USA...OL Grad Transfer ?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Mods merge with what other thread U like....makes the Vandy guy's loss more tolerable

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 87329?s=20

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/201 ... ng_to.html

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Obviously an important pick up. Unlike Granier he's played a lot albeit at a lower level Our coaches aren't sure yet if he's going to play tackle or guard for us.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
capwave
High Tide

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sounds like he's either going to step right in and start, or, at a minimum, be a valued back up providing depth at a few positions on the line.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

OK, I'm confused. That al.com article is talking about him at USA's spring practice last month as being a 5th year senior for them this fall. Did something change all of a sudden that he decided to transfer?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenphantom
Swell

Great pickup.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

First year coach at USA, and an opportunity to come to New Orleans for a last year of football. Picked up his degree and said "see ya"!
Dupergreenie
Surge

Are we allowed to be happy over this or do we need to crap over it since the guy wasn't a 5* dude from Alabama?

Nice to see the staff add an experienced offensive lineman who was highly recognized (even if it was in a lower conference).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Dupergreenie wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:35 pm Are we allowed to be happy over this or do we need to crap over it since the guy wasn't a 5* dude from Alabama?

Nice to see the staff add an experienced offensive lineman who was highly recognized (even if it was in a lower conference).
I think we should be happy. The staff added a good and experienced OL, a position of need after losing out on the Vandy transfer.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

since some are concerned about the level of competition USA played while he was a member of their team, the schools on USA's OOC were...Miss State (2)...Ole Miss,,Oklahoma State..Air Force..NC State...San Diego St...Nebraska....So. Carolina...Navy ..so the young man has played against some damn good competition...
ajcalhoun
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:10 pm since some are concerned about the level of competition USA played while he was a member of their team, the schools on USA's OOC were...Miss State (2)...Ole Miss,,Oklahoma State..Air Force..NC State...San Diego St...Nebraska....So. Carolina...Navy ..so the young man has played against some damn good competition...
Sounds good to me.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the info. golf.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I think I’d rather have the guy with 25 starts and all conference consideration than a guy who played sparingly at Vanderbilt.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:35 am I think I’d rather have the guy with 25 starts and all conference consideration than a guy who played sparingly at Vanderbilt.
+1
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 7:10 pm since some are concerned about the level of competition USA played while he was a member of their team, the schools on USA's OOC were...Miss State (2)...Ole Miss,,Oklahoma State..Air Force..NC State...San Diego St...Nebraska....So. Carolina...Navy ..so the young man has played against some damn good competition...
Didn't we once play USA? Yeah, I thought so...
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:28 am
Didn't we once play USA? Yeah, I thought so...
I was going to mention that, but, did not want to add to CJ's legacy