Wave finally beats UNO, 4-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Whats the odds we lose a 3rd time due to a wild pitch? :lol:
Bearwave
High Tide

Show Me wrote:Whats the odds we lose a 3rd time due to a wild pitch? :lol:
Probably a million to 1.........so it is bound to happen given the way this season is going. :roll:
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We finally end the mid-week losing streak and we finally beat a Louisiana opponent. Now on to beating the hated Cougs.
Bigschtick
Riptide

The wave finally and barely beats UNO. Thank goodness!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
IM42lane
Swell

Bigschtick wrote: The Wave finally and barely beats UNO. Thank goodness!
So, then, do we now give Jewitt an extension on his HC contract for this 'monumental' feat ?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Bigschtick
Riptide

IM42lane wrote:
Bigschtick wrote: The Wave finally and barely beats UNO. Thank goodness!
So, then, do we now give Jewitt an extension on his HC contract for this 'monumental' feat ?

YOU TALKEN TO ME? FUGEDABOUIT!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

Now if we can only barely beat LSWho at Turchin this coming Wednesday, April 18th? My sources tell me Dannen will give Jewett one more year even if we lose every remaining game on our schedule.

After the LSU game on Wednesday time to change the focus exclusively to football where there is good reason for optimism.
Last edited by Wave755 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IM42lane
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Now if we can only barely beat LSWho at Turchin this coming Wednesday, April 18th? My sources tell me Dannen will give Jewett one more year even if we lose every remaining game on our schedule.

After the LSU game on Wednesday time to change the focus exclusively football where there is good reason for optimism.
I would rather win the Houston weekend series instead .
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Reality check..
From the Advocate
"UNO was coming off a 21-inning doubleheader at Lamar on Sunday and faces four more games in the next five days, so the Privateers went to the bottom rungs of their pitching staff and still came close to topping Tulane."
Uno plays LSU tonight
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Reality check..
From the Advocate
"UNO was coming off a 21-inning doubleheader at Lamar on Sunday and faces four more games in the next five days, so the Privateers went to the bottom rungs of their pitching staff and still came close to topping Tulane."
Uno plays LSU tonight
Actually they play Southern tonight.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
From the Advocate
Uno plays LSU tonight
Actually they play Southern tonight.
Oops. They should have saved their “rungs” for the other Baton Rouge school. :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

From the Advocate
Uno plays LSU tonight
Consider the source
Guerry Smith
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The source was tps not Smith. He never mentioned who they played tonight. They had a separate article about UNO's game written by someone else and it said they played Southern.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Tps wrong.

Impossible.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:The source was tps not Smith. He never mentioned who they played tonight. They had a separate article about UNO's game written by someone else and it said they played Southern.
I saw it. UNO won 7-5. Southern lost its 9th straight.
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... c8626.html
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
From the Advocate
Uno plays LSU tonight
Consider the source
Guerry Smith
Yep
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:The source was tps not Smith. He never mentioned who they played tonight. They had a separate article about UNO's game written by someone else and it said they played Southern.
Not sure what you're saying. The article you posted was about the game UNO played tonight. Smith's article never mentioned who UNO played tonight:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 263c1.html
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Not sure what you're saying. The article you posted was about the game UNO played tonight. Smith's article never mentioned who UNO played tonight:

Just saying UNO played tonight and won. I guess the “rungs” were better then what we faced.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Just saying UNO played tonight and won. I guess the “rungs” were better then what we faced.
Then your response to chain makes no sense since Smith never wrote that UNO was playing LSU.
Pepper
Swell

Blake Dean is a solid coach. Bright future for him.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Then your response to chain makes no sense since Smith never wrote that UNO was playing LSU.
Yes it’s does. It’s in reference to the “rungs” story that I quoted the Advocate on in my first post.
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Yes it’s does. It’s in reference to the “rungs” story that I quoted the Advocate on in my first post.
My response was concerning the Advocate article where Guerry Smith makes reference to the fact that UNO had to resort to bottom of the rung pitchers against us and almost beat us. His backhand compliment that we only won because UNO didn't have their best pitchers available. Guerry Smith is not a Tulane supporter.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

I was referring to you mistakenly saying UNO was playing LSU last night instead of Southern. Your response came across to me as saying Smith had posted it and you read it in his article.

As for the bottom rungs comment I didn't care for it either but it is factually true when you look at UNO's stats. They did throw better pitchers last night. That's on Dean. Also what always gets lost on fans and media with regards to mid week games is that the line-ups are still the same. Our pitchers stepped up for once. That's the second good outing by Price as he should have only given up a single. More importantly Bates looked like he did in his first start where he had control of the good stuff that he has. May that carry to this weekend.