David Pierce

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 am

In Year 2 leads Texas to Big 12 title.
The Longhorns needed to take care of their business this weekend to earn a Big 12 regular season title. They went out and swept TCU at home to win the program’s first league regular season title since 2011. Kody Clemens (Roger’s son) hit yet another home run in a 7-3 win over TCU, while David Hamilton chipped in a three-hit performance. With the win, the Longhorns are up to 15 in the RPI. They’re a lock to host after winning the Big 12 crown.. People that knocked Pierce for lack of recruiting are completely clueless. The man would have us in post season last year and probably if not at least close this year. We would have never had back to back losing seasons and our worst baseball in over 50 years. That is for sure.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6249
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 8:01 am

tpstulane wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 am
In Year 2 leads Texas to Big 12 title.
The Longhorns needed to take care of their business this weekend to earn a Big 12 regular season title. They went out and swept TCU at home to win the program’s first league regular season title since 2011. Kody Clemens (Roger’s son) hit yet another home run in a 7-3 win over TCU, while David Hamilton chipped in a three-hit performance. With the win, the Longhorns are up to 15 in the RPI. They’re a lock to host after winning the Big 12 crown.. People that knocked Pierce for lack of recruiting are completely clueless. The man would have us in post season last year and probably if not at least close this year. We would have never had back to back losing seasons and our worst baseball in over 50 years. That is for sure.
Well stated, Tim. Pierce'se teams play fundamentally sound baseball and find a way to win. TJ's teams play poor fundamentals and invent new ways to lose.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 8:39 am

My post was meant as a defense of Pierce not a knock on TJ. But it has been disappointing seeing the same mistakes game after game. It’s a fine line the between success and failure. We’d been on the wrong side these past two seasons for sure.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12299
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 8:53 am

LOL. We are poorly coached and clearly lacking in talent. It's why Pierce was willing to be the 12th choice by Texas. He knew his streak would be coming to an end here. One is delusional to think otherwise.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 9:24 am

winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:53 am
LOL. We are poorly coached and clearly lacking in talent. It's why Pierce was willing to be the 12th choice by Texas. He knew his streak would be coming to an end here. One is delusional to think otherwise.
He was willing to be the 12th choice because they pay him 1 million dollars a year and it’s one of the best jobs in the country. Delusional to think otherwise
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6249
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 9:38 am

Although he wasn't UT's first choice, he wasn't #12 either. C'.mon man.

He did a GREAT job at Tulane (and followed a legendary Coach Jones) and got one of the best gigs for a college baseball coach as a result. We'd be lucky as hell to have another David Pierce as our next baseball coach.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 10:05 am

winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:53 am
LOL. We are poorly coached and clearly lacking in talent. It's why Pierce was willing to be the 12th choice by Texas. He knew his streak would be coming to an end here. One is delusional to think otherwise.
Obviously you’ve missed my point.
To your comment he wanted it because it was his dream job in addition to being a top 5 job and Texas was his home state. It would have been Rice had that been available at the time. Remember Saban wasn’t even in LSU’s top choices.
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 88375.html
David Pierce’s dream came true.

On June 29, Tulane’s former baseball coach was offered the job he always wanted, leading the program at Texas.

“Texas is the No. 1 job for me, that doesn’t necessarily mean Texas is the No. 1 job for everyone, but for me it’s a chance to go home.” And Pierce said he never intended for his stay in New Orleans to be so brief. He purchased a new home in the Lakeview neighborhood and his son, Shea Pierce, transferred from Sam Houston State to finish his playing career at Tulane while earning a graduate degree.

But when Texas, armed with its own cable network, a treasure trove of baseball history and a six-year, $4.75 million contract (significantly more than he was earning at Tulane) came calling, there was too much to pass up.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12299
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am

My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am

winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
Bullshit he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6249
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 11:20 am

Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Amen!

To suggest that he was "running away" when, in fact, he was getting the dream job of D1 baseball is ludicrous. The 2017 team should have been a regional participant, if not host. This year's team is better than their record, but pitching and baserunning blunders have cost them at least 6-10 games. This is not a well coached team, and you should know it, win. You go to all the games and see the product. It's ugly. I'm surprised you're defending the team and TJ. What's up with that?
Last edited by DfromCT on Sun May 20, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 11:20 am

Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Exactly
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12299
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 am

Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Completely delusional.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12299
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 11:25 am

DfromCT wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:20 am
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Amen!

To suggest that he was "running away" when, in fact, he was getting the dream job of D1 baseball is ludicrous. The 2017 team should have been a regional participant, if not host. This year's team is better than their record, but pitching and baserunning blunders have cost them at least 6-10 games. This is not a well coached team, and you should know it, win. You go to all the games and see the product. It's ugly. I'm surprised you're defending the team and TJ. What's up with that?
D- I'm not defending the team or TJ. I have clearly said we are being poorly coached and that we also lack talent. That's a devastating combo. Hopefully at least the pitching coach is replaced and hopefully this next class is as good as some say it is.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 11:39 am

winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:25 am
DfromCT wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:20 am
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Amen!

To suggest that he was "running away" when, in fact, he was getting the dream job of D1 baseball is ludicrous. The 2017 team should have been a regional participant, if not host. This year's team is better than their record, but pitching and baserunning blunders have cost them at least 6-10 games. This is not a well coached team, and you should know it, win. You go to all the games and see the product. It's ugly. I'm surprised you're defending the team and TJ. What's up with that?
D- I'm not defending the team or TJ. I have clearly said we are being poorly coached and that we also lack talent. That's a devastating combo. Hopefully at least the pitching coach is replaced and hopefully this next class is as good as some say it is.
How good are some saying it is? And who are the some? I’ve not seen anyone indicate that this would be some special class.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 11:40 am

winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 am
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Completely delusional.
I would say you’re delusional but it’s worse. You’re just dumb

How good or bad the 2017 Tulane team was going to be played exactly zero part in Pierce’s decision. To suggest otherwise is going full retard.
The 2017 team could have been a lock for Omaha and it would have made no difference. Pierce wasn’t turning down the Texas job.
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1325
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 12:19 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 am
People that knocked Pierce for lack of recruiting are completely clueless. The man would have us in post season last year and probably if not at least close this year. We would have never had back to back losing seasons and our worst baseball in over 50 years. That is for sure.
This is absolutely correct. And I don't buy the fans that are whining about us not being able to recruit well in baseball anymore because of "our" restrictions. Coach Jones had it figured out. A good coach would continue to have this figured out. Gautreau was very effective recruiting.

We Tulane baseball fans have a lot to observe over the next week or two.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2829
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 2:17 pm

In simple terms: Pierce was a great hire. Jewett was not. He left for a dream job not because of Tulane. If Jewett loses next year he’ll be leaving because of Tulane.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7862
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 2:46 pm

Show Me wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:17 pm
In simple terms: Pierce was a great hire. Jewett was not. He left for a dream job not because of Tulane. If Jewett loses next year he’ll be leaving because of Tulane.
more amazin'...Jewett will still be at Tulane next year....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12299
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:40 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 am
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Completely delusional.
I would say you’re delusional but it’s worse. You’re just dumb

How good or bad the 2017 Tulane team was going to be played exactly zero part in Pierce’s decision. To suggest otherwise is going full retard.
The 2017 team could have been a lock for Omaha and it would have made no difference. Pierce wasn’t turning down the Texas job.
I never said otherwise . What’s ignorant is you saying the 2017 team was better than 2015. We had nothing at catcher and SS. NOTHING. It’s also ignorant to say Pierce recruited well while he was here. He didn’t which has helped put us in the game hole we are in.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6249
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Sal Gozzo would not be happy with that post, win. We were totally out of catchers when Montalbano went down, and Sal's brother had to catch despite not being recovered from surgery the spring of 2017. That might have been a reason for his transfer. Kudo's to Sal for not going as well.

To say that the team lacked talent ignores the fact that there were 10+ upper classmen returning from a tournament team the year prior.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 5:04 pm

winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:35 pm
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:40 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 am
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Completely delusional.
I would say you’re delusional but it’s worse. You’re just dumb

How good or bad the 2017 Tulane team was going to be played exactly zero part in Pierce’s decision. To suggest otherwise is going full retard.
The 2017 team could have been a lock for Omaha and it would have made no difference. Pierce wasn’t turning down the Texas job.
I never said otherwise . What’s ignorant is you saying the 2017 team was better than 2015. We had nothing at catcher and SS. NOTHING. It’s also ignorant to say Pierce recruited well while he was here. He didn’t which has helped put us in the game hole we are in.
In 2015 we had a bunch of holes. We may have had a good SS and a good defensive Catcher, but offensively we were not a very talented group. We lacked ability on offense at almost every position.

You did say otherwise. You literally said the lack of talent is why Pierce was willing to be the 12th choice at Texas. These are your words: "clearly lacking in talent. It's why Pierce was willing to be the 12th choice by Texas. He knew his streak would be coming to an end here. One is delusional to think otherwise."

Please go ahead and tell us what you've heard about the recruiting class
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12299
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 7:08 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 4:44 pm
Sal Gozzo would not be happy with that post, win. We were totally out of catchers when Montalbano went down, and Sal's brother had to catch despite not being recovered from surgery the spring of 2017. That might have been a reason for his transfer. Kudo's to Sal for not going as well.

To say that the team lacked talent ignores the fact that there were 10+ upper classmen returning from a tournament team the year prior.
Just having an honest discussion. Injuries played a role but the fact is we had nothing at those positions. I know both are from your state but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't good D-1 players. We have had a lot of upperclassmen in football and basketball. That doesn't transform them into good players. Yet the younger players couldn't replace them.
Last edited by winwave on Sun May 20, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12299
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:04 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:35 pm
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:40 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 am
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Completely delusional.
I would say you’re delusional but it’s worse. You’re just dumb

How good or bad the 2017 Tulane team was going to be played exactly zero part in Pierce’s decision. To suggest otherwise is going full retard.
The 2017 team could have been a lock for Omaha and it would have made no difference. Pierce wasn’t turning down the Texas job.
I never said otherwise . What’s ignorant is you saying the 2017 team was better than 2015. We had nothing at catcher and SS. NOTHING. It’s also ignorant to say Pierce recruited well while he was here. He didn’t which has helped put us in the game hole we are in.
In 2015 we had a bunch of holes. We may have had a good SS and a good defensive Catcher, but offensively we were not a very talented group. We lacked ability on offense at almost every position.

You did say otherwise. You literally said the lack of talent is why Pierce was willing to be the 12th choice at Texas. These are your words: "clearly lacking in talent. It's why Pierce was willing to be the 12th choice by Texas. He knew his streak would be coming to an end here. One is delusional to think otherwise."

Please go ahead and tell us what you've heard about the recruiting class
What I was getting at is that it is delusional to say that he didn't think about his streak was going to end and it would have. That team had no one drafted. Make up all the excuses and stories you want but they just weren't that good. To say that Pierce and his staff don't bare some of the blame for our current situation is asinine.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2829
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Pierce recruited Spoon and Zubia and both will be drafted. Zubia just decided to follow him to Texas. No way in hell does Pierce start last year 3-12.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Sun May 20, 2018 7:44 pm

winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 7:12 pm
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:04 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 3:35 pm
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:40 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:23 am
Profoundwizard wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am
winwave wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:59 am
My point was he knew his streak was coming to an end here . I didn't say it was the only reason.

Yes he was the 12th choice.

He is a good coach. He can also recruit there. He had never dealt with the tuition issue as a HC and he did a poor job of recruiting here.
bullsh*t he knew it was coming to an end. That 2017 team was better than the 2015 team he brought to a regional. Plus, you don’t become as good of a coach as Pierce is by running away because you think things might get tough.
No chance that played any part in his decision.
Completely delusional.
I would say you’re delusional but it’s worse. You’re just dumb

How good or bad the 2017 Tulane team was going to be played exactly zero part in Pierce’s decision. To suggest otherwise is going full retard.
The 2017 team could have been a lock for Omaha and it would have made no difference. Pierce wasn’t turning down the Texas job.
I never said otherwise . What’s ignorant is you saying the 2017 team was better than 2015. We had nothing at catcher and SS. NOTHING. It’s also ignorant to say Pierce recruited well while he was here. He didn’t which has helped put us in the game hole we are in.
In 2015 we had a bunch of holes. We may have had a good SS and a good defensive Catcher, but offensively we were not a very talented group. We lacked ability on offense at almost every position.

You did say otherwise. You literally said the lack of talent is why Pierce was willing to be the 12th choice at Texas. These are your words: "clearly lacking in talent. It's why Pierce was willing to be the 12th choice by Texas. He knew his streak would be coming to an end here. One is delusional to think otherwise."

Please go ahead and tell us what you've heard about the recruiting class
What I was getting at is that it is delusional to say that he didn't think about his streak was going to end and it would have. That team had no one drafted. Make up all the excuses and stories you want but they just weren't that good. To say that Pierce and his staff don't bare some of the blame for our current situation is asinine.
The team had 2 players drafted.
It's delusional to think that he did think his streak was going to end. Guys like Pierce don't ever expect to lose.
Post Reply