Dannen drop kicks a C-USA hornet's nest

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
cajunfanatico
Swell

LOL, boy did he stir 'em up.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-854016.html

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DrBox
Riptide

He upset some southern miss fans upset. Big deal.
Conferences are about institutions and resources.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The comments on that board is that Tulane was a drag on C=USA. I can understand that. but also have to point out how Tulane won the first ever CUSA football game, and in 1998 were the highest ranked team any CUSA team ever achieved. I'm so glad we're out of that league, which has become a cesspool.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DrBox
Riptide

We spent 1 year in the New C-USA and made a bowl; we had equal or better teams in 2014, 16 and 17, but simply played much more difficult schedules.
2015 was probably as good as 2013 too, but they just gave up and packed it in.
wave97
Swell

DrBox wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:03 am We spent 1 year in the New C-USA and made a bowl; we had equal or better teams in 2014, 16 and 17, but simply played much more difficult schedules.
2015 was probably as good as 2013 too, but they just gave up and packed it in.
How.long would you have held up with that clown show? How many games of the offense hanging 100+ snaps on the defense?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

As we all know, the AAC is much stronger and tougher than C-USA. And it's practically in a different division from the Sunbelt. Now for this to mean anything, Tulane needs to start winning in the AAC, and winning games against these lesser G5 conference schools. UAB is a big game, and one we need to make a statement on. It's far from a gimme, especially since it's a road game.

Being in a stronger conference is nice, but we need to make noise in the AAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TD or anyone else associated with Tulane, need not make any disparaging remarks regarding any school or conference, because some cannot handle the truth, including those at Tulane !!
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

TD just gave UAB locker room material not good.
Wavefan
Trickle

The usm fans are very bitter that we improved our lot and they are stuck in cusa. It is not on field performance that held usm back. They are just broke.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wavefan wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm The usm fans are very bitter that we improved our lot and they are stuck in cusa. It is not on field performance that held usm back. They are just broke.
And they're located in the middle of nowhere TV-wise. They just bring nothing to the table for moving to a better conference.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:42 am TD just gave UAB locker room material not good.
wait...ya mean they can read ???...fyi...they already have a W by Tulane

complete UAB / Transfer U schedule and roster

https://uabsports.com/news/2018/1/23/ua ... edule.aspx
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:47 am
Wavefan wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm The usm fans are very bitter that we improved our lot and they are stuck in cusa. It is not on field performance that held usm back. They are just broke.
And they're located in the middle of nowhere TV-wise. They just bring nothing to the table for moving to a better conference.
Some of the people on their board trash New Orleans. Like Hatttiesburg is someplace special? I would bet most that comment on New Orleans have never set foot uptown, or on campus.
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:23 am TD or anyone else associated with Tulane, need not make any disparaging remarks regarding any school or conference, because some cannot handle the truth, including those at Tulane !!

Thats for sure!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I was looking at a UAB board yesterday and what I read was indicative of actually a pretty fair minded group. They have us as one of their more more difficult matchups realizing we are on the way up and return a lot of offensive weapons. Not that they were stroking our egos excessively but it was one of the few times I’ve seen a little respect payed to us on an opponents board. UAB has a challenging schedule. . . for a Conference USA team.
Dupergreenie
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:13 pm LOL, boy did he stir 'em up.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-854016.html
Dude your AD would sell his soul to get USL in to C-USA. Cant you go troll the USL board?