bounces off the left upright).
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wins are WF, Nicholls St., UAB, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa and ECU. Tanner puts up goose eggs in all categories.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

C'mon all you proficient posters out there. This is a thread we can have some fun with. Don't be chicken$**t and wait until after a game or two, your prognostications; at that point it will not be comparing apples to apples to those of us posting two weeks (+) before the first snap of the season. 18 people have voted, 10+ haven't told us where the wins come from. Nobody is going to get it all right. Take a chance. Grow a set!
RobertM320
Green Wave

6-6. Wins vs ,Nicholls St., UAB, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa and ECU.

Anything better than 6-6 will definitely include a W vs Wake Forest.

TIEBREAKER: 0's across the board, except he gets -2 yards rushing by taking a knee in a game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I say we win 5. We'll play up to good competition and down to bad. I just can't do specifics based on the past.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave755
Tsunami

We win 7 games - Wake Forest, Nicholls State, UAB, Cincinnati, SMU, Tulsa and East Carolina. I think WF will have us plenty of ready for Wake, it is imperative we win this one for setting the tenor for the rest of the season. Against Wake we need a UH second half like performance from Banks except for all 4 quarters. I think WF is confident enough for where Banks is now to open it up for our passing game. The Wake defense is suspect and I am hopeful we will have a big advantage at QB for the game.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:19 pm I think after a slow start, we scratch and claw our way to 7 wins.

ROLL WAVE!
I say 5, as I'm still not confident at how good Tulane's team will be overall (i.e. even if the offense improves, that won't matter much if the defense allows more points) or that WF can consistently defeat bad teams. That 5 will include some big wins (i.e. such as, but not specifically, Navy), but there will be some embarrassing losses in the 7 (i.e. such as, but not specifically, UAB).

EDIT- ECU is Tulane's homecoming game.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

So we jack up the prices for homecoming? Way to treat your alumni.

We will more than likely be underdogs at UAB.
galvezwave
Swell

7-6 and a bowl victory. For no other reason than simply we must. I believe willie will coach with urgency and the team will reflect.
Wins: Wake (I’m not buying in to them, they won’t be prepared
NSU, cinci, smu, ecu, Tulsa

That’s 6 teams I believe we’ll be better than straight up. That leaves Houston, UAB, USF and navy to get to 7. NO WAY we lose all 4 of those , right? RIGHT?

Adder: 3-0 out the gate would change everything.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Dear anonymous forum member who predicted a 12-0 season,

Please identify yourself so that we can all buy you drinks at season's end. But then, perhaps you've been drinking already.
BC Wave
Swell

7 wins
Wake
Nichols
UC
SMU
Tulsa
ECU
Navy

Close losses to UAB, USF, Memphis

Not so close losses to OSU, Memphis

Tanner Lee stats: 0 (arena League doesn’t count)
tufinal4
High Tide

8-4, wins over WF, Nicholls, UAB, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa, Navy & ECU. Tanner is all goose eggs.

LSU finishes 6-6, forced to play Tulane in the Birmingham Bowl, Greenies beat LSU 48-7 with a 4th quarter fake field goal to match the 1981 score. Joe Alleva is shot outside the stadium and hospitalized at UAB medical center, where he is visited by the LSU president and fired while recuperating.

The next LSU AD offers to resume the baseball series in exchange for continuation of football camps in lieu of Texas, but Big 12 has begun discussions with Tulane leadership and the Greenies therefore decline & switch to co-hosting football camps with Bevo.
nawlinspete
Riptide

tufinal4 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:04 am 8-4, wins over WF, Nicholls, UAB, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa, Navy & ECU. Tanner is all goose eggs.

LSU finishes 6-6, forced to play Tulane in the Birmingham Bowl, Greenies beat LSU 48-7 with a 4th quarter fake field goal to match the 1981 score. Joe Alleva is shot outside the stadium and hospitalized at UAB medical center, where he is visited by the LSU president and fired while recuperating.

The next LSU AD offers to resume the baseball series in exchange for continuation of football camps in lieu of Texas, but Big 12 has begun discussions with Tulane leadership and the Greenies therefore decline & switch to co-hosting football camps with Bevo.

From your ..pen.. to....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
netshorty
Surge

5 wins
Nichols, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa, ECU
Ruski
Swell

Wake -W
Nicholls -W
@UAB -W
@Ohio St. -L
Memphis -L
@Cincy -L
SMU -W
@Tulsa -W
@USF -L
ECU -W
@Houston -L
Navy -W

7-5. Wake and UAB will tell us everything we need to know.

Nicholls, ECU, Tulsa are the only ones I feel super confident about.

Wake, UAB, Cincy, SMU, USF, Navy are all tossups. so anywhere between 3-9 and 9-3 seems easily conceivable.

Ohio State, Memphis, Houston feel firmly as L's. Memphis being at home could give us some hope. Although Houston and Ohio State have coaching concerns the talent gap seems too wide.
Ruski
Swell

:lol: :lol: :lol:
tufinal4 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:04 am 8-4, wins over WF, Nicholls, UAB, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa, Navy & ECU. Tanner is all goose eggs.

Bigschtick
Riptide

netshorty wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:12 am 5 wins
Nichols, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa, ECU

I say six wins and include UAB.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
swampnik
Surge

I chose 7-5 cause I feel postive for Wf and team this year.The first THREE games will be key though: win against Wake and we could easily go 8-4; lose to Wake and win at UAB should have us around 6-6 and bowling at year's end.
Can only wish the best for Tanner and I think the Jags will give him some minutes in last pre-season game to prove himself.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)