David Pierce

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Green Wave

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:33 pm

The biggest issue many Coaches had with interviewing for the UT job, there was no AD in place...Perrin was a stopgap until a new AD was hired, would you put your future on getting hired by a Houston Lawyer without one hell of a guaranteed contract that UT was not going to offer..several Coaches may have wanted the job, but they also wanted to be hired by the man they would be working for..the UT Prez was in China and really did not give too much of a krap what was going on
Last edited by golfnut69 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Riptide

Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 pm

Most of the coaches agents just used the Texas opening to get a raise. Paul Mainieri one of those. Easy money.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Show Me wrote:
Most of the coaches agents just used the Texas opening to get a raise. Paul Mainieri one of those. Easy money.
Not saying it wasn't a ploy to get a richer contract, but Mainieri went to Austin and interviewed for the job, according to one of the articles (linked) in this thread.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Show Me wrote:
Yet UT landed a coach of the year at a fraction of the cost of Coach PM at LSU? Oh and one may have made a CWS this year, the other was playing golf. So whats ur point?
golfnut69
Green Wave

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:45 pm
Show Me wrote:
Yet UT landed a coach of the year at a fraction of the cost of Coach PM at LSU? Oh and one may have made a CWS this year, the other was playing golf. So whats ur point?
DP was named coach of the year ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Tsunami

Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:56 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm
DP was named coach of the year ?
'nut, yes, he was. NATIONAL Coach of the Year, adding onto his Big 12 Coach of the Year award.

Scroll up and see TPS's post about his resume, click the link. He's done nothing short of amazing things in two years in Austin.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

golfnut69
Green Wave

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:16 pm

D1 Baseball named Texas Tech's Tim Tadlock National Coach of the Year
https://d1baseball.com/awards/2018-coac ... m-tadlock/
DfromCT
Tsunami

Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Congrats to Tim Tadlock.

David Pierce was named Coach of the Year by Baseball America. There's no shortage of CotY awards. You're clearly not a David Pierce fan. I am. So it goes.

golfnut69
Green Wave

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 pm
golfnut69 wrote:
Congrats to Tim Tadlock.

David Pierce was named Coach of the Year by Baseball America. There's no shortage of CotY awards. You're clearly not a David Pierce fan. I am. So it goes.
Dave...I have no ill feelings toward DP, hell if you can't win at UT then you are not much of a Coach...The Stadium is beautiful, although not really on campus...the co-eds are nice on the eyes,
( just ask Major Applewhite ).....and they have a course of study for everyone with a pulse !!!