2018 O Line Ranked "Elite"

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

3. Tulane: A relatively unknown group turns into one of the most experienced in the conference, and it comes at a great time. Tulane is considered a dark horse to win the conference, and they’ve got the pieces in place up front to dominate. The anchor is right tackle John Leglue, and the Green Wave don’t really lose much. Five players combined for 35 starts at the other positions, and that should help whoever takes over at center. Jonathan Banks should feel comfortable with the line in front of him, and that should allow for him to make even more big plays than last year.
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2018/5/ ... lsa-tulane

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Would love to see that be the case but I think they clearly have us overrated there. I thought they underrated Banks in the QB category.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Has the writer ever seen this offensive line play? Yes, they're veterans, but they are far from dominant and typically get our QB crushed. He probably went off of our rushing stats last year, and didn't even watch film. The line can create openings at the point of attack, but it also can look really bad on either run or pass plays.

I'd love to see what this offense can do if the line ever lived up to that billing.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:03 am Has the writer ever seen this offensive line play? Yes, they're veterans, but they are far from dominant and typically get our QB crushed. He probably went off of our rushing stats last year, and didn't even watch film. The line can create openings at the point of attack, but it also can look really bad on either run or pass plays.

I'd love to see what this offense can do if the line ever lived up to that billing.
Agreed. It will be interesting to see how this group holds up. If Tulane has a winning record OOC, everyone should look out.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:25 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:03 am Has the writer ever seen this offensive line play? Yes, they're veterans, but they are far from dominant and typically get our QB crushed. He probably went off of our rushing stats last year, and didn't even watch film. The line can create openings at the point of attack, but it also can look really bad on either run or pass plays.

Agreed. It will be interesting to see how this group holds up. If Tulane has a winning record OOC, everyone should look out.
I agree. If we get through the OOC schedule injury free (especially at the O-Line and QB positions) AND 3-1, we'll be well on our way to bowl eligibility, and competing for the AAC West crown. UAB is a swing game, as they're better than you would expect being their second season back.

An injury at QB or significant injuries to the O-Line could derail us. We still need to find a quality backup QB, and get the placekicking game in order. Yes, we didn't miss many FG's, but we also didn't try many because there was ZERO confidence in the kicking game. We missed XP's so an FG of over 20 yards was far from guaranteed points. To win a division title, we need to be able to rely on our kicking game from 45 yards in.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

This is the first I ever heard that we're "considered a dark horse to win the conference".
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

I'm all for pre-season hype about our program, but like D has said, if you have watched our O-line play the last couple of years, they are far from being dominant. Our o-line looked a bit better last year (more in shape), but there were glaring problems which led to the turnstile type offensive line and Banks running for dear life. I do think we're moving in the right direction especially with adding Mr. Fisher. Happy hot and steamy Thursday, ROLL DAMN WAVE!