Jake Gautreau

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
McWave
High Tide

wavemania...i am glad we hired DP and staff. I am sure Jake has a different view. But DP pushed Jake out the door not Tulane. TJ opened the door. Jake choose not to enter. His choice. Not problem.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
msdos
Swell

Man...what coulda been...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to MSU hitting coach Jake G. The Bulldogs advance to a Super Regional thanks mostly to their hitting and run scoring during this Regional run. Today they got both great pitching and hitting to close it out. They will travel to Vandy for the Super.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jake one win away from a CWS! Incredible game. This Walk-Off Hr wins it.
https://twitter.com/ncaacws/status/1005 ... 59232?s=21
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

I said to my wife right before he hit it they better not throw him a breaking ball.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Pepper
Swell

One can only dream but I would love to see Goat, Latham & AC running our program.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 am One can only dream but I would love to see Goat, Latham & AC running our program.
That would be awesome, I'm sure we'd be competing at minimum for a regional most years.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:00 am
Pepper wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 am One can only dream but I would love to see Goat, Latham & AC running our program.
That would be awesome, I'm sure we'd be competing at minimum for a regional most years.
Still tough to recruit at Tulane due to high tuition and academics. Miss St can literally take anybody.
Pepper
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:50 am
Still tough to recruit at Tulane due to high tuition and academics. Miss St can literally take anybody.
No question abut that. We should be competitive though..
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:09 am
Vandy... Duke... TCU.. So Cal...Miami...Stanford....Stetson...Baylor...ORU... Dallas Baptist...Purdue...St Johns...Gonzaga.... ALL are Private Schools.....the difference, they understand the value Athletics plays in PR !!!!...Athletics, especially SUCCESSFUL ATHLETICS, is by far the cheapest PR any school can employ....and don't forget ,to play at ORU U have to pay and be religious !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
billow
High Tide

Purdue is not a private school, Notre Dame in Indiana is, not Purdue.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to Jake. CWS bound in his first year as Miss St hitting coach. Great recovery from a tough start to the season. Wow!
Dogs win 2 of 3 at Vandy to advance. Final 10-6 in 11 innings.
Open up with Washington in Omaha.

https://twitter.com/kendallrogers/statu ... 21056?s=21
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats Jake!
Miss St wins 1-0 walk-off single bottom ninth. JP was one inning away from getting the win.
The announcers said how well respected Jake is nationally among his peers. Good stuff!

Side note:
Kyle Peterson was Rick Jones first recruiting visit when he got the Tulane job. Although we didn’t get him and Stanford did he stayed close to Rick. Kyle now owns D1 baseball he bought it two years ago.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Incredible offensive performance today by State. The are owning #6 NC 12-2 going to the 9th. Gautreau deserves a ton of credit for this. Should they hold on here they will be one win from the CWS finals.
Pepper
Swell

Show Me wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:24 pm Incredible offensive performance today by State. The are owning #6 NC 12-2 going to the 9th. Gautreau deserves a ton of credit for this. Should they hold on here they will be one win from the CWS finals.
He won't be an assistant for long.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The move to Miss St has turned out great for Jake. Hopefully it continues for him.
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:16 am
Pepper wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:09 am
Vandy... Duke... TCU.. So Cal...Miami...Stanford....Stetson...Baylor...ORU... Dallas Baptist...Purdue...St Johns...Gonzaga.... ALL are Private Schools.....the difference, they understand the value Athletics plays in PR !!!!...Athletics, especially SUCCESSFUL ATHLETICS, is by far the cheapest PR any school can employ....and don't forget ,to play at ORU U have to pay and be religious !!!!
The long and the short of it is that Tulane has had a unique storm of circumstances that have left it where it is today, and, because of that storm, it would be difficult to directly compare Tulane with those schools in terms of athletics.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Rough series for MSU's offense. In three of the four games they only scored a total of 5 runs. Can't win like that. JP , who could never crack the starting rotation there , was only called on to throw one inning.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 pm Rough series for MSU's offense. In three of the four games they only scored a total of 5 runs. Can't win like that. JP , who could never crack the starting rotation there , was only called on to throw one inning.
He only pitched one inning because he experienced shoulder pain. Hopefully it’s not serious. State got thrown out twice at second with runners on to end the inning. OSU had superior talent. I believe they will sweep Ark.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Can't have that happen when you only get 4 hits.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:44 am
winwave wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 pm Rough series for MSU's offense. In three of the four games they only scored a total of 5 runs. Can't win like that. JP , who could never crack the starting rotation there , was only called on to throw one inning.
He only pitched one inning because he experienced shoulder pain. Hopefully it’s not serious. State got thrown out twice at second with runners on to end the inning. OSU had superior talent. I believe they will sweep Ark.
OSU was so dominant in the regional and super I thought they would breeze to the final. Miss St played an amazing month and a half of baseball. Hats off to Jake and the Bulldogs.