13 Baby !!!!

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sergio does his best Roy McAvoy impression

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/230 ... setting-13

FYI in the movie Tin Cup there were three incidents that actually happened during PGA Tournament Play...the breaking of all of the clubs but one, putting the ball in the water 10 times, and hitting a ball off a "port o let'....all performed by Gary McCord, in his younger days

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The crazy thing is they all were good shots until the slope took over.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:The crazy thing is they all were good shots until the slope took over.
I agree...ole Sergio should have taken more club, gripped down the shaft to lessen the spin....if I am not mistaken Drew Bree's is Sergio's wife's cousin
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:The crazy thing is they all were good shots until the slope took over.
I agree...ole Sergio should have taken more club, gripped down the shaft to lessen the spin....if I am not mistaken Drew Bree's is Sergio's wife's cousin
I wondered how many balls he had left in his bag. I mean I carry 20 for obviously reasons but I think a pro would have 8 max.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
I wondered how many balls he had left in his bag. I mean I carry 20 for obviously reasons but I think a pro would have 8 max.
the majority usually carry one dozen each day...
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

They might have been well hit, but they weren't good shots! Closing the club face, hitting down less on the ball, or as golfnut suggests, taking an extra club and choking down a little are three different ways to put less spin on the ball and have the ball stay on the green.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote:
They might have been well hit, but they weren't good shots! Closing the club face, hitting down less on the ball, or as golfnut suggests, taking an extra club and choking down a little are three different ways to put less spin on the ball and have the ball stay on the green.
Please note, I posted the PC "gripped down"...not CHOKE !!!!
Pepper
Swell

Pepper wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Thanks, I knew you would have the answer. Man the elements today are making these guys look ordinary.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:
Pepper wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Thanks, I knew you would have the answer. Man the elements today are making these guys look ordinary.
After a round of play they give autographed balls to the "standard bearers' and any other player/tournament assistants assigned to their group, so that is usually two to four balls of the dozen ..plus any lost or OB balls that maybe hit