31 losses (33 when TU gets eliminated)

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
ajcalhoun
Swell

dpm wave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:39 am Wow! That's a lot of quotes :shock:
This!

Really, some of y'all need to learn how to stop doing that. Or maybe you do know how and are just too lazy to. Either way, the site is a lot easier to visit and read when you just quote the relative portion of the post you're responding to.

There's no need to repeat the entire thread over and over.

God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:47 am
winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:31 am
tpstulane wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 am
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:51 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:28 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:49 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:44 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:40 pmSure.
Here’s my statement

Right. You said we have more talent than UNO. I agree.
I was trying to make a point that we play below our talent using UNO as an example. When we play to our talent level we usually win (3 of 4) over UH as an example. We are weak in the pen though. But I’ll say it again that we had and still have better talent than our record showed these past two seasons.
No one has said we didn't play below our talent level. However our talent is and was limited. We should have had winning season's but we don't have Regional level talent at this point. Sometimes you just match up well with a certain team. Most consider ECU the best team. They swept us at home. Now we're due tomorrow. Roper's been hot since getting over the ankle injury. He'll be on two days less rest but IIRC he only threw 57 pitches on Friday. Glad he wasn't sent back out as the tournament is everything to us. We really need a complete game from him but hopefully he gives us no less than 7. Not sure of how they handled their pitching to know how short of rest there guy will be on. Hopefully their in the same situation.
If we had a winning record against this schedule we would be a borderline regional team.
Yes. And very likely last season especially coming off back to back Regionals.
I doubt 29 or 30 wins gets you in this year. This years schedule is the 10th toughest. I don't think last years was near that.
Yes. Last year’s SOS was 20th RPI 82
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/rpi-live
We were at 82 in the RPI so two or three more wins wouldn't have put us anywhere near a Regional.
Not saying that. We started 3-12 should have been 10-5 or so. Our SOS was 20th so it was fairly close and very good. Our RPI would have been much better with 7 more wins and 7 less losses.
We had 27 wins last year and getting to 29 or 30 wins wouldn't have made the RPI climb that much. We didn't have the talent to win 34 games.
I disagree. We weren’t prepared to play to start the season. Later in the year we swept a very talented national runner up LSU and UCONN. We easily had the talent to win 7 more games early on.
Early on we lost to some bad teams that hurt our RPI. Losing to bad teams like UNO, Army, Air Force, Columbia and others kill your RPI.
That’s 4 wins. And we played SD, UCSB and Stetson 10 games. We went 1-9. If we just win 3 more there you have 7 more wins in total.
First off there was a reason we weren't prepared. We didn't have the pitchers and catchers necessary to be prepared. Secondly, whether one agrees about that or not everyone loses games they should win. Especially in baseball Lastly, even winning games against those particular opponents wouldn't get you that type of rise.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

As it’s been said numerous times, he could have brought in out of work pitchers and catchers to practice with us. That’s what a good coach would have done.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:39 am
tpstulane wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:47 am
winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:31 am
tpstulane wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 am
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:51 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:28 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:49 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:44 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:40 pmSure.
Here’s my statement

Right. You said we have more talent than UNO. I agree.
I was trying to make a point that we play below our talent using UNO as an example. When we play to our talent level we usually win (3 of 4) over UH as an example. We are weak in the pen though. But I’ll say it again that we had and still have better talent than our record showed these past two seasons.
No one has said we didn't play below our talent level. However our talent is and was limited. We should have had winning season's but we don't have Regional level talent at this point. Sometimes you just match up well with a certain team. Most consider ECU the best team. They swept us at home. Now we're due tomorrow. Roper's been hot since getting over the ankle injury. He'll be on two days less rest but IIRC he only threw 57 pitches on Friday. Glad he wasn't sent back out as the tournament is everything to us. We really need a complete game from him but hopefully he gives us no less than 7. Not sure of how they handled their pitching to know how short of rest there guy will be on. Hopefully their in the same situation.
If we had a winning record against this schedule we would be a borderline regional team.
Yes. And very likely last season especially coming off back to back Regionals.
I doubt 29 or 30 wins gets you in this year. This years schedule is the 10th toughest. I don't think last years was near that.
Yes. Last year’s SOS was 20th RPI 82
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/rpi-live
We were at 82 in the RPI so two or three more wins wouldn't have put us anywhere near a Regional.
Not saying that. We started 3-12 should have been 10-5 or so. Our SOS was 20th so it was fairly close and very good. Our RPI would have been much better with 7 more wins and 7 less losses.
We had 27 wins last year and getting to 29 or 30 wins wouldn't have made the RPI climb that much. We didn't have the talent to win 34 games.
I disagree. We weren’t prepared to play to start the season. Later in the year we swept a very talented national runner up LSU and UCONN. We easily had the talent to win 7 more games early on.
Early on we lost to some bad teams that hurt our RPI. Losing to bad teams like UNO, Army, Air Force, Columbia and others kill your RPI.
That’s 4 wins. And we played SD, UCSB and Stetson 10 games. We went 1-9. If we just win 3 more there you have 7 more wins in total.
Wow! That's a lot of quotes :shock:
I know. Really.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just have to agree to disagree. No way to know either way just a difference of opinion. However I did give you 7 more wins. Had we started 10-5 vs 3-12 it would have been huge.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:52 am As it’s been said numerous times, he could have brought in out of work pitchers and catchers to practice with us. That’s what a good coach would have done.

BS. It was mentioned once by a former player at a small NE schoo after the issue had been discussed for a year. A bunch of rag arms wouldn't have helped ready us. There's a lot to criticize about TJ. People don't have to make things up.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:00 am Just have to agree to disagree. No way to know either way just a difference of opinion. However I did give you 7 more wins. Had we started 10-5 vs 3-12 it would have been huge.
What you gave were 7 more games you thought were possible wins. Like I said there's no guarantees in baseball. Even the Yankees lose to the Royals.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:52 am As it’s been said numerous times, he could have brought in out of work pitchers and catchers to practice with us. That’s what a good coach would have done.

BS. It was mentioned once by a former player at a small NE schoo after the issue had been discussed for a year. A bunch of rag arms wouldn't have helped ready us. There's a lot to criticize about TJ. People don't have to make things up.
It was mentioned by me before that.
Anything would have helped. What we really needed was catchers. And nobody said anything about rag arms. There are plenty of Indy ball pitchers that are better than most of the guys we had on our staff. Guarantee you could have gotten some to come throw some innings.

Nick Saban was using Trent Richardson for his Alabama practices recently.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yeah sure Kershaw was willing to come in for us.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:09 pm Yeah sure Kershaw was willing to come in for us.
Guys that are borderline minor league pitchers are better than most of the guys that were on our staff last year and better than most college pitchers. You’re retarded if you don’t realize that.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And while you guys bitch and moan, Spoon has hit two 2-run homers and we lead ECU 4-1 in the bottom of the 7th. A win here and they move to the semis.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Profoundwizard
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:08 pm And while you guys bitch and moan, Spoon has hit two 2-run homers and we lead ECU 4-1 in the bottom of the 7th. A win here and they move to the semis.
I’m Watching. I can multi task, bitch and watch at the same time.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:10 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:08 pm And while you guys bitch and moan, Spoon has hit two 2-run homers and we lead ECU 4-1 in the bottom of the 7th. A win here and they move to the semis.
I’m Watching. I can multi task, bitch and watch at the same time.
A skill most Tulane fans are good at, actually!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Was listening to Graff but WRBH went off the air. :oops:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:17 pm
winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:09 pm Yeah sure Kershaw was willing to come in for us.
Guys that are borderline minor league pitchers are better than most of the guys that were on our staff last year and better than most college pitchers. You’re retarded if you don’t realize that.
Yeah we have all these minor leaguer's just sitting around here willing to come throw an entire spring practice for no compensation. Plus the fact that their contracts likely forbid such activity. Talk about retarded.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Who said no compensation. Of course you pay them.
I have no idea why a guys contract would say that he can’t train in the off-season but Find guys without a contract if necessary . You’re not very smart.
Show Me
Tsunami

Well I have to say this thread has been better than the game. :x
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:03 pm Who said no compensation. Of course you pay them.
I have no idea why a guys contract would say that he can’t train in the off-season but Find guys without a contract if necessary . You’re not very smart.
So you're writing that check? You can bet your dumb ass that their contracts restrict their activities. Conversation-"Player- Hey, G.M. David Pierce did a porr job of recruiting at Tulane and left them shorthanded for Fall Ball. So I'm sure you can understand I had to jump in and help them. Unfortunately I blew my arm out and need TJ surgery. " G.M.- Good luck figuring out how to pay for that surgery. You're cut. Click". As for the one's that don't have contracts = ragarms.

I guess you're going to write the check for all those football players that we are going to come back and help when we are shorthanded every spring. :roll:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Trent Richardson was out of the league when he helped. Can't pay them and they need to sign waivers of liability. Got a big picture of minor leaguer's signing those. Plus they need to be former players for the school:

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... ker-wilson
Show Me
Tsunami

So you really think the Alumni game Tulane took out a liability policy on each player?
Winwave wrong again. Over the years we’ve had many players come back and work out with the club. Lies and deception continue I see. And none were paid.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They can't be paid and yes you can bet they signed waivers. Read the article above. It spits it out. Of course we all know the truth means nothing to you when it gets in the way of your agenda.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm They can't be paid and yes you can bet they signed waivers. Read the article above. It spits it out. Of course we all know the truth means nothing to you when it gets in the way of your agenda.
Glad you agree. No liability policy required.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:11 pm
winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm They can't be paid and yes you can bet they signed waivers. Read the article above. It spits it out. Of course we all know the truth means nothing to you when it gets in the way of your agenda.
Well dumber read the article. The players have to sign a waiver. The schools don't pay for a policy.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:19 pm
Well dumber read the article. The players have to sign a waiver. The schools don't pay for a policy.
So yes. It’s no cost to get a player to scrimmage. UCONN women scrimmage all the time against men. Your excuses getting old. Jewett’s lack of experience was a factor in his first year.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:23 pm
winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:19 pm
So yes. It’s no cost to get a player to scrimmage. UCONN women scrimmage all the time against men. Your excuses getting old. Jewett’s lack of experience was a factor in his first year.
Dumber the players dumb was talking about using, minor leaguers, won't do it without compensation and they can't be paid. They would also have to sign a waiver and they won't. No excuses. Just facts but that never gets in your way.