Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
WeWave2
Ripple

DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:Why kill it? If you don't like it don't click on it. Ths entire site gets about twenty new posts a day. I like reading new posts. I see no reason to kill any thread ever.
Yes. It will die of natural causes at some point.
I agree with both ajcalhoun and tps. Zero reason to kill the thread and it will die due to lack of interest. Especially if/when he doesn't play QB at Missou.

I'm all for killing the thread. But why the negativity. Kid chose a different school, and wished us well.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

WeWave2 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:Why kill it? If you don't like it don't click on it. Ths entire site gets about twenty new posts a day. I like reading new posts. I see no reason to kill any thread ever.
I agree with both ajcalhoun and tps. Zero reason to kill the thread and it will die due to lack of interest. Especially if/when he doesn't play QB at Missou.

I'm all for killing the thread. But why the negativity. Kid chose a different school, and wished us well.
And I wish him well too. Maybe he does get an opportunity to play. But their starter is entrenched, and you know they'll bring in a big QB recruit next class, when Scott's eligibility has lost another year. Why the need for censorship?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
WeWave2 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

And I wish him well too. Maybe he does get an opportunity to play. But their starter is entrenched, and you know they'll bring in a big QB recruit next class, when Scott's eligibility has lost another year. Why the need for censorship?
Well stated. You're on a roll tonight.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. Where’s “Show Me” Scott stealing your thunder!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
That no good S_B how dare for him to use my name! He’s going to have to “Show Me” and all Tulane fans that he didn’t make a mistake. But I believe he’ll stay on the bench.
WeWave2
Ripple

Show Me wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
That no good S_B how dare for him to use my name! He’s going to have to “Show Me” and all Tulane fans that he didn’t make a mistake. But I believe he’ll stay on the bench.
Yes. Because he's good enough to play for us, but not Missouri. Because he was guaranteed to beat out Banks? Or there was simply no chance that we could recruit over him in 2019? This sounds like the fans from the board from "another school". We want guys that want to be here. But, he's doesnt become chopped liver, simply because he didnt sign here.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Well, as an update, Scott was subpar in the Missouri spring game, as it was so bad that he may not win the back up spot and it also doesn't help him that Missouri has a bunch of QBs.

He went 1/8 for 11 yards with 2 INTS.

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/spor ... aef96.html

This should put a lot of concerns to bed.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I posted some time ago about sources from LSU saying he couldn't throw the ball. Not surprised. Same thing if Narcisse decides to transfer. We shouldn't waste our time.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WeWave2
Ripple

winwave wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:55 pm I posted some time ago about sources from LSU saying he couldn't throw the ball. Not surprised. Same thing if Narcisse decides to transfer. We shouldn't waste our time.
I dont buy it. 3000 yds last year of HS. 3000 in one semester of JUCO, thats tough to do vs air. Got more insight from another board. Apparently Scott has impressed all of spring and just had a rough day. Quote from "another board":

"I spoke with ZHS head coach, who shared a few thoughts on the spring game and his former QB.

ABOUT HIS TIME AT LSU
Its not about what he was "unable" to do here (in terms of talent). He felt as if he didnt get a fair shake here and wisely left. He said that the kid was never a "LSU guy", he's a football guy. The plan was to "give it a year" here, and not to waste too much of his eligibility if he didn't feel that the staff was serious about him. Well the staff was fired, and we got CEO. He stayed through a spring, and left. The kid has three years of eligibility left.

SPRING GAME
It was rough for Scott, but ZHS HC pointed out that Scott was the only QB to rep with the 1st team offense other than Lock (a future NFL QB) in the spring game. The problem for Scott was that it was the first time that he (or any QB not named Lock) had run with the 1v1s all spring. Had not developed timing with that group.
HOWEVER he must have shown something in 14 practices to be put in that position.

SCOTT SHOULD HAVE GONE TO _____ SCHOOL
Stop it. Believe it or not, this kid is still in his redshirt freshman year. ZHS HC says the kid is very deliberate in his decision making. We can suggest what school would have been the better choice. But if your suggestion is based on the notion that he's not good enough, you're crazy. And we can predict and pontificate all we want, but with the keys in his hands, all he's done is win. The EMCC move was smart. He left. Got experience. Won a natty. Reopened his recruitment. Back to the SEC, without having to sit out.

Chances are, that won't be his last bad practice, but with 3 yrs of eligibilty remaining, with this kid's infectious personsality, leadership skills, and skillset, my money is on him to do well right there at Mizzou. And of course someone will be on the <<here>> starting another thread about a guy who no longer wears purple and gold."
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He hasn't produced at the D-1 level. Maybe he will at some point but D-1 is a big step up from both HS ball and JUCO ball.
WeWave2
Ripple

winwave wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:33 pm He hasn't produced at the D-1 level. Maybe he will at some point but D-1 is a big step up from both HS ball and JUCO ball.
Agreed. He hasn't yet, but his resume has earned him the opportunity to prove whether he can. Athletes don't usually perform poorly in HS/JUCO and turn into all Americans in college. If they don't build a resume, we don't start threads them. 130+ FBS schools. 200+ QBs go to the FBS level. Some turnout. Some don't. Ultimately, its way to soon to know (with this guy) with 3 full years of eligibility remaining.
Last edited by WeWave2 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Why are there still posts about men who want nothing to do with Tulane ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
ajcalhoun
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:15 pm Why are there still posts about men who want nothing to do with Tulane ?
Did someone force you to read it?
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

WeWave2 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:53 am
Stop it. Believe it or not, this kid is still in his redshirt freshman year. ZHS HC says the kid is very deliberate in his decision making. We can suggest what school would have been the better choice. But if your suggestion is based on the notion that he's not good enough, you're crazy. And we can predict and pontificate all we want, but with the keys in his hands, all he's done is win. The EMCC move was smart. He left. Got experience. Won a natty. Reopened his recruitment. Back to the SEC, without having to sit out.

Chances are, that won't be his last bad practice, but with 3 yrs of eligibilty remaining, with this kid's infectious personsality, leadership skills, and skillset, my money is on him to do well right there at Mizzou. And of course someone will be on the <<here>> starting another thread about a guy who no longer wears purple and gold."
No, he's not in his RS Freshman year. He has 3 of 5 years eligibility remaining, a RS Freshman has 4 of 5 years remaining.. If you're going to rally on for this kid, get it right.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:08 am

No, he's not in his RS Freshman year. He has 3 of 5 years eligibility remaining, a RS Freshman has 4 of 5 years remaining.. If you're going to rally on for this kid, get it right.
I am trying to figure out why Tulane Fans are "rallying" for this kid...life in Columbia Mo is all good, he will sit this year, and i have a feeling he will be sitting the next two after that, unless he switches to WR
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
WeWave2
Ripple

golfnut69 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:14 am

I am trying to figure out why Tulane Fans are "rallying" for this kid...life in Columbia Mo is all good, he will sit this year, and i have a feeling he will be sitting the next two after that, unless he switches to WR
I think he is technically a RS fresh until the start of fall. His RS - Sophmore season officially begins in the fall. . Btw I'm rooting for Louisiana kids, no matter where they play. You never know how things will go, I have to disagree. Don't be surprised if you see this kid taking snaps this year. He is just special. Missouri will start getting the next guy ready. Unless there is a coaching change, I think he could be the next guy up
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WeWave2 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:12 am

I think he is technically a RS fresh until the start of fall. His RS - Sophmore season officially begins in the fall. I have to disagree. Don't be surprised if you see this kid taking snaps this year. He is just special.
I think he will take some snaps at QB, but after Mizzou finishes 4-8 or 5-7 the HC will be fired and he will be under yet another new OC.....most wanted the HC fired after last year, I think he got a reprieve, or stay of execution because he is an "alum"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
WeWave2
Ripple

golfnut69 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:19 am

I think he is technically a RS fresh until the start of fall. His RS - Sophmore season officially begins in the fall. I have to disagree. Don't be surprised if you see this kid taking snaps this year. He is just special.
I think he will take some snaps at QB, but after Mizzou finishes 4-8 or 5-7 the HC will be fired and he will be under yet another new OC.....most wanted the HC fired after last year, I think he got a reprieve, or stay of execution because he is an "alum"
Some experts have them finishing with 8 wins thus season. We will have to wait and see
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WeWave2 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 1:36 am

Some experts have them finishing with 8 wins thus season. We will have to wait and see
I see two for sure W"s on the Schedule...Spring Game and UT Martin....give me the other 6
https://mutigers.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=459
Wave755
Tsunami

:thumbup: Not ‘Bama on 10/13 at Tuscaloosa, that we can be sure of for Lindsey and Ole Mizzou.
WeWave2
Ripple

Wave755 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:46 pm :thumbup: Not ‘Bama on 10/13 at Tuscaloosa, that we can be sure of for Lindsey and Ole Mizzou.
No argument over here lol!!!
Ruski
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:59 am
WeWave2 wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 1:36 am

I see two for sure W"s on the Schedule...Spring Game and UT Martin....give me the other 6
https://mutigers.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=459
According to FPI...

UT-Martin 98%
Wyoming 91%
@Purdue 55%
Memphis 71%
Kentucky 77%
Vandy 86%
@Tenn 59%
Arkansas 75%

And they give Mizzou 45% chance to beat South Carolina
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski.... I have no idea who "FPI" is...but after watching Mizzou get man handled in the Houston Bowl last year, by of all teams, Texas who was not that good... any team with speed on D is going to eat their slow "O" footed lineman alive...I don't see them beating Purdue or Tenn on the road, and Prop 48 U / Memphis will be much more difficult than FPI realizes...hell the only reason I think they will beat Arkansas is because of the HC change in Hog land.......Mizzou will get beat up by 'Bama, Georgia and Florida
Ruski
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:27 am Ruski.... I have no idea who "FPI" is...but after watching Mizzou get man handled in the Houston Bowl last year, by of all teams, Texas who was not that good... any team with speed on D is going to eat their slow "O" footed lineman alive...I don't see them beating Purdue or Tenn on the road, and Prop 48 U / Memphis will be much more difficult than FPI realizes...hell the only reason I think they will beat Arkansas is because of the HC change in Hog land.......Mizzou will get beat up by 'Bama, Georgia and Florida
I think it will be interesting to see how they bounce back from losing their OC to UCF.

I think they can beat Purdue on pure talent. Same with Vandy, Kentucky, Memphis wins on coaching but Mizzou does still get better athletes.

Mizzou should be able to beat Arkansas, that program is a bit of a mess right now, and Mizzou gets better athletes. Same with TN.

No doubt about it Bama, GA, FL are blowouts. But the SEC is so damned top heavy. Such a joke that people thought Mizzou would never compete in SEC. East is garbage.