ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:26 pm We need a lot of everything.
Tulane, is only 10 or 11 players, from being pretty good

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Already 4-0 Top1 UH up. Johnson pitching on short rest doesn’t have it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Looking like we are going to end this season in flames. Down 6-0 in the top of the 3rd. Houston has the bases loaded with 2 outs.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:16 am Already 4-0 Top1 UH up. Johnson pitching on short rest doesn’t have it.
Yep. In addition to that Graf said that he did a full bullpen and workout yesterday as we had been told no games on Thursday. We weren't told till after the game that we would play today. So yes he didn't have it today.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:11 am
HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:26 pm We need a lot of everything.
Tulane, is only 10 or 11 players, from being pretty good
Yep.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Houston 7
Tulane 5

Bottom 3rd, 2 Outs
Roll Wave!
swampnik
Surge

Crazy good 3rd inning for TU. Continue boys!.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

12-5
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

16-5
Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Really sad to watch Tulane baseball being destroyed before your very eyes.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:16 am Really sad to watch Tulane baseball being destroyed before your very eyes.
My thoughts exactly. How anyone believes this shit-show does not lay at the feet at the HC is mind boggling.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Maybe I'm just not getting it. We gave up NINE walks in four innings. Aren't you taught from Little League days that if you want to be a pitcher, you have to be able to throw the ball over the plate? Either you can or you can't. If you can't, then how does the pitching coach have anything to do with it? If you walk that many batters, you're going to lose a lot of games, even if your offense has Mickey Mantle, Barry Bonds, Jose Altuve and Aaron Judge in it.

To me, this reeks of lack of talent on the pitching staff.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:29 am Maybe I'm just not getting it. We gave up NINE walks in four innings. Aren't you taught from Little League days that if you want to be a pitcher, you have to be able to throw the ball over the plate? Either you can or you can't. If you can't, then how does the pitching coach have anything to do with it? If you walk that many batters, you're going to lose a lot of games, even if your offense has Mickey Mantle, Barry Bonds, Jose Altuve and Aaron Judge in it.

Baseball is an individual sport and coaching at this stage is as critical as any other sport, if not more.

In the end, when things fall apart, as they have the last two years, it is inevitably about a combo of talent and coaching. The fact remains, this is the worst two year performance for TU baseball over the last 60 years, maybe ever. It's a BIG problem.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Getting embarrassed now. 18-5. Bot 6th.
10 run rule next inning.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:47 am Getting embarrassed now. 18-5. Bot 6th.
10 run rule next inning.
an early flight for Sno Balls and Po Boy's !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:29 am Maybe I'm just not getting it. We gave up NINE walks in four innings. Aren't you taught from Little League days that if you want to be a pitcher, you have to be able to throw the ball over the plate? Either you can or you can't. If you can't, then how does the pitching coach have anything to do with it? If you walk that many batters, you're going to lose a lot of games, even if your offense has Mickey Mantle, Barry Bonds, Jose Altuve and Aaron Judge in it.

Agree. How anyone can't see that it's a lack of talent and coaching is beyond the pale.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Yep, Jewitt IS the man for the program!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:55 am

Agree. How anyone can't see that it's a lack of talent and coaching is beyond the pale.
I think everyone agrees lack of talent on the pitching staff. (Definitely the bullpen) We’re not losing games because of lack of scoring or hitting. We are horribly coached running the bases. You can’t expect to score 10 runs to have to win and then that may not be enough.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well then you changed your mind since yesterday. Glad you've seen the light. Most also agree that we lack talent position player wise especially at catcher and SS.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Either they were all crappy pitchers, and we recruited them, or they've never had the coaching here at Tulane to pitch strikes and get better. At the end of the day, it's on the coaches.
Roll Wave!
Dave breslin
Swell

Thanks Spoooon. 200 is a great number!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:03 am Well then you changed your mind since yesterday. Glad you've seen the light. Most also agree that we lack talent position player wise especially at catcher and SS.
I’ve always said this year we have two starters that can win. Nothing much behind that. Sunday’s are hitters day for most teams. We should be able to compete there. And midweek we have enough talent to beat most of the schools in state. We need a good closer, better pen and better coaching. (Read each series thread and you’ll see where I say “no bullpen again” almost every time). We don’t have Regional talent this year. But I thought last year we had enough talent to be a Regional club and I’ll continue to believe that.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Final:

UH 18
Wave 7

Our sad season fittingly ends with a 10 run rule loss @ the AAC tournament.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Next year going to be very similar to this year. Unless a miracle happens I’m expecting a 3rd straight losing season.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:07 am

Either they were all crappy pitchers, and we recruited them, or they've never had the coaching here at Tulane to pitch strikes and get better. At the end of the day, it's on the coaches.
But that's my point, Steve. I can understand coaching can help a pitcher manage a game better, but if a guy isn't throwing strikes by the times he's a senior in high school, then we shouldn't be recruiting them as a pitcher to begin with. So are we just recruiting crappy pitchers?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson