RIP Bill Curl

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bill passed away today at the age of 77. Bill was one of the greatest employees Tulane had ever had hands-down. Until recently he would attend Tulane baseball games. But his health soon declined and he wasn’t able to make it out to the park. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and two sons and daughters in this time of sorrow. Great guy I sure will miss him.
No knock on other Tulane SID’s but IMO
Bill was far and away the greatest sports information director Tulane has ever had.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:30 am Bill passed away today at the age of 77. Bill was one of the greatest employees Tulane had ever had hands-down. Until recently he would attend Tulane baseball games. But his health soon declined and he wasn’t able to make it out to the park. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and two sons in this time of sorrow. Great guy I sure will miss him.
No knock on other Tulane SID’s but IMO
Bill was far and away the greatest sports information director Tulane has ever had.
A HUGE plus 1 from me...Mister Curl was the best Tulane has ever had, and many forget he was the "color' man on radio broadcast for several years... the World, has lost a fine resident
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

Sorry to hear. Prof Curl taught the only journalism course, sportswriting, offered at Tulane when I was there. I took it with Hot Rod and the other hoops players. For our "final," we watched a TU game at the gym, and afterward Hot Rod, the team and I sat in the stands and wrote our gamers. Good times!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Very sad to hear it. He was easily the best and such a good guy.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:55 pm Sorry to hear. Prof Curl taught the only journalism course, sportswriting, offered at Tulane when I was there. I took it with Hot Rod and the other hoops players. For our "final," we watched a TU game at the gym, and afterward Hot Rod, the team and I sat in the stands and wrote our gamers. Good times!
Good story. Thanks for sharing it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here’s a sad story I heard from Bill . We were at a Sugar Bowl awards banquet seated at the same table. Bill had mentioned his friendship with my late dad during the time he covered Tulane for the States Item. When it came time to gather info for writing his book “The Green Wave” the first person my dad got back in touch was Bill. Bill told me back in those days he had a small office inside the old Tulane stadium. It mostly consisted of filing cabinets jammed wall to wall with Tulane pictures, records and other important documents of the past dating back to the 1800’s. Well after it was decided that the stadium would be torn down Bill meticulously packed all his filing cabinets into many boxes that were moved to the Monk Simons building once it was completed. However sometime after Bill left a Tulane administrator wanted to make room and decided to throw all the files away. So needless to say Bill had to give my dad other names of sources to gather historical information needed for the book. Only at Tulane.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Lights off at the Dome and Arena in his honor:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 58092.html
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:04 pm Here’s a sad story I heard from Bill .
:wallbash: I almost wish you hadn't shared that story. RIP Bill Curl
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I met Bill in the mid 80's when I began working on the Tulane radio broadcast and he was the color man... Bill treated everyone alike, which meant YOU were important and to be respected.....and he had an interest in what YOU had to say....something that has been lost in today's society.....Ed Daniels wrote....."A Pro's, Pro"......the ultimate compliment....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:37 am I met Bill in the mid 80's when I began working on the Tulane radio broadcast and he was the color man... Bill treated everyone alike, which meant YOU were important and to be respected.....and he had an interest in what YOU had to say....something that has been lost in today's society.....Ed Daniels wrote....."A Pro's, Pro"......the ultimate compliment....
Amazing Golf you used the exact description my of my mom. When I told her he had passed her exact response, “So sorry to hear this he was a very nice man and always he made me feel important “.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

A celebration of Bill's life will be held tonite at "Rock n Bowl between 6 and 9 pm .. I wish I lived closer
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:20 pm A celebration of Bill's life will be held tonite at "Rock n Bowl between 6 and 9 pm .. I wish I lived closer
Damn. I just saw this. I would have went had I known.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Great article about the celebration of Bill Curl's life can be read here:

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2 ... iver_index
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:51 pm Great article about the celebration of Bill Curl's life can be read here:

https://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2 ... iver_index
D,,,Thanks so much for the "link"...Bill will be missed... I hope Tulane steps up to honor this man with some type of lasting tribute..." Bill Curl SID Offices"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good stuff in both articles. Thanks guys.