Basketball Recruiting -- 2018

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Highwave
Low Tide

Appears he injured his hand:

"Walker was sidelined during part of non-conference play due to torn ligaments in his hand, and after returning the 6-foot freshman briefly left the team due to frustrations over playing time."

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com ... eton-hall/

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:07 am
Ruski wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 11:24 pm Walker official
https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/statu ... 7226936320 1 year ago he was rated #135 in the country by rivals. very nice get.
He’ll sit one and play one because he’s going pro after that. He’s Dunleavy’s best recruit to date. Tulane scored big on this kid. Too bad he can’t play immediately.
Let's not declare him for the 2020 draft quite yet. Keep in mind he had a tough time finding playing time at Seton Hall.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

YouTube loaded with video of him. He reminds me of Pointer Williams. Great point guard quick as a cat but a little small.
Here’s some
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looks like he's got good ball handling skills. He also has nice form on his shot to go with a quick release. The concern is that he's small. He's listed at 5'11",175 on SH's site so he's likely 5'9",160-165. Hope he can handle it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's some insight to the what the connections are in this commit:
https://twitter.com/daves_joint/status/ ... 4519610368 https://twitter.com/daves_joint/status/ ... 5989423106
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's a nice little two minute video montage of our 4 recruits for this year, done by WDSU TV. (Moses Wood, Connor Crabtree, Kevin Zhang and Jordan Walker) I know its just highlights but at least it looks like they all can shoot.
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 3882162176
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:54 pm Here's a nice little two minute video montage of our 4 recruits for this year, done by WDSU TV. (Moses Wood, Connor Crabtree, Kevin Zhang and Jordan Walker) I know its just highlights but at least it looks like they all can shoot.
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 3882162176
Are all four SIGNED? Moses Wood sure has some leaping ability!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Woods and Crabtree are signed. Zhang is still listed just as a commit. Walker is a transfer, and all the media have reported him as a sit one -play three transfer, so my guess is its either done or in the paperwork stages.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Zhang has some type of NCAA academic issue. Not sure if it's test score or core courses but he's working to resolve it.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:02 pm Zhang has some type of NCAA academic issue. Not sure if it's test score or core courses but he's working to resolve it.
Thanks, win. I don't know how you know this, but you seem pretty sure about it. I hope he clears.
Houma de Wave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:20 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:02 pm Zhang has some type of NCAA academic issue. Not sure if it's test score or core courses but he's working to resolve it.
Thanks, win. I don't know how you know this, but you seem pretty sure about it. I hope he clears.
D: Win has a lot of info, but also if you subscribe to the Wave Report, Guerry does a great job of filling us in on stuff like that.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Guerry does do a great job. I have encouraged people to subscribe for a long time. Several people have posted about this topic on various sites and what I posted was a conclusion from all of that. It's still murky but there's hope.
swampnik
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 3:27 pm YouTube loaded with video of him. He reminds me of Pointer Williams. Great point guard quick as a cat but a little small.
Here’s some
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
Would love to have another "Pointer" type guard on the team next year. Dick Vidal called Pointer Williams the fasted man in college basketball goal to goal.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Ruski
Swell

AJ Lawson visiting Tulane. Number 4 player in Canada. 6'6 185 SG. Name dropped Dunleavy. Currently favored to go to South Carolina but he's still visiting us, SMU, Oregon, and Creighton. Would be massive to get him for 2018.

He's a 4 star on Rivals.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/06/10/cana ... -decision/
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

walk on transfer from Oklahoma U...played high school ball in Texas....note the 'TAPPS' reference,,
Private, Parochial Schools do not compete with the Public Schools In Texas......TAPPS == ..Texas Association Private Parochial Schools.......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican