Tulane/LSU baseball series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 am My biggest concern would be LSU refuses to come to NOLA and play us. That would cost Tulane it’s biggest baseball payday and would really hurt our baseball program. Counting ticket sales, suite sales, parking and concessions we probably gross in the $125,00-$150,000 ballpark for this one game. They’ve done it in basketball and football already. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did it in baseball.
Exactly what I said would happen.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:45 am
tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:22 am My biggest concern would be LSU refuses to come to NOLA and play us. That would cost Tulane it’s biggest baseball payday and would really hurt our baseball program. Counting ticket sales, suite sales, parking and concessions we probably gross in the $125,00-$150,000 ballpark for this one game. They’ve done it in basketball and football already. Wouldn’t be surprised if they did it in baseball.
Are you breaking news here?
Wave755
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:15 am
Just googled it and found nothing?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I guess we’ll see. Sad thing is it could have easily been avoided.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

So you’re not breaking news?
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:24 am
Is this what happens when you win 5 of the last 6? But TPS, you know of nothing official yet, correct?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:27 am So you’re not breaking news?
I’ll let the media break it.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:30 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:24 am
Is this what happens when you win 5 of the last 6? But TPS, you know of nothing official yet, correct?
I guess it becomes official when the 2019 schedule is announced. Of course we want to play them but we gave them a reason to pull out.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

It could have been avoided by us not sucking and also not refusing to televise the game last year. Colossal fuckup by Dannen if this is true.
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:42 am It could have been avoided by us not sucking and also not refusing to televise the game last year. Colossal fuckup by Dannen if this is true.
He killed baseball at his last stop sure looks like he’s on his way doing the same here. Who kills a 100 year rivalry going into their 3rd year at a school?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:42 am It could have been avoided by us not sucking and also not refusing to televise the game last year. Colossal fuckup by Dannen if this is true.
Sucks big time as a longtime Tulane fan. The one game I look forward to playing every year. The one rivalry that remained with them was baseball.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:59 am
Sucks big time as a longtime Tulane fan. The one game I look forward to playing every year. The one rivalry that remained with them was baseball.
while I do not agree with TD's decision, good ole Joey "Azzhole' Alleva ...or as he is know in North Carolina , Joey " guilty until proven innocent' Alleva, strikes again .... make no mistake cancelling the Tulane series will get lot's of push back from the LSU fans and media ...this could be the straw that tickles a "strippers backside' and gets him fired.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:50 pm
while I do not agree with TD's decision, good ole Joey "Azzhole' Alleva ...or as he is know in North Carolina , Joey " guilty until proven innocent' Alleva, strikes again .... make no mistake cancelling the Tulane series will get lot's of push back from the LSU fans and media ...this could be the straw that tickles a "strippers backside' and gets him fired.....
I don’t think so. LSU fans(which includes the media) have been wanting to cancel the Tulane baseball series. They don’t like that we charge ridiculous prices for the game and then this year we don’t even televise it. They’ll be thrilled. They believe Tulane baseball couldn’t survive without them and they’d love to see this:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:50 pm
Yes Alleva’s decision here but it hurts us. Personally I saw it coming. LSU dealing from a position of strength. So when Tulane declined TV it didn’t sit well with Alleva. So now we get this. Alleva gets last say.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

Yes Alleva’s decision here but it hurts us. Personally I saw it coming. LSU dealing from a position of strength. So when Tulane declined TV it didn’t sit well with Alleva. So now we get this. Alleva gets last say.
Agree totally. Other than a pay day, we get nothing out of this. We aren't getting any of their recruits. To replace their bump in rpi, we will be forced to go on the road for a mid-week game against another top 20 program. It sure appears our AD is trying to go out of his way to shelve baseball.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Funny. I was reading their board and they want to replace us with USM. That’s who I thought we could replace them with.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:41 pm Funny. I was reading their board and they want to replace us with USM. That’s who I thought we could replace them with.
We’ll probably replace them Southern. :oops:
LSU going to be loaded next year. Dumb on that reason alone to drop the Wave now. I wonder how many of our games will be on TV next year? :x
msdos
Swell

This deserves its own thread.

This is a colossal fuckup by Dannen and he should be raked over the coals. Y'all can blame Alleva all you want but this is 100% on Dannen. TPS called it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

msdos wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:20 pm This deserves its own thread.

This is a colossal fuckup by Dannen and he should be raked over the coals. Y'all can blame Alleva all you want but this is 100% on Dannen. TPS called it.
When the media picks it up. I’ll move this to a new thread.
We gave LSU a reason to quit playing us at Turchin. That’s why I cringed when we told LSU no TV. I knew Alleva wouldn’t stand for it.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:41 pm Funny. I was reading their board and they want to replace us with USM. That’s who I thought we could replace them with.
Bring on Vegas, Baby....as in StarkVegas !!!!!...better yet....an idea for the ages, Tulane and UNO team up for a tag team baseball match against Auburn and 'Bama...or Texas and TCU...shades of the bush challenge...this is a "no brainer" for Dixie Beer to sponsor...play all games at the shrine on airline, one ticket is an all day pass ...really wanna piss off LSU make it a triple header and include Southeastern, then add an additional road team...you can either get pisser or the pissee...time to make a decision
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
kookingkajun
Low Tide

Do you really think that is going to piss off LSU? They already play 3 of those teams that you mentioned. They have their own 4 team tourney early in the season already. Why split the gate at The Shrine when they get 90% at home plus concessions.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Home and home over. Started playing each other in 1893. I skimmed through the history and we’ve played one another each year since 1911. Only broken up a few years when Tulane didn't field a team or the record was unavailable. (1917, 1918, 1920, 1921, 1922, 1931, 1933, 1934, 1935 and 1936)
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

kookingkajun wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:54 pm Do you really think that is going to piss off LSU? They already play 3 of those teams that you mentioned. They have their own 4 team tourney early in the season already. Why split the gate at The Shrine when they get 90% at home plus concessions.
The teams do not matter...bring in UCLA, Stanford and So Cal...Michigan, Michigan St,Wright State....Oklahoma, OSU and Oral Roberts.... any mid west school would love to come to NOLA in April to get the hell out of the snow and get some games in...that is why "Spring Training" is held in Florida and Arizona...ya get some big name teams and exposure in different parts of the country
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Dannen the Yankee DOES NOT UNDERSTAND how things work down here! This is a gigantic screw up and will cost us $$$$ just to satisfy his ego.......disgusted with Dannen in this matter !!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt he screwed up here. He's got to fix his own mess up.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.