Football Notebook

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks for the link, win. Good read.
Fritz said returning senior punter Zach Block, who averaged 39.2 yards last year, will have to win an open competition with incoming freshman Ryan Wright to retain his job.
I can only hope our punting game gets better with the arrival of Ryan Wright (my fingers wanted to type Grant there!) Our punting game has been an adventure and looked horrible (with no defenders on the field no less) at the Spring "game".
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hopefully he does take that over. He could also be our back-up QB. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 am Thanks for the link, win. Good read.
Fritz said returning senior punter Zach Block, who averaged 39.2 yards last year, will have to win an open competition with incoming freshman Ryan Wright to retain his job.
I can only hope our punting game gets better with the arrival of Ryan Wright (my fingers wanted to type Grant there!) Our punting game has been an adventure and looked horrible (with no defenders on the field no less) at the Spring "game".
Well, hopefully we improve in all facets of kicking. I'm not sure what gave me more heartburn last season, placekicking or punting.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:33 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 am Thanks for the link, win. Good read.
Well, hopefully we improve in all facets of kicking. I'm not sure what gave me more heartburn last season, placekicking or punting.
Amen, brother! If we had a Cairo-type placekicker, I think we're 7-5 last year at worst. The Dome was a HUGE recruiting tool for kickers.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V