Freddy Canteen - Out for the Season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ArtVandelay
Ripple

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Really sorry to hear that. He just can't seem to shake the injury bug.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The position is getting hit hard with injuries:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 62589.html
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
AugWave
Swell

Bruuhhhhhhh. I feel so bad for the kid.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 pm The position is getting hit hard with injuries:

ya mean it makes a difference,,,,everyone knows we only RUN the ball, ( or so they think ) !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:24 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:06 pm The position is getting hit hard with injuries:

ya mean it makes a difference,,,,everyone knows we only RUN the ball, ( or so they think ) !!!!
Ha. We have people here who think all we should do is run.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:01 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Ha. We have people here who think all we should do is run.
as Darryl Royal once said...Three things can happen when U throw the football...and two of'em are bad !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

A wise man once said there are three things that can happen when you run the ball- you can gain yards, you can lose yards or you could fumble.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:01 pm Ha. We have people here who think all we should do is run.
Who?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

This really sucks. And the article says that WR Kevin Ledee is out for the season as well due to injury. I know its a deep position, but we're not talented enough to lose players.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

We wasted a scholarship on damaged goods, Canteen. WF should have known better. Shame on him.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 pm We wasted a scholarship on damaged goods, Canteen. WF should have known better. Shame on him.
Gamble worth taking. Saban passed on Drew Brees for the same reason. Shame on him.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:14 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 pm We wasted a scholarship on damaged goods, Canteen. WF should have known better. Shame on him.
Gamble worth taking. Saban passed on Drew Brees for the same reason. Shame on him.
Definitely worth a shot and he might be back next year as well.

Not sure how a guy coming off surgery at the QB position in the NFL is relevant. At the same time there is a Drew Brees FA singing, there r plenty that go very wrong and turn into a waste of time and $. But whatever. I suppose the Tanner Lee folks spent a lot of time talking about how Tom Brady was also a lesser known late round B10 QB just like good old Tanner. I am sure Lee will be a SB champ in time just like TB12. Right? Just put one outlier out there to make the argument work. So lazy.
wave97
Swell

Isn't a torn labrum a separated shoulder?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:21 am Isn't a torn labrum a separated shoulder?
That is one of many types of shoulder labrum tears. It can also be, among other things, a torn "rotator cuff." I've had that type of tear and it's painful for a few weeks, and makes it hard to sleep for a long time.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/labral-t ... um-2549805
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:57 am
Show Me wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:14 pm
Definitely worth a shot and he might be back next year as well.

Not sure how a guy coming off surgery at the QB position in the NFL is relevant. At the same time there is a Drew Brees FA singing, there r plenty that go very wrong and turn into a waste of time and $. But whatever. I suppose the Tanner Lee folks spent a lot of time talking about how Tom Brady was also a lesser known late round B10 QB just like good old Tanner. I am sure Lee will be a SB champ in time just like TB12. Right? Just put one outlier out there to make the argument work. So lazy.
When you argue with an idiot you have to get on the same level so he may understand. My intent was to get on Pete’s level and that’s why the lazy analysis. We agree on the gamble.