UNO Game 2 Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

winwave wrote:Both teams wholestaffing it :

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... b3fe6.html
Did UNO really score the winning run in the 9th inning on a wild pitch for the 2nd straight game against us? Unbelievable.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Some of the worst baseball I’ve ever witnessed.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Told my wife as soon as we brought Bjorngjeld in that we would lose. He can start a game or come in at the start of an inning mid-game and do ok. He's not meant to come in with someone on base or in a closer situation. Spoon is bad on the bases. Massey did ok overall and the best he's done in a while. McAffer and Johnson pitched well. Of course with the way this has gone that means they'll stink it up the next time out.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

I am a season ticket holder of 3 tickets. Have been for many, many years. It is getting very difficult to watch this team. They are making fundamental baseball mistakes. These players have been involved in organized baseball most of their lives. These mistakes are unacceptable. This coaching staff seems to be out of touch with this team. Our once nationally recognized baseball program is no more. There are 26 games remaining. The current record is 12-18 ...there have been losses to every other Louisiana team played. If this coaching staff cannot somehow turn this thing around to wind up with a decent win/loss record then their dismissal at the end of the season is in order.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
DrBox
Riptide

Did we really bunt with 1st and 3rd, 1 out in the 8th?
Dannen needs to do his job.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:Did we really bunt with 1st and 3rd, 1 out in the 8th?
Yep and it resulted into a double play. The runner at 3rd had no business getting doubled up the ball was right in front of him. Earlier we got picked off from 2nd with two outs. Even earlier we got thrown out at home on a ground ball from 3rd with no outs. Hesitated on a wild pitch and got thrown out trying to steal 2nd (next guy up homered). Then we topped it all off with our traditional wild pitch that allows the winning run in again. Etc.
First time UNO won at Turchin since 2013.
Tulane Class of 1981
BC Wave
Swell

I have been disappointed with the team to date (call me Capt. Ob.), but all season, my position has been judge the team at season’s end to the beginning. Was there improvement? Did they play together as a unit? I’m standing by that position, but I fear it will not look good at all by season’s end. We are regressing big time on fundamentals. How many boneheaded base running mistakes? At least three, arguably four. People here complain about bunting in the eighth. My complaint is in getting the freaking bunt down. It’s a shame Bedgood’s play is going unnoticed. But we could easily be 5-7 or worse after the next two weekends.

Prove me wrong, team.
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
Yep and it resulted into a double play. The runner at 3rd had no business getting doubled up the ball was right in front of him. Earlier we got picked off from 2nd with two outs. Even earlier we got thrown out at home on a ground ball from 3rd with no outs. Hesitated on a wild pitch and got thrown out trying to steal 2nd (next guy up homered). Then we topped it all off with our traditional wild pitch that allows the winning run in again. Etc.
That is coaching.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
That is coaching.
7 straight midweek loses. We’re in April and have yet to beat a Louisiana team.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

We not only suck but we are dragging conference brethren down with us as our RPI must suck. At what point does AAC step in and tell Tulane to step it up or face ejection from conference. Remember the inclusion of Tulane broke up the old Big East as the powers anticipated Tulane basketball would cost them in the end in the RPI game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We remember jax. We also remember when people were mocked for suggesting that Tulane could get kicked out the same way the BE had kicked out Temple . No more.
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Some of the worst baseball I’ve ever witnessed.
Yea but I bet we looked great standing for the National Anthem. :roll:
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

TD needs to step ASAP
Bearwave
High Tide

I dropped my season tickets when Dannen bypassed Andy and Matt for the job. I had season tickets since the mid 80's and spent an ungodly amount of hours supporting Tulane Baseball while on the Grounds Krewe. I haven't made a game yet this year (guess I'm a lucky one) but have listened to most. To see how far this program has regressed is heartbreaking. Hopefully the AD is paying attention.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

WGNO Sports video of the bunt DP and the wild pitch.
https://www.facebook.com/WGNOSports/vid ... 586405661/
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

Those "highlights" looked like the trailer for a Bad News Bears sequel. :(
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

dpm wave wrote:Those "highlights" looked like the trailer for a Bad News Bears sequel. :(
where have you gone Morris Buttermaker........a few six pack's of Dixie 45 and he is golden, something, even Tulane can afford
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
dpm wave wrote:Those "highlights" looked like the trailer for a Bad News Bears sequel. :(
where have you gone Morris Buttermaker........a few six pack's of Dixie 45 and he is golden, something, even Tulane can afford
Buttermaker could at least find/coach pitching talent.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
comparing Buttermaker, to Travis...Travis is out of date/out of touch, Sour Cream ...of course we all know the reason for the poor eye, hand coordination of this team...no damn ping pong table !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
comparing Buttermaker, to Travis...Travis is out of date/out of touch, Sour Cream ...of course we all know the reason for the poor eye, hand coordination of this team...no damn ping pong table !!!
You know I was gonna ask about the ping pong table. I dropped my tickets after the hire and have only made 1 game in 2 years. I've been to more SLU games(my alma mater) and it is quite refreshing to see quality baseball being played.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
You know I was gonna ask about the ping pong table. I dropped my tickets after the hire and have only made 1 game in 2 years. I've been to more SLU games(my alma mater) and it is quite refreshing to see quality baseball being played.
aahhhhh Southeastern, the Brown Door Pub and Strawberry Stadium !!!!
Pepper
Swell

[You know I was gonna ask about the ping pong table. I dropped my tickets after the hire and have only made 1 game in 2 years. I've been to more SLU games(my alma mater) and it is quite refreshing to see quality baseball being played.[/quote]

aahhhhh Southeastern, the Brown Door Pub and Strawberry Stadium !!!![/quote]

I was on campus today and I passed the old brown door. Memories.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nine pitches, three strikeout's:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveBSB/status ... 3547376640
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Nine pitches, three strikeout's:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveBSB/status ... 3547376640
pretty impressive, one way to keep the pitch count down.... a few years ago some pitcher at UT had 3 pitches 3 outs
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.