Fritz Contract extension to 2023

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Hippiecoog wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
Hippiecoog wrote:He should donate a percentage of that extension money to Applewhite. Can't wait til we buy out his contract at the end of next season.
Maybe it wasn't Applewhite. Maybe Tulane was just the better team. In any case, here's a Christmas card to you.
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 3199042561

Good coaches don't lose to Bottom 10 programs like Tulane. Anybody watching the game knows that Tulane was overmatched even with their gimmicky offense.
Tulsa is bottom 10, Tulane isn’t even close and should have been bowling.
"Cougar High" should just feel honored to be in the same conference with a tier one Association of American Universities (AAU) school like Tulane, and leave it at that. :yes:
Last edited by Wave755 on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wave755
Tsunami

Hippiecoog wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:
Hippiecoog wrote:He should donate a percentage of that extension money to Applewhite. Can't wait til we buy out his contract at the end of next season.
Maybe it wasn't Applewhite. Maybe Tulane was just the better team. In any case, here's a Christmas card to you.

Good coaches don't lose to Bottom 10 programs like Tulane. Anybody watching the game knows that Tulane was overmatched even with their gimmicky offense.
And "Cougar High" man, have you checked out Tulane's 247 & Rivals football recruiting rankings for this year? :D
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:
Priceless. WTG Lantern!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Having acknowledged extension discussion, where are Coach Fritz and AD Dannen not in agreement on terms ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
cajunfanatico
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:Having acknowledged extension discussion, where are Coach Fritz and AD Dannen not in agreement on terms ?
Interesting question. Though the holidays have certainly eaten a chunk of the time that's lapsed, the original story was posted on the 15th. I figured we'd be reading about the details of the extension within a few days of that original post. Maybe tomorrow.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I got the impression the deal was already done, the terms just haven't been announced yet. Am I wrong?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
posse
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote:I got the impression the deal was already done, the terms just haven't been announced yet. Am I wrong?
Any word on the status of Fritz new contract? Terms? Significant salary increase for coordinators and assistant coaches?
netshorty
Surge

This is pretty interesting that no details have come out (or maybe I've just missed them.) Is it just me or do others misread the subject header as "verge of extinction" every single time?
chain gang x man
Swell

With the news from upriver on the amount they are paying their defensive coordinator one would think the price of poker has gone up on any extension for Fritz
posse
High Tide

chain gang x man wrote:With the news from upriver on the amount they are paying their defensive coordinator one would think the price of poker has gone up on any extension for Fritz
Your right. but will Tulane get in the game?
Show Me
Tsunami

With no announcement I’m assuming nothing got done as of yet.
posse
High Tide

Show Me wrote:With no announcement I’m assuming nothing got done as of yet.
Does anyone know if Fritz received and signed a contract extension? If so, anyone know the terms? Start getting a little nervous when newspaper reports
Fritz negotiating contract extension back in December, and nothing more is said. All subsequent inquires on boards have gone unanswered.
Silence is deafening...
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

posse wrote:
Show Me wrote:With no announcement I’m assuming nothing got done as of yet.
Does anyone know if Fritz received and signed a contract extension? If so, anyone know the terms? Start getting a little nervous when newspaper reports
Fritz negotiating contract extension back in December, and nothing more is said. All subsequent inquires on boards have gone unanswered.
Silence is deafening...
It's funny that the rumor came out at the same time a certain poster started a thread on this board about Coach Fritz going to Kansas (or was it K-State?) and another post about him interviewing for the SMU job. Both were far fetched and nothing more than rumors. Perhaps it was a counter-propaganda ploy by either Dannen and/or Fritz? If it was done to convince our recruits he wasn't going anywhere (and it came out right before early signing date) WELL DONE!

I cannot imagine that they would announce that he was close to a new contract then keep it a secret that he actually signed one. So I would have to conclude nothing has happened.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Willie Fritz ranked 3rd best coach in the AAC by AthlonSports
https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... aches-2018
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

No way he should get an extension until after this season if it's deserved. But this is Tulane, so...
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:48 am No way he should get an extension until after this season if it's deserved. But this is Tulane, so...
Did he get extended?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

glennc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:57 pm I like Fritz but a contract extension is ridiculous. He hasn't had a wining season yet. What's the rush. this is almost like rick dickson is still around.
I have two names for al of you, Buddy Teevens and Bob Toledo. I hope that we are not going back to any of those times.

NO winning seasons, and he gets a contract extension! It's JUST AMAZING to me.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IM42lane wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:37 pm
glennc wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:57 pm I like Fritz but a contract extension is ridiculous. He hasn't had a wining season yet. What's the rush. this is almost like rick dickson is still around.
I have two names for al of you, Buddy Teevens and Bob Toledo. I hope that we are not going back to any of those times.

DID HE GET EXTENDED? There's nothing that says he did, other than the title of this thread. C'mon man, bitch and moan about something when it's time to bitch and moan about it. Otherwise it's just whining for the sake of whining.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 1:35 pm
IM42lane wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:37 pm

DID HE GET EXTENDED? There's nothing that says he did, other than the title of this thread. C'mon man, bitch and moan about something when it's time to bitch and moan about it. Otherwise it's just whining for the sake of whining.
D- it's been posted elsewhere that he did sign an extension. No details were given. So it well could be that it's the typical recruiting purposes extension. It could also turn out to just be bad information.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If he signed an extension the University would announce it. Until they do so, it's a rumor, or hearsay.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is Tulane we're talking about. :mrgreen:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:08 pm This is Tulane we're talking about. :mrgreen:
Yes, the same Tulane that leaked the rumor of his imminent extension before Christmas, is now going to sit on the news that the deal was completed? I don't think so. I think it was all a strategic ploy to counter-act the rumors that Fritz was being considered for the Kansas (K-State?) and SMU jobs right at the early signing date.

If he's signed an extension it would be announced by the University. This is Tulane we're talking about, they couldn't keep it a secret, especially when the source of the rumor was our AD.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I can see you’re without your sense of humor . Of course they will but it’s been out there a week.
Last edited by winwave on Tue May 22, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Contract extended to 2023. :shock: Ridiculous considering 2 losing seasons. Sorry, not sorry.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE