31 losses (33 when TU gets eliminated)

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

Has the baseball record ever been this bad?

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
HoustonWave
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 am Has the baseball record ever been this bad?
Have our pants and socks ever looked more ridiculous?

Have we ever had a more clueless head coach?

If TJ is inflicted on the Tulane Nation next year, it won't be any better. In fact, it could get worse, as word of his Capt. Quig style spreads among players and recruits. Dannen needs to act decisively and quickly before TJ turns the Tulane baseball program into a Leper Colony.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
IM42lane
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:59 am
IM42lane wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 am Has the baseball record ever been this bad?

If TJ is inflicted on the Tulane Nation next year, it won't be any better. In fact, it could get worse, as word of his Capt. Quig style spreads among players and recruits. Dannen needs to act decisively and quickly before TJ turns the Tulane baseball program into a Leper Colony.
NO argument from me. When Tulane loses that 33rd game (probably a "two & thru"), Jewitt MUST be replaced. I just wish that TU still had a shot at a coach like Matt Riser. That possibility is probably now off the table.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

1990 we finished 19-35 4-16 in the Metro

1993 we finished 22-31 8-7 in the Metro

But nothing else close outside of those two seasons.
This goes back only to 1965
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/teams/te ... sp?T=20173
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

IM42lane wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:04 am
HoustonWave wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:59 am

NO argument from me. When Tulane loses that 33rd game (probably a "two & thru"), Jewitt MUST be replaced. I just wish that TU still had a shot at a coach like Matt Riser. That possibility is probably now off the table.
Do you even know Matt Riser? Doubt he is that thin skinned.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:26 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:20 pm Tulane beats the #1 seed 11-6 . Third time we've beaten them this year and we did it against the conference pitcher of the year for the second time. We advance to play ECU at 11:30 tomorrow. We'll be on a back diamond, Robin Roberts Field, so the game won't be broadcast.
We have the talent to win this tournament. If we beat ECU next I can see us winning this thing.
We have the starting pitching to win it if they can each go deep. Strange though that just yesterday you said we didn't have much talent. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:29 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:26 pm
winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:20 pm Tulane beats the #1 seed 11-6 . Third time we've beaten them this year and we did it against the conference pitcher of the year for the second time. We advance to play ECU at 11:30 tomorrow. We'll be on a back diamond, Robin Roberts Field, so the game won't be broadcast.
We have the talent to win this tournament. If we beat ECU next I can see us winning this thing.
We have the starting pitching to win it if they can each go deep. Strange though that just yesterday you said we didn't have much talent. :mrgreen:
I didn’t say that. I said based on last year’s final results I expected to lose this year.
We have enough talent to win and had enough to win last year. Beating the champs 3 out of 4 proves that point.
Now with that said I’m not expecting us to win it. :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sure.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:40 pmSure.
Here’s my statement

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:44 pm
Here’s my statement

Right. You said we have more talent than UNO. I agree.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:49 pm
Here’s my statement

I was trying to make a point that we play below our talent using UNO as an example. When we play to our talent level we usually win (3 of 4) over UH as an example. We are weak in the pen though. But I’ll say it again that we had and still have better talent than our record showed these past two seasons.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:28 pm
Here’s my statement

I was trying to make a point that we play below our talent using UNO as an example. When we play to our talent level we usually win (3 of 4) over UH as an example. We are weak in the pen though. But I’ll say it again that we had and still have better talent than our record showed these past two seasons.
No one has said we didn't play below our talent level. However our talent is and was limited. We should have had winning season's but we don't have Regional level talent at this point. Sometimes you just match up well with a certain team. Most consider ECU the best team. They swept us at home. Now we're due tomorrow. Roper's been hot since getting over the ankle injury. He'll be on two days less rest but IIRC he only threw 57 pitches on Friday. Glad he wasn't sent back out as the tournament is everything to us. We really need a complete game from him but hopefully he gives us no less than 7. Not sure of how they handled their pitching to know how short of rest there guy will be on. Hopefully their in the same situation.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:51 pm
Here’s my statement

No one has said we didn't play below our talent level. However our talent is and was limited. We should have had winning season's but we don't have Regional level talent at this point. Sometimes you just match up well with a certain team. Most consider ECU the best team. They swept us at home. Now we're due tomorrow. Roper's been hot since getting over the ankle injury. He'll be on two days less rest but IIRC he only threw 57 pitches on Friday. Glad he wasn't sent back out as the tournament is everything to us. We really need a complete game from him but hopefully he gives us no less than 7. Not sure of how they handled their pitching to know how short of rest there guy will be on. Hopefully their in the same situation.
If we had a winning record against this schedule we would be a borderline regional team.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:16 pm
Here’s my statement

If we had a winning record against this schedule we would be a borderline regional team.
Yes. And very likely last season especially coming off back to back Regionals.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:24 pm
Here’s my statement

I doubt 29 or 30 wins gets you in this year. This years schedule is the 10th toughest. I don't think last years was near that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm
Here’s my statement

I doubt 29 or 30 wins gets you in this year. This years schedule is the 10th toughest. I don't think last years was near that.
Yes. Last year’s SOS was 20th RPI 82
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/rpi-live
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

Here’s my statement

29 wouldn’t but we’d be close with 30. Especially if you throw in some road wins.
Miss St. is 31-25 with the #8 SOS. RPI is 26
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 pm
Here’s my statement

We were at 82 in the RPI so two or three more wins wouldn't have put us anywhere near a Regional.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:40 pm
Here’s my statement

29 wouldn’t but we’d be close with 30. Especially if you throw in some road wins.
Miss St. is 31-25 with the #8 SOS. RPI is 26
Our RPI is at 831 So 4 or 5 wins wouldn't have pushed us up that far.
Profoundwizard
Swell

It wouldn’t be 26th but depending on who those wins were over we could be in the 40’s-50’s still playing for a potential at-large bid right now.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 pm
Here’s my statement

We were at 82 in the RPI so two or three more wins wouldn't have put us anywhere near a Regional.
Not saying that. We started 3-12 should have been 10-5 or so. Our SOS was 20th so it was fairly close and very good. Our RPI would have been much better with 7 more wins and 7 less losses.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:00 am It wouldn’t be 26th but depending on who those wins were over we could be in the 40’s-50’s still playing for a potential at-large bid right now.
With our talent level those wins would have ben over the UNO"s and Sela's and that wouldn't have gotten us close.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 am
Here’s my statement

Not saying that. We started 3-12 should have been 10-5 or so. Our SOS was 20th so it was fairly close and very good. Our RPI would have been much better with 7 more wins and 7 less losses.
We had 27 wins last year and getting to 29 or 30 wins wouldn't have made the RPI climb that much. We didn't have the talent to win 34 games.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:31 am
Here’s my statement

We had 27 wins last year and getting to 29 or 30 wins wouldn't have made the RPI climb that much. We didn't have the talent to win 34 games.
I disagree. We weren’t prepared to play to start the season. Later in the year we swept a very talented national runner up LSU and UCONN. We easily had the talent to win 7 more games early on.
Early on we lost to some bad teams that hurt our RPI. Losing to bad teams like UNO, Army, Air Force, Columbia and others kill your RPI.
That’s 4 wins. And we played SD, UCSB and Stetson 10 games. We went 1-9. If we just win 3 more there you have 7 more wins in total.
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:47 am
winwave wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:31 am
Here’s my statement

I disagree. We weren’t prepared to play to start the season. Later in the year we swept a very talented national runner up LSU and UCONN. We easily had the talent to win 7 more games early on.
Early on we lost to some bad teams that hurt our RPI. Losing to bad teams like UNO, Army, Air Force, Columbia and others kill your RPI.
That’s 4 wins. And we played SD, UCSB and Stetson 10 games. We went 1-9. If we just win 3 more there you have 7 more wins in total.
Wow! That's a lot of quotes :shock: