Saw this coming when we left the Dome LSU in NOLA

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU scheduled to play FSU at the Superdome
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... t=headline
LSU and Florida State will play a pair of neutral site games in 2022 and 2023, according to a report Thursday by college football reporter Brett McMurphy.

McMurphy wrote that the Tigers and Seminoles will play in 2022 in New Orleans and 2023 in Orlando, Florida.
They also working on a deal with Clemson
A report last week from the Greenville (South Carolina) News quoted Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich as saying his school is working on a game or games with LSU, either with a home-and-home series or a neutral site game.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

I didn’t see how Tulane leaving the dome has anything to do with it.
Pepper
Swell

galvezwave wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:11 am I didn’t see how Tulane leaving the dome has anything to do with it.
Maybe from a scheduling standpoint. I just hope we are are on the road when they play at the Dome.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:11 am I didn’t see how Tulane leaving the dome has anything to do with it.
Easy. The Dome has the ability now to go out and replace the 5 to 6 dates we once filled. Just one P5 capacity crowd would likely come close or surpass the entire revenue for our 5 to 6 home dates. Plus that will be on prime time TV nationwide. A revenue boost for the city. Would be like a bowl game only bigger than the NOLA Bowl. Surprise it took them this long to schedule it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 am
Easy. The Dome has the ability now to go out and replace the 5 to 6 dates we once filled. Just one P5 capacity crowd would likely come close or surpass the entire revenue for our 5 to 6 home dates. Plus that will be on prime time TV nationwide. A revenue boost for the city. Would be like a bowl game only bigger than the NOLA Bowl. Surprise it took them this long to schedule it.
Yep, and thanks for nothing, Scott Cowen.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yes many of us said this when we left. As long as the Dome was our Home Stadium other schools could not play there without our permission. It is surprising the Dome didn't jump on this right after we left.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

LSU will lose money versus playing the games in Tiger Stadium. The dome will cost them rent and other expenses (travel, hotel, etc.) and it has about 30,000 less seats. But it is a kick in the teeth of Tulane.

End the joint camps immediately. And be sure to ask the AAC to either put us on the road when they're playing in the Dome or make that our bye week.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They'll make their money. It won't be a matter of giving up a home game . They'll still get their usual number of those. This avoids a road game against a quality opponent and get them on what will turn out to be home turf.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:44 pm They'll make their money. It won't be a matter of giving up a home game . They'll still get their usual number of those. This avoids a road game against a quality opponent and get them on what will turn out to be home turf.
There's no limit to the amount of home games a team can have in a season. Well, I guess there is since you only get 4 OOC games and 1/2 your conference games are on the road. But certainly they'd make more money if it were played in Tiger Stadium, no doubt.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Cajuns and Mississippi State open up their seasons next year in the Dome, 31 August. Should be a decent crowd, especially if Napier has a good year this year.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There is a limit. It was 7 for a long time. Not sure if that changed when things went to 12 games. They'll make money and not have to play another game on the road. That rule is why we got to play LSU in NOLA in 1973 after also being the home team in 1972 b/c they had scheduled too many home games.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:49 pm Cajuns and Mississippi State open up their seasons next year in the Dome, 31 August. Should be a decent crowd, especially if Napier has a good year this year.
:lolgreen:
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:59 pm
cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:49 pm Cajuns and Mississippi State open up their seasons next year in the Dome, 31 August. Should be a decent crowd, especially if Napier has a good year this year.
What's so funny.......the decent crowd part or Napier having a good season?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:06 pm
Wave755 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:59 pm
What's so funny.......the decent crowd part or Napier having a good season?
The Napier part is funny. The decent crowd part will have everything to do with Miss St fans looking for a trip to NOLA and nothing to do with who they're playing. It could be MSU vs Nicholls State for that matter. Of course, Cajun fans will probably come because this will be like their bowl game. Their one and only chance this season to go to the big city.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tufinal4
High Tide

The Dome is for rent, if we want to play a game there we just have to pay the same rent as LSU or ULL. Why would we do that.

For other reasons (cancellation of baseball series) we should either collect our $750k or our home football game owed by LSU for cancelling the football series. Also should cancel the football camp deal and switch to Texas. The baseball series was the only leverage LSU had to avoid those things. Now they removed their leverage.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:49 pm There is a limit. It was 7 for a long time. Not sure if that changed when things went to 12 games. They'll make money and not have to play another game on the road. That rule is why we got to play LSU in NOLA in 1973 after also being the home team in 1972 b/c they had scheduled too many home games.
Clearly, you didn't read my entire post. You argue the same point I make. And yes, I've known for years why the Tulane vs LSU game in 73 was in the old Stadium.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tufinal4 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:13 pm The Dome is for rent, if we want to play a game there we just have to pay the same rent as LSU or ULL. Why would we do that.

For other reasons (cancellation of baseball series) we should either collect our $750k or our home football game owed by LSU for cancelling the football series. Also should cancel the football camp deal and switch to Texas. The baseball series was the only leverage LSU had to avoid those things. Now they removed their leverage.
I agree on all of this. And I'd make LSU play us in Yulman.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I read it and you're wrong. The NCAA does have a limit on the number of home games. It's not forced by the schedule. You can play 3 of your OOC's at home which would be 7 and the limit. So like I said this way they can play their 7 and then play a marquee game in a world renowned stadium and make a lot of money they wouldn't make with that one OOC on the road. Then of course there's the exposure this game will get due to the setting.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm
tufinal4 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:13 pm The Dome is for rent, if we want to play a game there we just have to pay the same rent as LSU or ULL. Why would we do that.

It's been said elsewhere that RD took a check for that missed game so it's over. The amount is unknown.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:29 pm I read it and you're wrong. The NCAA does have a limit on the number of home games. It's not forced by the schedule. You can play 3 of your OOC's at home which would be 7 and the limit. So like I said this way they can play their 7 and then play a marquee game in a world renowned stadium and make a lot of money they wouldn't make with that one OOC on the road. Then of course there's the exposure this game will get due to the setting.
Ok Mr Always Right:
Well, I guess there is since you only get 4 OOC games and 1/2 your conference games are on the road. But certainly they'd make more money if it were played in Tiger Stadium, no doubt.
Even you, in an earlier post, said you're not sure if the limit has gone up from 7, which we all know it was years ago, but the landscape has changed and MANY rules have changed to help the P5 schools make more money.

Then again, I said
LSU will lose money versus playing the games in Tiger Stadium. The dome will cost them rent and other expenses (travel, hotel, etc.) and it has about 30,000 less seats.
You've argued that point as well Yes, they'll make money, but not nearly as much as if they played FSU in Tiger Stadium. How can you argue that?

Go ahead and have the last word as you ALWAYS must have. I'm tired of this senseless dribble. You wore me out, which is how you typically "win" your arguments.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No I win b/c I'm right. The point is LSU gets their full allotment of 7 home games and then gets this so called neutral site game that amounts to a home game and gets to make a good deal of money. Don't see how you don't get it.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:31 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm

It's been said elsewhere that RD took a check for that missed game so it's over. The amount is unknown.
I think the check was to reschedule a game so LSU could play someone else in a neutral site opener on national TV. I believe they still owe us a game in New Orleans.
https://www.nola.com/300/2017/11/lsu-tu ... 32017.html
The contract was cancelled after the 2009 game, with the two sides promising to play one game, at an unspecified future date, in New Orleans. That game has yet to happen -- and the once-heated rivalry has grown decidedly cooler every year since.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Michigan made $6mm playing FL in Jerry Dome, I am guessing LSU will do just fine in the SuperDome.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsspo ... llion/amp/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 pm Michigan made $6mm playing FL in Jerry Dome, I am guessing LSU will do just fine in the SuperDome.

Except the Jerry Dome is about the size, seat wise as Tiger Stadium. The Dome ihas 30K less seats. I'm not saying they won't make money, but FSU would be close to, if not a sellout in Red Stick, where LSU keeps EVERY penny. Parking, concessions, ticket sales, etc. I get that it's a great deal for LSU, and it's a virtual home game. But it's not the same as hosting in their own "death valley."

I wonder if we were to play someone like, say, Alabama or Notre Dame in the SuperDome if the NCAA would consider it a neutral site game? Both of those teams would bring more fans into the SuperDome.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:04 pm Michigan made $6mm playing FL in Jerry Dome, I am guessing LSU will do just fine in the SuperDome.

Ya don't say. :mrgreen: