Pitching Coach Tighe Dickinson Resigns

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/10 ... 8033104896 https://twitter.com/GreenWaveBSB/status ... 8397510656

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wavetrader
Low Tide

That is a first step, but we need more than a pitching coach resignation to right this ship..
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

https://twitter.com/goTULANEt/status/10 ... 1526048768
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thank goodness. At least it happened swiftly.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

As expected. It takes some of the heat off for now. It’s a risky job for a good coach. If the team loses next year everyone is gone. A guy like Daniel Latham would be a great hire but it’s probably too risky for him to make a move considering Riser will eventually get a better job and Daniel either follows him or gets the HC job at SELA.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:47 pm As expected. It takes some of the heat off for now. It’s a risky job for a good coach. If the team loses next year everyone is gone. A guy like Daniel Latham would be a great hire but it’s probably too risky for him to make a move considering Riser will eventually get a better job and Daniel either follows him or gets the HC job at SELA.
I would love to have Latham here but I would make a run at Stetson pitching coach Dave Therneau.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
chain gang x man
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:26 pm https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/10 ... 8033104896 https://twitter.com/GreenWaveBSB/status ... 8397510656
Resigned on resume looks better than fired
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It would be nice to get Latham. Any job's a risk but if he does a good job improving this staff but the other problems don't get fixed and TJ is fired he would have a good chance to hang on. If not he'd have no problem getting a job as those looking at him would know he was just let go b/c the new guy had his own people. He's not in line to be the HC at SELA so this would be a good move for him to a much better conference to show what he can do.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:55 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:47 pm As expected. It takes some of the heat off for now. It’s a risky job for a good coach. If the team loses next year everyone is gone. A guy like Daniel Latham would be a great hire but it’s probably too risky for him to make a move considering Riser will eventually get a better job and Daniel either follows him or gets the HC job at SELA.
I would love to have Latham here but I would make a run at Stetson pitching coach Dave Therneau.
Also a great choice. By the way the HC at Stetson played for Rick Jones at Elon. And absolutely Daniel would be considered for HC at SELA should Matt leave. Similar to the Kingston/Moehl move at USF.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's not true about Latham at SELA. I see how one would make that assumption but that's not in the cards. It's why he should make the move if offered.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm That's not true about Latham at SELA. I see how one would make that assumption but that's not in the cards. It's why he should make the move if offered.
You’re couldn’t be more wrong. I could see him coming here if offered because it would be a step up. But if not and Riser leaves Artigues would strongly consider Latham. He would keep the train going over there. It’s crazy to assume its “not in the cards”.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:04 pm
winwave wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm That's not true about Latham at SELA. I see how one would make that assumption but that's not in the cards. It's why he should make the move if offered.
You’re couldn’t be more wrong. I could see him coming here if offered because it would be a step up. But if not and Riser leaves Artigues would strongly consider Latham. He would keep the train going over there. It’s crazy to assume its “not in the cards”.
Got it from an impeccable source.
torbida
Surge

Needed to be done .It was sad being in Orlando last Friday watching bullpen blow both games and the tourney game vs ECU. I'm curious as to why these pitchers just couldn't find the strike zone every time they toed the rubber.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Daniel Latham would be a HR hire. I hope he comes.
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

It's risky for Latham to come to Tulane; it's also risky for him to stay at Southeastern: he doesn't make much money, that staff hasn't moved on despite several good seasons, and continuing to make NCAAs at SELU is no certainty either, in which case he is stuck.
And a successful stint at Tulane would add to his credentials should S Eastern open up.

But the question is, will TJ entertain a former Jones player? A lot of coaches are touchy about that sort of thing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 pm It's risky for Latham to come to Tulane; it's also risky for him to stay at Southeastern: he doesn't make much money, that staff hasn't moved on despite several good seasons, and continuing to make NCAAs at SELU is no certainty either, in which case he is stuck.
And a successful stint at Tulane would add to his credentials should S Eastern open up.

But the question is, will TJ entertain a former Jones player? A lot of coaches are touchy about that sort of thing.
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:51 pm It's risky for Latham to come to Tulane; it's also risky for him to stay at Southeastern: he doesn't make much money, that staff hasn't moved on despite several good seasons, and continuing to make NCAAs at SELU is no certainty either, in which case he is stuck.

I hear where you're coming from. I think and hope he will.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

when there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel, we could have this "headline'.." Curtis Johnson to be named Pitching Coach at Tulane...after a successful stint throwing beads at mardi gras, Johnson returns to uptown to teach his unique delivery motion '
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

With a name like Dickinson , it was too much like Dickson. I’d rather be dickless
nawlinspete
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 am With a name like Dickinson , it was too much like Dickson. I’d rather be dickless
Dave breslin wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:25 am With a name like Dickinson , it was too much like Dickson. I’d rather be dickless
Welcome back, Dave !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Dave breslin
Swell

Thanks Pete. I hadn’t gone too far. Just got tired of the bitch slapping between the posters. We all want the same thing. And that’s for Tulane to be competitive and successful. And we all have our views. Unfortunately, some of the views must piss some people off. And some, like me, post after a terrible performance by the Wave and having a few cocktails.